Halo Halo 5: Guardians

Yes, but a better investment for them!

Edit: misread, thought you meant longer. The manufacturers want longer but some developers want the tools to do stuff that will shock and impress enough to stop sales flagging towards the end of a generation.

well that entirely goes against ND's and R*'s logic of releasing TLOU and GTAV respectively the very last year of the 7th generation of consoles. and i understand developers wanting to awe audience but why would they care to stop the sales of a generation of consoles just because they're on the brink of another gen? i mean, as long as their games sell...

And honestly speaking, I wouldn't have minded if the 7th generation continued on for a few more years; the tech in the 360 and Ps3 were obviously dated, but the quality of games being released were just top notch, and with the Wii U released if after a certain amount of time developers started making the same game for all 3 platforms, we could go back to the 6th generation days when the eventual Ps4/xbone released down the road

Some developers want it, others don't. They all have their own motivations and likely profit opportunities and prefer whatever happens to suit their strategy. The console manufacturers benefit from longer life cycles though.

well i want to see this gen last 10 years.

**** what the devs want.

It might do but the hardware's already quite weak relative to pc unlike with previous console releases. Can't imagine the difference in 8 or 9 years. It also depends how fast 4k catches on. The growth on that has gone crazy as tv prices have started dropping.

It might do but the hardware's already quite weak relative to pc unlike with previous console releases. Can't imagine the difference in 8 or 9 years. It also depends how fast 4k catches on. The growth on that has gone crazy as tv prices have started dropping.

as far as I know, xbone already has 4K capabilities, and i think all the Ps4 will need is a software update that allows it.

as far as I know, xbone already has 4K capabilities, and i think all the Ps4 will need is a software update that allows it.
Yes for video, like downloadable 4k films, trailers, 4k Netflix etc. Not for 4k gaming. It wouldn't matter even if it did as the base hardware will never be able to support it even when developers have fully mastered the systems at the end of their lives. These next gen consoles are talking about 1080p as the holy grail (which the X1 is struggling with on a good number of games) while you can already play 4k with 30 FPS today on pc (although at great cost). 2.5k will be affordable for many in a few years and 4k a few years after that. 2.5k & 4k TV & gaming monitor prices between 28" & 40" are falling really fast and already affordable to many. It's just a case of waiting for the price of powerful graphics cards to fall further.

If these consoles are still going strong at 9 or 10 years they will look a hell of a lot worse in comparison than when people realised the differences with something like BF3 on pc and console for eg as there will be an additional generation or 2 of technology in between. Gaming is a fast moving technology like smartphones (though not quite as fast) and that doesn't fit well with hardware that doesn't change for 10 years. Imagine not changing your mobile for 10 years, I can't remember if the one I had then could even take photos lol. And my top of the range TV from back then was given away for nothing a couple of years ago as its standard definition is almost unwatchable on a big screen now that we've seen what new TVs can do.

Do we know yet how the whole Beta thing will work with TMCC Digital Version ?

Yes for video, like downloadable 4k films, trailers, 4k Netflix etc. Not for 4k gaming. It wouldn't matter even if it did as the base hardware will never be able to support it even when developers have fully mastered the systems at the end of their lives. These next gen consoles are talking about 1080p as the holy grail (which the X1 is struggling with on a good number of games) while you can already play 4k with 30 FPS today on pc (although at great cost). 2.5k will be affordable for many in a few years and 4k a few years after that. 2.5k & 4k TV & gaming monitor prices between 28" & 40" are falling really fast and already affordable to many. It's just a case of waiting for the price of powerful graphics cards to fall further.

If these consoles are still going strong at 9 or 10 years they will look a hell of a lot worse in comparison than when people realised the differences with something like BF3 on pc and console for eg as there will be an additional generation or 2 of technology in between. Gaming is a fast moving technology like smartphones (though not quite as fast) and that doesn't fit well with hardware that doesn't change for 10 years. Imagine not changing your mobile for 10 years, I can't remember if the one I had then could even take photos lol. And my top of the range TV from back then was given away for nothing a couple of years ago as its standard definition is almost unwatchable on a big screen now that we've seen what new TVs can do.
Xbone can't do 4K gaming??

****, well, is it simple enough for them both to make a firmware update that WOULD allow for 4K gaming then? because you're right, in at least 2 years, 4K may not become a household item, but a household name.

Xbone can't do 4K gaming??

****, well, is it simple enough for them both to make a firmware update that WOULD allow for 4K gaming then? because you're right, in at least 2 years, 4K may not become a household item, but a household name.
The base hardware isn't strong enough to run it whatever software updates you do. It'd be the same with a pc with PS4/X1 equivalent hardware, even if it was theoretically possible to run it. In other words you might get 4k resolution but at 2 frames per second or something unplayable like that.

