Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I speak for all of us when I say the first two films are the best: the original for obvious reasons, and Halloween II for doing a very good decent job at recapturing the first film while being its own entry.

Everything else is either good based on personal opinion, good based on facts, or universally agreed to be bad.

Resurrection was a blatant cash grab that failed to even try to add anything interesting to the franchise, made a truly pitiful attempt to be hip and cool, and also managed to completely butcher the previous film's ending in the process. As much as I hate what Zombie did with his H2, I can at least appreciate that he was trying to do something new with it, even if I dislike it on a fundamental level.

100% agreed. At least Rob has a vision he's passionate about it... His vision just isn't "Halloween." Heck, I like "Devil's Rejects" and "Lords of Salem" and am excited to see what he does next.

Halloween (1978)
H20
Halloween II (1982)
Halloween 4
Halloween 6 (especially the producers cut)
Halloween 3
Halloween (2007)
Halloween II (2009)
Halloween 5
Resurrection

IMHO

I couldn't care less how passionate Rob Zombie was about his "vision". That doesn't earn him any points when the end product is crap, and a total bastardization of Halloween lore.

RZH2 beats out Resurrection, H5 and RZH as the worst.

You have Laurie being an abusive, short tempered, loathsome b**ch. Loomis being a money grubbing sell out who cashed in on the fame of Michael's murders. Michael as a dirty bearded hobo who actually TALKS, and has visions of his mommy with a white horse telling him to kill.

Busta Rhymes kung fu on Michael from HR. Michael being the father of his niece's baby in H6 director's cut. The goofy clown cops, stuttering Billy, the old man who kept Michael in his shack in the woods for a whole year without telling anyone, and Michael having a psychic bond to Jamie from H5. The white trash Myers family, and totally erasing all mystery from Michael's character in RZH. Bad as all that is, I would take any of it over RZH2.

Agreed with every single thing you said :up:

I couldn't care less how passionate Rob Zombie was about his "vision". That doesn't earn him any points when the end product is crap, and a total bastardization of Halloween lore.

Another spot on post :up:

My main issue with his take is it’s just so uninteresting. He had a chance to tell an origin story (one that didn’t really need to be tell if truth be told but I digress) with some uniqueness to it. Instead it’s just little **** kid from a broken home is an evil psycho bastard. Yawn! **** Rob Zombie Films!

For me, Halloween Resurrection edges out RZH2 as being the absolute worst. Its one of the most pointless and unecessary horror sequels ive ever seen and spits in the face of everything carpenter did. RZH2 is terrible as well though, dont get me wrong. Ugh, theyre both so terrible and completey bad films

RZH2 is equally as pointless, Michael is dead at the end RZH same as he is at the end of H20. What makes RZH2 even more pointless is RZ wife getting a role because she’s his wife even though she’s dead as can be in the first film. She’s in a lot of scenes too and is integral to Michael’s arc as it plays out in the film. Again it’s all pointless and they shoe horn in that white horse plot which lets face it is like a reverse retcon. To me there is no bigger piece of s*** film ever made than that abomination.

Last edited:
I hear that the trailer will release at 3am EST....not sure how reliabel that is

You'd you hear that? It will likely be released 11 AM/12 PM EST, same time as the last two days of content was.

Passion doesn't account for much, but I give him points for at least keeping his **** self-contained. **** like Resurrection being tied to the original is just UGH.
I feel I speak for all of us when I say the first two films are the best: the original for obvious reasons, and Halloween II for doing a very good decent job at recapturing the first film while being its own entry.

The way I see it, the first was a great pilot being helmed by a visionary director, and then the second was the following episodes that have had to make do with less. Still a good time, but not quite the same.

RZH2 is equally as pointless, Michael is dead at the end RZH same as he is at the end of H20. What makes RZH2 even more pointless is RZ wife getting a role because she’s his wife even though she’s dead as can be in the first film. She’s in a lot of scenes too and is integral to Michael’s arc as it plays out in the film. Again it’s all pointless and they shoe horn in that white horse plot which lets face it is like a reverse retcon. To me there is no bigger piece of s*** film ever made than that abomination.
i still agree with all of this. Its why i said both films are complete garbage and shouldnt have ever existed

Was just about to post that StarLord!! :mrk: I’ll be at work, so at 10 I need to make sure I find a spot to hide for a little to watch the trailer.

The Shape is almost here!

[YT]DQbTf0gRQFw[/YT]

I’ll be staying up here in Aus to see it :)

Ok today is a happy day. No more talk about the Zombie films. Got it!! :o

They've got an emoji for The Shape on Twitter! :funny:

Use #HalloweenMovie to use it!

Edit - Oh, it also works with #TheShape too!

Last edited:
Today is the day. Let's gooooooo

giphy.gif

If I had to nitpick anything we've seen thus far from the new film...

- The mask and Michael's overall look reminds more of Michael in H2 than in H1.

- There is really no reason to re-do the whole "sheet ghost" bit. I'm not interested in seeing rehashed moments from the original.

- There is really no reason to re-do the whole "sheet ghost" bit. I'm not interested in seeing rehashed moments from the original.

What if it's just Laurie imagining it?

I'm pretty sure the ghost sheet bit is Michael's decoration of a corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"