Hanna’ TV adaptation gets series order from Amazon

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
‘Hanna’ TV Adaptation Gets Straight-To-Series Order At Amazon From NBCU Int’l Studios

Amazon Studios has given a straight-to-series order to Hanna, a drama based on Focus Features’ offbeat 2011 assassin pic, from David Farr, who co-wrote the feature, and NBCUniversal International Studios.

Emmy-nominated Farr, who most recently adapted John Le Carre’s The Night Manager for BBC/AMC, will pen the adaptation. Farr had been developing the project with NBCUniversal’s International Studios’ L.A. scripted team, headed up by JoAnn Alfano, and Tomorrow ITV Studios’ Marty Adelstein, who produced the feature, and Becky Clements.

Interesting idea. I hope it’s got tons of German techno music

Nice, however there is something about the fight choreography that seems a bit off in the middle of the trailer.

Heads up, the 1st episode of Hanna is available to watch.

I love the movie, despite it's flaws, so I watched the pilot today.

I quite liked the pilot and the casting for the leads was pretty good. They aren't as good as Saoirse, Cate and Eric,of course, but the new cast is still good.
The pilot roughly follows about the first quarter of the movie, but with some obvious changes.
About the only mild disappointment was the music, I really miss the techno pop from the movie, it really gave certain scenes and added pop.

Really enjoyed the pilot! Can't wait to see more!

Very apparent stunt double stuff in that Super Bowl trailer.

Now granted, I've never seen the movie, but I found this pretty entertaining. I loved Joel Kinnamon in Altered Carbon and Suicide Squad so I was glad to see him on this.

I'm not sure where this was shot at, but the locations were gorgeous and some of the shots were just breathtaking. I'm really hyped to watch the rest of the season in March. I thought this was a pretty solid opener all in all.

First season is now available to watch

Watched the first 3 Episodes so far and i really like what i see.
Quite tense and the mystery got me hooked. Will continue to watch.

Really loved those last 10 min of episode 3,intense as hell.

Is there something I'm missing here? Why a TV adaptation of that film?

Not sure,but with the exception of how a certain action sequence was shot at the end of episode 2 I've been enjoying it so far, I ust have one episode left.So it feels more like a Bourne series (with a mixture of Orphan Black) than the Hanna film. I hope the upcoming Bourne series 'Treadstone' series on USA Network is similar in tone.

Just finished episode 7. A good solid episode which sets up the season finale quite well.
The final looks like it will be action packed.

I quite like the series so far, but I still have moments where I can't help but compare it to the movie, even the the plots have diverged after a few episodes.

The casting has grown on me, especially the 3 main characters, but there are a few exceptions. like the guy who played a similar character to Tom Holland's "Isaacs" from the movie who was freaky, but menacing, but the new character "Jacobs" was neither.
Not really a fan of the new Sophie either.

I also miss the German techno pop from the movie's soundtrack.

Really enjoyed this. Granted I still haven't seen the movie version, but now I definitely want too. It started out kind of slow, but I really got hooked around the midpoint of this. The action sequences are really well directed and tense and the actress they got for Hanna did a very solid job IMO. Joel Kinnaman easily impressed me the most though. I had no idea if I was ever going to get use to that thick accent of his in this, but eventually I did after a while and he gives a pretty damn convincing performance as a father which also helps.

Between this and Alerted Carbon I might actually need to start taking him seriously as an actor.

Never got around to the film but am starting this now. Joel has become a lead I tend to really like no matter what he does so I will give this a shot.

Never got around to the film but am starting this now. Joel has become a lead I tend to really like no matter what he does so I will give this a shot.
You should watch the film, just for the soundtrack. I mean Saoirse, Eric and Cate are fantastic, and it is really well shot and put together. But the soundtrack will stick with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"