• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HALO 4 in the making...more or less

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
Bare in mind that is only a rumour, a great one, and it´s not made by Bungie, only produced, like all Halo based games (which is cool, because it gives a new perspective).
The question is, who will make it?
It has to be a great developer, one capable of greatness and make Halo justice.
Guess what, if the rumour is true, that just happend, Halo is in great hands.

HALO 4, developed by GEARBOX.

Gearbox is, at this moment, one of the biggest developers around, working on 3 major hyped games: Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway, Borderlands (should be amazing) and Aliens: Colonial Marines (can´t wait).
On their resume are Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Half-Life expansions and PC HALO, seen as one of the greatest ports made in the last years.

Now, on Feb 4th, Randy Pitchford announced on Gearbox´s forums that they have a very big and important project on their hands, one that they can´t oversell it, and he is directing it himself (he even say that it´s bigger than we can think off).
"I've started a new project. It's big. It's, like, look-at-our-line-up-and-imagine-something-even-bigger kind of big. I'm Directing it myself. I can't mention it publicly yet. When you find out what this is, you'll likely agree that I can't oversell this one."

First clue, it´s something we know (...when you find out what it is...).
Second, they made Halo for the PC.
Third, this, from a Microsoft employee
"...not that there is a lot to tell at the moment, and not that I want to stick my neck out too far, but what you think isn't...beyond the realms of possibility. There has been a buzz here since the Bungie split that we want to go somewhere with the franchise, obviously. Once the other two are out the door, it would be prudent to have a break for a while before the next instalment. We don't want to do a Final Fantasy on this franchise; it's too important for that kind of crap. Too much, and folks get bored. And these games, you know, they take a few years to make. Take from all this what you will."
The other two are Halo Wars and Peter Jackson´s

So? Thoughts?
Would you be happy if Gearbox made Halo 4?

I'd like to see a new perspective on the game, so why the hell not?

Gearbox is a kick ass developer and while i dont care for Halo the way others do, id love to see a Halo made by Gearbox.

Yeah, I have read in a few places that a new Halo game is the super secret title being made by Gearbox. The other rumor that was that its set before Halo during the initial invasion by the Covernant. Plus... No master Chief. Its also supposedly a launch title for the next Xbox. That last part makes sence since Gearbox have so many projects on the go at the moment.

Jacksons "Interactive halo movie thing" that is coming out could be pretty cool too.

Yeah, I have read in a few places that a new Halo game is the super secret title being made by Gearbox. The other rumor that was that its set before Halo during the initial invasion by the Covernant. Plus... No master Chief. Its also supposedly a launch title for the next Xbox. That last part makes sence since Gearbox have so many projects on the go at the moment.

Jacksons "Interactive halo movie thing" that is coming out could be pretty cool too.

I could really see Gearbox doing a "non-Master Chief" Halo game. I could see it looking like Brothers in Arms : Hells Highway, just without the squad commands.

I'd love a Halo game where you play as the helljumpers...that would be awesome. It could take place before the first Halo, and have non-MC spartans as NPCs...that would rule.

Everything sounds promising except the next x-box thing. Just put it on this system and stop wasting my money. :o

It seems to me that MS wants the formula to be 1 official Halo game per console, and then a few spin-offs. Which is understandable, cause then you have at least 1 big draw for your console, you dont saturate the market with the same old same old (I'm looking at you Medal Of Honor), and you still get to have multiple games related to the series.

It's a good buisness plan.

Only problem is that is exactly the complaint from a lot of people of the Halo games, especially from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Only problem is that is exactly the complaint from a lot of people of the Halo games, especially from Halo 2 to Halo 3

Worrying about someone whining & complaing is a mute point because some gamers will whine & complain about anything. Whiners & complainers should be the last thing gamers whine about. There will always be whiners & complainers

Oh it won't affect the potential success of the game at all, if there is a Halo 4, it will sell tons. I'm just saying that was what a lot of people were complaining about, it being very similar, more of the same, etc.

I'm already looking forward to this... :up:

The other rumor that was that its set before Halo during the initial invasion by the Covernant. Plus... No master Chief. Its also supposedly a launch title for the next Xbox. That last part makes sence since Gearbox have so many projects on the go at the moment.
I can see it being made for the 720 (?), but the rumor of it being set before Halo....i dunno.
The rumor you heard should have been about Halo Wars, because that one is set at the begining of it all.

Isildur´s Heir;14072962 said:
I can see it being made for the 720 (?), but the rumor of it being set before Halo....i dunno.
The rumor you heard should have been about Halo Wars, because that one is set at the begining of it all.

Nope, not Halo Wars. The rumor was about the initial covernent invasion. Some pople took this as meaning you play as Johnson. Which would be cool.

On a slightly related note, I wonder what Bungie are announcing at their GDC event this year. I would love a new Oni game. The announcement will probably be for an XBLA game though. Pimps at sea... I want you!

As long as they are good as Bungie I'll be happy.
Maybe they could make campaign more fun, I barely play it.

It seems to me that MS wants the formula to be 1 official Halo game per console, and then a few spin-offs. Which is understandable, cause then you have at least 1 big draw for your console, you dont saturate the market with the same old same old (I'm looking at you Medal Of Honor), and you still get to have multiple games related to the series.

It's a good buisness plan.

and every nintendo franchise mainly....mario and zelda.

Yeah but if you don't like Mario you're a "narrow minded moron".

If you you're going to call out a game for saturating the gaming market,might as well call out the others.

So far mario is looking lack luster to me as the years go by, galaxy was a dissapointment...meh. miyamato needs to take a break and come back with something fresh and new gameplay mechanics.

I wasn't being serious. That's just what a certain poster thinks if you aren't a fan of Mario.

This is ridiculous. Its way too damn early for another halo. Most overated game ever. I bought it, beat it in a couple of days havent played it since. COD4>>>>>>>>> halo3.

Uh...did you even read it? It's in pre-production for the X-Box 3...how is "next gen" too soon?

Once they make the xbox 720...they need a Halo game to come out around its release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"