It'll be a long time before the average person can run 4k from their pc with a decent refresh rate even if the super rich enthusiasts are already doing it but definitely a fair bit less than 10 years. And well before that 2.5k, which is also a big upgrade, will be affordable. Some people with a high end setup already regularly game on 1440p as the monitors aren't that expensive any more. There isn't a problem with the usual console model as in the past new consoles have been as powerful as good pcs of the time and the life cycle was short enough that they would catch up soon enough before pc developed too far. Not being able to replace or upgrade parts for a decade is a big problem in a technology product when competitors can. I think 7 or 8 years is more realistic with the next generation of consoles seeing a resolution upgrade for gaming by when 4K TVs will probably be commonplace.

as far as i know no one really cares about 2.5k. it's not like they sell tvs at 2.5k; we've gone from 1080p straight to 2160p.

7 or 8 years is good too, that's pretty much how long the last generation was and I feel like that could've even been longer, you know

I think it will be similar to last gen. They want it to be a certain mimimum length so they can maximise their return and I think they'll be successful for that long and near the end of that time they can start dropping hints for their next gen consoles.

I think it will be similar to last gen. They want it to be a certain mimimum length so they can maximise their return and I think they'll be successful for that long and near the end of that time they can start dropping hints for their next gen consoles.

that sounds good to me man.

2 generations back, sony won with Ps1, then again with Ps2, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on who won last gen. some say wii, others say 360, and no one really says Ps3.

I say it's the wii. the 360 & Ps3 are tied at 2nd.

I want a cross between Halo 3 and Halo 4 as far as multiplayer goes for the next one. The simplistic designs of the armour and maps, bring back the original BR, get rid of the DMR (it was a prototype weapon... being in Halo 4 made absolutely no sense and they altered the BR to make room for it), bring back dual-wielding, keep sprint as a default to every player, and make armour abilities act as equipment did in Halo 3, where you can pick it up and use it. With things like Thruster Pack, maybe it gives you three bursts and then it's gone. Also bring back old school invisibility.

Xbox One
Halo 5’s “primary character” is Agent Locke, says actor
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

Actor hints at part of campaign being searching for Master Chief.
Agent-Locke-H5-Primary-Chara.jpg

The main protagonist of Halo 5: Guardians is the Halo: Nightall TV series’ Agent Locke, according to Locke actor Mike Colter.
Speaking to the latest issue of X-One Magazine, Colter confirmed, “Yeah, I’m a playable character in Halo 5. Once Halo: The Master Chief Collection is released, and then Halo 5 comes out shortly thereafter, you’re basically going to be playing a game with me as the primary character.
“I’ll have some cool weaponry, and some cool abilities, because by that time I’ll be a Spartan IV.”
We’ve known Locke will be playable in Halo 5 since July. But we didn’t know his role stretched to that of a main character.
Colter didn’t share further details regarding how much of the game players will control Agent Locke versus how much players will control Master Chief, but he did hint at part of the campaign being searching for Master Chief.
“What’s not known, is whether I’m a friend or foe,” he teased. “The relationship between Master Chief and Jameson Locke is going to be interesting. Because what’s the outcome?
“Is he dead or alive? Because that’s usually what a manhunt comes down to, dead or alive, but you won’t know what the purpose of finding Master Chief is [right away].
“Or what will happen if we do find him, what condition he will be in, and where he’s at mentally. But I’m sure that’ll be a plot twist in Halo 5
Halo 5: Guardians is due out for Xbox One in 2015.
Thanks, CVG (via Imgur).

Read More

Xbox One, 343 Industries, FPS, Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: Nightfall, Microsoft, Mike Colter, Shooter

source: Gematsu

Nice. I want some other good characters in Halo 5 outside of Master Chief.

I want a cross between Halo 3 and Halo 4 as far as multiplayer goes for the next one. The simplistic designs of the armour and maps, bring back the original BR, get rid of the DMR (it was a prototype weapon... being in Halo 4 made absolutely no sense and they altered the BR to make room for it), bring back dual-wielding, keep sprint as a default to every player, and make armour abilities act as equipment did in Halo 3, where you can pick it up and use it. With things like Thruster Pack, maybe it gives you three bursts and then it's gone. Also bring back old school invisibility.
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they're going back to the older style of H2/3, so no armor abilities, no dual wielding(I think that's what they said), and it'll be more arena style maps, like H1-3.

Which sounds good to me. :woot:

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they're going back to the older style of H2/3, so no armor abilities, no dual wielding(I think that's what they said), and it'll be more arena style maps, like H1-3.

Which sounds good to me. :woot:
No armour abilities was confirmed?

I'm fine with having more characters in Halo.. But damnit I BETTER be playing as MC for the majority of the game..

From GAF.. A confirmed member of 343.

"A" primary character,

Chief is the main character and hero.

[Originally Posted by Courage
They're probably gonna test the waters to see if they can retire Master Chief.]

NO. We're not.

The end.

No armour abilities was confirmed?
Yeah, they dropped it, cause of how much of a failure H4, and to an extent, Reach was compared to the others. They're trying to keep Halo playing like Halo, and not like a COD ripoff.

I'll find you an article later.

did anyone watch Warlock vids on IGN First!? Damn I really like te 1080p 60fps in Halo. I want it now.

I have a feeling Halo 5 might be huge given some of the disappointments from some other games so far. Could be the game that finally pushes a lot of 360 guys to upgrade. I mean like Halo 3 huge.

I agree. I have friends that want to get a One before the Halo hub or whatever comes out. That right there tells me 5 could be big..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"