Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Halloween, everyone. Going to watch the immortal classic and HII later today.

I'd say H20, but that's because it always feels like a great finisher to the series.

I second that.

Thanks guys, my wife has just said to me "is H20 the one with Josh Hartnett", so I think it would be that anyway haha

Tbh I think both 4 and H20 work as a perfect cap to the series, H4s ending with Jamie Lloyd wearing the clown costume stabbing her (adoptive) Mother brings the series full circle but so does Laurie decapitating Myers.

I'd say H20, but that's because it always feels like a great finisher to the series.

Speaking of, watched Curse of Michael Myers last night. Still not a great film but it still stands above 5. Going to watch H20 and Resurrection today, and after taking the kids Trick or Treating, am going to finish off the night with my favorite, Trick 'R Treat.

I think 5 is the worst of the original series tbh. At least Resurrection has that opening segment with Laurie vs Michael. Problem with 5 is it tries to be a Friday the 13th immatator but instead of been a good immatator it's a poor one. Kind of funny how Friday the 13th ripped off Halloween but then Halloween ripped off Friday the 13th at a certain point lol

Happy Halloween, ya'll.

tumblr_nhgl2y3vG21qd6626o1_500.gif

It's that time folks. Kicking off today with my all time favorite. The immortal classic.

14890601_10155437127894676_2383044147528693501_o.jpg

Watched Halloween III Season of the Witch today and will be watching Halloween H20 shortly. Been a good one, had lots of Trick or Treaters including my neighbours little girl dressed as Harley Quinn. She had a real bat aswell haha

I watched Candyman, Night of the Living Dead and H20 today so far.

Thanks guys. I've got the Loomis figure too but couldn't fit him into the picture.

Next up obviously, and here is the Loomis figure.

14883683_10155437714494676_7646354755561663757_o.jpg

Happy Halloween everyone!

Although I'm finishing the night with Trick 'R Treat, I watched H20 before I took my kids out to get candy. I also watched the first 15 minutes of Resurrection, aka, the only part I care about. I showed my fiancé, who doesn't watch much horror, and she was like "Wow, so that's how they ended it?" I was like "No, there's like an hour and fifteen minutes of movie after this." She was like "Uhhhh, how?"

I have the comedown this morning, it's all over :csad:

I love Halloween so much but I hate when it ends, at least in a months time I can't start getting excited for Christmas lol

I know, I know. Same feeling I had all through last night. Another 365 days 'til the fun starts all over again. :(

I miss the days when I could look forward to seeing a new Halloween movie pop up around this time of year...

I have the comedown this morning, it's all over :csad:

I love Halloween so much but I hate when it ends, at least in a months time I can't start getting excited for Christmas lol

I miss seeing the stuff on TV, even if it was only a few channels this year (I was criticizing Food Network last night because they run the last episode of this season of their Halloween Wars show at 8 on the holiday, re-air once at like 1 AM, and there's no re-airs afterwards because they sweep all their Halloween programming off until next year.)

I've been watching several YouTube channels I enjoys Halloween content I've saved up, so it isn't really over to me yet, and it's Fall, I love the atmosphere of Fall, even after my favorite holiday is over.

Here's just hoping we actually hear something about a new Halloween movie soon.

Likewise. It'd be nice to just get a solid announcement that goes past "we're working to put a story together." I'd like us to get more....director & cast announcements, production dates, etc.

Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since the last entry already.

I miss the days when I could look forward to seeing a new Halloween movie pop up around this time of year...

Me too, I think it's fair to say those days are unfortunately over. It's the same with Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street. What's funny is the studios seem to not understand that these sorts of films make a killing opening weekend then have massive drop offs. It's just the way the perform, they still make a huge profit yet they aren't satisfied cause they unnecessarily spent $20 mil in the film when really they only needed to spend about $5 mil max. The studios are killing these series, it's really frustrating.

I miss seeing the stuff on TV, even if it was only a few channels this year (I was criticizing Food Network last night because they run the last episode of this season of their Halloween Wars show at 8 on the holiday, re-air once at like 1 AM, and there's no re-airs afterwards because they sweep all their Halloween programming off until next year.)

I've been watching several YouTube channels I enjoys Halloween content I've saved up, so it isn't really over to me yet, and it's Fall, I love the atmosphere of Fall, even after my favorite holiday is over.

Here's just hoping we actually hear something about a new Halloween movie soon.

I wish I could continue that, it's just once October 31st is over I feel a comedown. I'm the same with Christmas, when Christmas Day is over I'm done.

I hope so, I feel like they're waiting for the 40th anniversary for release though which means they probably aren't in any hurry to get it moving. It will happen though, that I have no doubt about.

Me too, I think it's fair to say those days are unfortunately over. It's the same with Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street. What's funny is the studios seem to not understand that these sorts of films make a killing opening weekend then have massive drop offs. It's just the way the perform, they still make a huge profit yet they aren't satisfied cause they unnecessarily spent $20 mil in the film when really they only needed to spend about $5 mil max. The studios are killing these series, it's really frustrating.

I wish I could continue that, it's just once October 31st is over I feel a comedown. I'm the same with Christmas, when Christmas Day is over I'm done.

I hope so, I feel like they're waiting for the 40th anniversary for release though which means they probably aren't in any hurry to get it moving. It will happen though, that I have no doubt about.

It makes sense, the build up does that, waiting for Halloween to come. On the other hand, with the madness that is the holiday shopping season, it's less a come down and more of a huge relief for me when Christmas is over. I also used to work in grocery for 10 years, so that could also attribute.

Honestly, with my all year love of horror anyway, I do use the holidays to visit season appropriate films. As a lot of us watched Halloween, and Trick 'R Treat, I'm planning December viewing. Between the usual Christmas classics with my family, this year at some point I'll be watching:
1. Krampus
2. A Christmas Horror Story
3. Black Christmas (original)
4. Silent Night, Deadly Night
5. Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (for the comedy. Garbage Day!)
And I'm probably forgetting one or two more I'll add later.

I'll be watching Halloween Resurrection tonight as it's the only one I didn't finish during my marathon this year, besides me never wanting to revisit the Zombie films.

Although I think the big difference between Halloween and Christmas is Christmas Day is abit of a let down whereas Halloween the day is great. I think maybe with Christmas it's all over kind of early where as Halloween it builds up through the day.

May as well post yesterday's final Inktober drawing in this thread, hope ya had a great Halloween. This is probably my favorite horror franchise, I try to watch at least the 1st film on every Halloween. Honestly one of my favorite things about the franchise is Donald Pleasance as Dr. Loomis, he always brought it up a notch.
14947892_1250779358278258_406710232739344469_n.jpg

Sundance is running their Halloween After Party marathon, so I'm watching Halloween II again. After this though are the Zombie films, so while I might keep them for background noise, not gonna be watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"