Halo Halo 5: Guardians

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Announced-for-Xbox-One--Coming-Late-2015.html

Halo 5: Guardians Announced for Xbox One, Coming Late 2015

Microsoft has finally put a name on Halo for Xbox One. It’s called Halo 5: Guardians and it’s due to hit in the autumn of 2015.

Speaking on Xbox Wire, 343 Industries general manager Bonnie Ross said, “I’m happy to reveal that Halo 5: Guardians, the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo” game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.”

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than Halo 4,” added Ross. “That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.”

“It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe.”

Pre-empting disappointment that the game will not arrive until late 2015, Ross said that something Halo-flavoured will be arriving this year. Halo 2 Anniversary, perhaps?

“Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year," said Ross. "I spoke about a ‘journey,’ rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.

“So until E3, I’d like to express my gratitude to our massive and varied Halo community, whose energy, enthusiasm, criticism and kindness are the driving force behind what we do and what we hope to achieve in Halo 5: Guardians.”

In addition to this, Ross also revealed that the Steven Spielberg produced Halo television series will also be coming in 2015.

“2015 won’t simply be the year of Halo 5: Guardians,” said Ross. “It will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the Halo television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business.

“A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the Halo television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.”

I still think we're getting Halo 2: Anniversary this year.

Probably. That should satisfy Halo demand until the big one releases.

Count me in. I love me some Halo, especially good Halo and Reach and 4 really delivered that for me. :cool:

I've got more into each new game that's come out in the main series. Never had the original Xbox and didn't do much pc gaming back then so I only caught up with 1 & 2 after their time so I can't really comment on how good they might have been back then but 3, Reach & 4 were all awesome to me. 5 will likely be one of the biggest next gen games to date when it launches.

I still think we're getting Halo 2: Anniversary this year.
With multiplayer hopefully. I just want to be able to play some Halo multiplayer on the Xbox One with my friends. Plus it would be cool if 343i had a beta this time for Halo 5 so that could be included with the purchase.

Please tell me that Spartan in the photo is the villain.

I've been begging for a Spartan villain for years.

Needs to happen.

I've got more into each new game that's come out in the main series. Never had the original Xbox and didn't do much pc gaming back then so I only caught up with 1 & 2 after their time so I can't really comment on how good they might have been back then but 3, Reach & 4 were all awesome to me. 5 will likely be one of the biggest next gen games to date when it launches.
Combat Evolved is by far the best for me still. The single player campaign is a work of art. It is expertly crafted. Unique and thrilling scenario after scenario that are unmatched in most regards. Though I really enjoyed Reach and 4 in that regard. 3 had great multiplayer, but sadly I find the campaign really wanting.

& I imagine that there will be another collection with the spin offs

I'm assuming if that's true it would be something like this:

Halo: CE Anniversary - 60fps, 1080p
Halo 2 Anniversary - 60fps, 1080p
Halo 3 - 60fps, 1080p
Halo 4 - 60fps, 1080p

Considering I have Halo CEA, H3 and H4 at 30fps, 720p, the price difference between just Halo 2 A and the full collection would have to be small enough for me to go "**** it, I'm in for the whole thing". Otherwise, I'll just be getting Halo 2 A

What frame rate and res are Halo 3 & 4 on 360?

I'm actually impressed that theres not a Call Of Duty HD Console Collection on the X1 yet. They got every single main game on the 360

Last edited:
I never had the 1st Xbox but obviously knew that Halo was an absolutely huge game. But when I saw it I always thought the visuals were lacking for a world beating game. They improved with Reach but with 4 they look every bit a world beater. Parts of that looked beyond last gen and the sound was the best from any game I can remember.

And Halo 4, IMHO.. Was A fantastic looking game.
I am right there with you. Can't wait to see it now.

I know it is the Master Chief collection, so no Reach and ODST, but part of me was still hoping. Anyway, I am going to have to buy a X-box One soon now. Perhaps they will have a Halo themed one for Christmas. :)

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be a spin off collection with ODST, Reach & Wars

I'm sure there will be a spin off collection with ODST, Reach & Wars
And probably Spartan Assault. Those would probably just be an upgrade from 720p (or 640p in the case of ODST)/30fps to 1080p/60fps

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"