Hanna’ TV adaptation gets series order from Amazon

You should watch the film, just for the soundtrack. I mean Saoirse, Eric and Cate are fantastic, and it is really well shot and put together. But the soundtrack will stick with you.

It had me at the concept and the trailer and cast but in all the years it has been out I just let it slip through the cracks. Definitely will see it after I finish the series for a compare/contrast.

It had me at the concept and the trailer and cast but in all the years it has been out I just let it slip through the cracks. Definitely will see it after I finish the series for a compare/contrast.
I have a few films like that. I hope you enjoy both man. :yay:

Yet another show giving girls the false illusion that they can kick grown men's butts..no thanks.

The movie was ok.

Yet another show giving girls the false illusion that they can kick grown men's butts..no thanks.

The movie was ok.

Yeah... Need to keep that in mind as I watch the series about the genetically modified super soldier raised by a special forces operative in wilderness isolation.
:o

Up to ep 6 and enjoy the show but I think it moves rather slowly.

Edit:Below pertains to initial reaction to Anna trailer.

Initial post:
I saw the trailer and just so violent... It's like you can't see any emotion on her face behind all the makeup and being a chick that kicks butt but definitely has a vibe going for it and some production value to it.

I guess overall, I think this is where superhero films really work as an expansion upon the action genre cause you can have men or women of different ages and backgrounds doing fantastical things without certain aspects coming into question as much.

Last edited:
I saw the trailer and just so violent... It's like you can't see any emotion on her face behind all the makeup and being a chick that kicks butt but definitely has a vibe going for it and some production value to it.

I guess overall, I think this is where superhero films really work as an expansion upon the action genre cause you can have men or women of different ages and backgrounds doing fantastical things without certain aspects coming into question as much.

What the hell are you talking about? Make up? She meets other teens in the show and a big difference is the contrast between her aesthetics having grown up without things like make up in the woods and teens raised in civilization. Whatever make up used on the actress is incredibly subtle because she isn't supposed to look like a modern teenaged girl. She was raised away from the cultural influences of most teens in the Western world something actually that the show points out again and again.

Once more... What part of the show about genetically altered super soldiers keeps going over people's heads? One trained harshly by a special forces type operative? Because of her inherent abilities she has various heightened skills and those have been honed to a razors edge by her father. These are also the reasons for her taciturn nature having not been raised around people so she hasn't been socialized. In fact for 14 years she was told to kill on sight another person. To put it bluntly if you expect a person raised like that to be "normal" then you are expecting a terribly incongruous characterization that makes no sense.

Look... This is low key sci fi, but it is sci fi. Willful obtuseness is one of the dumbest things about the modern world. It's not a good look for anyone.

Last edited:
A genetically altered supersoldier certainly adds a layer of context to things. I saw the movie Crawlspace and liked that quite well...

What the hell are you talking about? Make up? She meets other teens in the show and a big difference is the contrast between her aesthetics having grown up without things like make up in the woods and teens raised in civilization. Whatever make up used on the actress is incredibly subtle because she isn't supposed to look like a modern teenaged girl. She was raised away from the cultural influences of most teens in the Western world something actually that the show points out again and again.

Once more... What part of the show about genetically altered super soldiers keeps going over people's heads? One trained harshly by a special forces type operative? Because of her inherent abilities she has various heightened skills and those have been honed to a razors edge by her father. These are also the reasons for her taciturn nature having not been raised around people so she hasn't been socialized. In fact for 14 years she was told to kill on sight another person. To put it bluntly if you expect a person raised like that to be "normal" then you are expecting a terribly incongruous characterization that makes no sense.

Look... This is low key sci fi, but it is sci fi. Willful obtuseness is one of the dumbest things about the modern world. It's not a good look for anyone.

I had seen the Anna trailer like a day before and came across this thread saying Hanna so mistook the two. Here's the trailer for Anna:

Anyway, a lot of films starring female action leads I've seen come off as one note as does ones with male leads as well.
Atomic Blonde is one female led movie where Charlize Theron portrays a character whose one can believe as a stone cold killer whether even if not totally believable so that's a plus. Looking good while dealing out serious casualties is nothing new as far as hollywood action films are concerned.

Ok, now about Hanna!

As now kind of obligated to check this property out on first impression the TV series trailers posted on previous pg. interest me far more than this move trailer and in fact the movie trailer makes me wonder how a TV series was made on the character in the first place:

The kid on the television series just seems to come off as more likeable I don't know if anyone else would agree here? In comparison, the kid on the movie seemed like a bit of a problem child snapping that lady's neck that way after pretending to cry and need comfort then sliding out after shooting a bunch of guards. I don't know... Not my cup of tea.

It has garnered a following to support a TV series though so succeeded in some manner.

Last edited:
Ok, now about Hanna!

