Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JLC

8P22ViN.jpg

If that's the mask they're going with consider me a happy camper. Looks damn good. Of course, I'm not hard to please. Anything above what we got in H4, H5 & H20 will keep me satisfied. :oldrazz:

If this new Halloween film is going to disregard the entire series except the 1st [and possibly 2nd?] are they going to address the the apparent long time in between? Meaning Laurie Strode [Jamie Lee] is now a more mature woman in it?

If this new Halloween film is going to disregard the entire series except the 1st [and possibly 2nd?] are they going to address the the apparent long time in between? Meaning Laurie Strode [Jamie Lee] is now a more mature woman in it?

Um, yes....

I'm sure it will be addressed, and done differently from H20, where they just made her hit the booze hard.

I say it again, have her be the one hunting Michael (while he's hunting some new victims) like Loomis use to.

I'm sure it will be addressed, and done differently from H20, where they just made her hit the booze hard.

And pills. Don't forget about her popping pills throughout the movie...which I guess Jamie Lee Curtis herself might've had some input on since she went through that battle in real life.

I hope it doesn't just pick up some 35 yrs later and goes right into her & Michael like its been an ongoing thing.

Halloween Sequel Details From Co-Writer Danny McBride
“We’re kind of ignoring all the films past the first one,” he says. “It picks up after the first one, but it’s sort of an alternate reality. It’s as if the first Halloween ended in a slightly different way.”

"We pitched to Carpenter, and he was into it, which kind of blew David and me away, but I still think nobody was really talking about Jamie. … I think everyone was kind of on the mindset of it’d be a grab to get her, but no one really knew if we would be able to. So Dave and I just busted our ass on this script to really make that Laurie Strode character something she wouldn’t be able to say no to. When we finished the script, we sent it to her, and she said she was in. So we just flipped out. We were over the moon about her involvement.”

“I just hope that we don’t **** it up and piss people off. This is such a diehard fan base. You don’t want horror fans being your enemies because they show up at your house with masks on,” McBride says. “We are diehard fans of Halloween. We’re watching all the sequels and where things have taken left turns here and there that maybe bites for fans, and at least trying to deliver what we would have wanted to see. Hopefully that will line up with most fans.”

Oh yeah, loving the sound of this, and how they want to respect and please the fans. I can't wait to see what they have come up with for Laurie.

Just because it "picks up" there, doesn't mean it stays there.

if we were told it picks up after the 1st one....and then youre saying doesnt stay there.....now Im thoroughly confused. :huh:

When they say it picks up after the first one, they mean the story picks up from that movie, and ignores the other sequels. Like how H20 picked up after the first two Halloween movies, and ignored the rest.

if we were told it picks up after the 1st one....and then youre saying doesnt stay there.....now Im thoroughly confused. :huh:

The movie begins by showing where Michael went after Dr. Loomis shot him/how he escaped Haddonfield. Time jump. Present day. Just speculating that this is what will happen if McBride's comment is taken literally (and as Joker poitns out, it may not mean that the film picks up directly after Halloween). There's nothing confusing at all. I am simply stating that just because a movie begins in one time period, it doesn't mean it will end in that time period or even that the movie will be primarily set in that time period. For example, Guardians of the Galaxy picks up in a small midwestern town in the 1980s. Yet the movie is primarily set in outerspace, with no additional scenes occurring on Earth, much less the 1980s.

The movie begins by showing where Michael went after Dr. Loomis shot him/how he escaped Haddonfield. Time jump. Present day. Just speculating that this is what will happen if McBride's comment is taken literally (and as Joker poitns out, it may not mean that the film picks up directly after Halloween). There's nothing confusing at all. I am simply stating that just because a movie begins in one time period, it doesn't mean it will end in that time period or even that the movie will be primarily set in that time period. For example, Guardians of the Galaxy picks up in a small midwestern town in the 1980s. Yet the movie is primarily set in outerspace, with no additional scenes occurring on Earth, much less the 1980s.

I see, so possibly show Michael lumbering away somehow into the darkness as Loomis is watching from the top floor of house and then flash forward to preset day. Copy you. I suppose your explantion is the only way it could really happen if Mcbride does it right.

If that's the mask they're going with consider me a happy camper. Looks damn good. Of course, I'm not hard to please. Anything above what we got in H4, H5 & H20 will keep me satisfied. :oldrazz:

Dude, try flipping the image so you can see this mask the correct way. It looks like S***. The H20 mask was far more accurate to this crap. I admit the hair on the H20 mask was not great but the face of the mask was so on point i thought they just used the first films mask for that movie.

Last edited:
Dude, try flipping the image so you can see this mask the correct way. It looks like S***. The H20 mask was far more accurate to this crap. I admit the hair on the H20 mask was not great but the face of the mask was so on point i thought they just used the first films mask for that movie.

Is this mask the absolute best? No, it's not, but for me, it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of the masks we've gotten in the past. As for H20, the only mask in it that was close to the original was the replicate of the H6 mask that was used for the beginning & a few other scenes. But the other three (or four?) masks that were used were definitely not closer to the original than the mask above.

h20masks.jpg

halloween-kirk-mask-promotional.jpg

Not even close.

It looks like the Trick or Treat Studios ''Elrod'' mask and they've fluffed the hair up a little.

wGfKckW.png

If they make it seem like the first ended differently, I won't be happy. That makes this film useless to me. And I'm looking forward to this. So hopefully it's just a different angle or something. I'm so down for ignoring every sequel but that comment makes me worry.

If they make it seem like the first ended differently, I won't be happy. That makes this film useless to me. And I'm looking forward to this. So hopefully it's just a different angle or something. I'm so down for ignoring every sequel but that comment makes me worry.

Agreed. I'm excited about the film ignoring all of the other installments but the last thing we need is the meaning of the original to be changed in any context. I'd much rather they tell their story without doing so...imo, doing so will only weaken what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"