As now kind of obligated to check this property out on first impression the TV series trailers posted on previous pg. interest me far more than this move trailer and in fact the movie trailer makes me wonder how a TV series was made on the character in the first place:

The kid on the television series just seems to come off as more likeable I don't know if anyone else would agree here? In comparison, the kid on the movie seemed like a bit of a problem child snapping that lady's neck that way after pretending to cry and need comfort then sliding out after shooting a bunch of guards. I don't know... Not my cup of tea.

It has garnered a following to support a TV series though so succeeded in some manner.

The kid in the show does the same thing only sub in stabbing for neck breaking. So... How does that reflect differently on the two portrayals exactly?

The kid in the show does the same thing only sub in stabbing for neck breaking. So... How does that reflect differently on the two portrayals exactly?

I wanted to bring things back on topic after initially thinking it was a different property but those are my impressions after reading up on this property and viewing the trailers for both. Context is everything so I'll have to see it to really comment specifically but the fact that it was spun into a TV series makes me wonder what it had to offer compared to the movie as I didn't really like the movie trailer.

That scene she was pretending to cry and the lady was trying to comfort her and she lured her in to kill her methodically when perhaps could've escaped earlier the scene seemed to project. As far as stabbing goes, I think the act in and of itself (the type of knife, frequency, motion, placement are all factors to consider of course along with intent defensive or not) can be less brutal than cranking someones neck to break it. I think trying to break someone's neck is less quick and efficient generally speaking than slashing at someone but of course in the movies it's always super deft and quick and instant death as well. 100% probable no complications or paralysis afterwards I highly doubt it.

Up to Episode 6 so far! Really enjoying it for the most part!

I wanted to bring things back on topic after initially thinking it was a different property but those are my impressions after reading up on this property and viewing the trailers for both. Context is everything so I'll have to see it to really comment specifically but the fact that it was spun into a TV series makes me wonder what it had to offer compared to the movie as I didn't really like the movie trailer.

That scene she was pretending to cry and the lady was trying to comfort her and she lured her in to kill her methodically when perhaps could've escaped earlier the scene seemed to project. As far as stabbing goes, I think the act in and of itself (the type of knife, frequency, motion, placement are all factors to consider of course along with intent defensive or not) can be less brutal than cranking someones neck to break it. I think trying to break someone's neck is less quick and efficient generally speaking than slashing at someone but of course in the movies it's always super deft and quick and instant death as well. 100% probable no complications or paralysis afterwards I highly doubt it.

You didn't in any way comment on how one act is more "brattish" than the other. They both acted in a ruthless and cold manner to killing a person but you stated one came off like a "problem child" in the scenario and the other didn't. Yet... Both do essentially the same thing.

You didn't in any way comment on how one act is more "brattish" than the other. They both acted in a ruthless and cold manner to killing a person but you stated one came off like a "problem child" in the scenario and the other didn't. Yet... Both do essentially the same thing.

I said:
"...those are my impressions after reading up on this property and viewing the trailers for both. Context is everything so I'll have to see it to really comment specifically but the fact that it was spun into a TV series makes me wonder what it had to offer compared to the movie as I didn't really like the movie trailer.".

Therefore, I was wondering if she's more likeable in the TV series to bother watching it as opposed to 1 being a brat and 1 not being a brat.

That scene in the trailer made her come across as a bit of a "problem child" not so much a brat but a little monster. The type you leave alone and then open the door and something preposterously disturbing find when come back. I can only reply to your description of neck cranking compared to stabbing in general at the moment.

Last edited:
‘Hanna’: Dermot Mulroney, Anthony Welsh Among Five Cast For Season 2 Of Amazon Series – Deadline

Dermot Mulroney (Homecoming, My Best Friend’s Wedding), Anthony Welsh (Fleabag, Black Mirror), Severine Howell-Meri (Doctors, Casualty), Cherelle Skeete (Ordinary Lies, Call the Midwife), and newcomer Gianna Kiehl have joined the season 2 cast of Amazon’s Hanna, from NBCUniversal International Studios, Amazon Studios and Working Title Television. They join Esmé Creed-Miles, who returns for the second season in the title role of Hanna along with Mireille Enos, who reprises her role as CIA operative Marissa Wiegler. Filming for Season 2 is underway in the UK and France

Been enjoying S2, I'm glad they gave given Mireille Enos more to do with her character this season.

I enjoyed the second season overall quite a bit, but I did think it was somewhat of a step down from the first season, although this season did move at a much better pace IMO. They also set up some really interesting stuff for S3 though which is enough to keep my interest in this show for another season.

The actress that plays Hanna is the daughter of Samantha Morton and Charlie Creed Miles.

Morton was recently Alpha in The Walking Dead and Creed-Miles was Weeb Abbot in BBC/Netflix show Giri/Haji aka Duty/Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"