The Dark Knight Rises Harley Quinn Manips

crap she looks average, she doesn't have anything in common with Harley Quin from the comics ...she must be a girl with a big smile not a ugly average biatch.:whatever:

well Harley Quinn looks very young in comics too, look at her

gfsgfdad5.jpg

Its a comic man! Unless you can tell me how a 18-21 year old girl can be a top pscho doctor entrusted with the care of the worlds most dangerous psychopath? In Nolan's world she would have to be in her thirties at least.

well Harley Quinn looks very young in comics too, look at her

gfsgfdad5.jpg
1. Its a cartoon drawing
2. Do you really think someone that young would already be a psychiatrist in training? I doubt it.

There are dozens of actresses who resemble the characteristics of Harley from the comics, Naomi Watts isn't part of them. And yes the physical appearence and facial features count like 98 % in the performance of a movie. Replace Ledger with Tom Cruise or Christian Bale with Mel Gibson and you'll only get a pathethic performance. You can't pick randomly people just because they are good actors, they must match with the role they are playing.
Wow, you are so ****ing wrong! Acting is WAY more important that look by a long shot. So is characterization.

Obviously they need to RESEMBLE the character in some way, but acting is the number 1 priority.

Seriously, would you rather have someone who looks alot like the character but cant act for **** and would give a lousy performance

OR

Someone who resembles the character a little less, but have the acting down packed and would give a really good performance?

I choose B and so will basically everyone know know that acting is more important than looks.

Wow, you are so ****ing wrong! Acting is WAY more important that look by a long shot. So is characterization.

Obviously they need to RESEMBLE the character in some way, but acting is the number 1 priority.

Seriously, would you rather have someone who looks alot like the character but cant act for **** and would give a lousy performance

OR

Someone who resembles the character a little less, but have the acting down packed and would give a really good performance?

I choose B and so will basically everyone know know that acting is more important than looks.

the quality of an acting performance is given by the facial expressions and by the fact how an actor can get in the skin of the character. Is George Clooney a weak actor ? Did you liked him as Batman ? He was just not fit for that role...

And what does that have to do with looking EXACTLY like the character? Nothing, thats what.

Just cuz you dont look exactly like the source material doesnt mean you cant pull off an amazing performance.

Bale doesnt look like the Bruce from the comics
Heath didnt look like the Joker for the comics
Nor did Caine as Alfred...

But they all gave good performances and did the roles justice.

they don't look exactly like two drops of water but they resamble perfectly the characters from the comics, be sure that they were chosen by this criteria first.

Bale sober look exactly like Bruce
Heath big smile exactly like Joker
Caine has exactly the same appearance and personality as Alfred

this is the main reason why The Dark Knight was so good compared to other older ones, like Batman and Robin for ex., the actors were chosen beautifull, too bad that Heath is no longer with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a comic man! Unless you can tell me how a 18-21 year old girl can be a top pscho doctor entrusted with the care of the worlds most dangerous psychopath? In Nolan's world she would have to be in her thirties at least.
What, psychiatrists can't be in their 20s? There's no strict age limit for that. She analyzes him, and she could be exceptional in her field. What's stopping Harleen from getting a shot studying Joker?

The youthful essence is integral to the character, there is absolutely no reason to alter that especially when it's plausible.

What, psychiatrists can't be in their 20s? There's no strict age limit for that. She analyzes him, and she could be exceptional in her field. What's stopping Harleen from getting a shot studying Joker?

The youthful essence is integral to the character, there is absolutely no reason to alter that especially when it's plausible.

Women in their 30's cant have a youthful girlish essence? Anyway there is no point in arguing over late 20's -30's lol.

I forget who did this (it's not mine) But I thought it was excellent

9e5902da.jpg

Women in their 30's cant have a youthful girlish essence?
They can, but they won't look young, which is another essential trait of Harley. It comes with the character, the fact that Joker twisted a young mind that had so much potential. Doesn't have the same 'oomph' to it if she's already an established, grown woman.

Well I am going thru in this, besides is a MANIP thread. I think Harleen must be young to match Joker´s age in the films, maybe 25 to be younger than he is, but no more than 28. Still there must be some kind of professional degree in order to be Joker´s psychiatrist. She should be capable in the area, and then the manipulation and ultimately falling in love with him would be more powerful.

the majority of choices here give me hives :o

and on the subject of harley's age: i would never in a million years believe a woman who just passed legal drinking age to be working at an asylum. even if she were around the age of 30, she can still possess a "young spirit". hell, i'll be 26 in a few days and i look pretty damn good in my harley costume.
but i think that's the insanity of harleen. one minute, she's a stand up, mature doctor with a clear head on her shoulders and the next, something inside her was dug up by J.

i'm just curious to why everyone thinks harley has to be in her 20's? not saying she has to be some old bat, but c'mon.

The only people that should be providing the 'why', are the people proposing the change. As far as arguments go, "20s is too young to be a psychiatrist" is just false. If you want to tone it down, she could be an 'intern' or something akin to just below a full-time professional position.

There are a myriad of ways in retaining this aspect of the character. Which is important.

The only people that should be providing the 'why', are the people proposing the change. As far as arguments go, "20s is too young to be a psychiatrist" is just false. If you want to tone it down, she could be an 'intern' or something akin to just below a full-time professional position.

There are a myriad of ways in retaining this aspect of the character. Which is important.

thank you! agreed!

though i like the idea of after a good amount of time after hearing the joker's stories of how he became what became and his theories of life... she becomes obsessive with him, so intrigued that she wants to be in his shoes, in his life... that one day something snaps.
i just like the idea of her being a doctor, other than some part timer. plus, i highly doubt a part timer would ever have access to someone like the joker.

Well you could always go back to the basics and provide a "Mad Loveresque" origin for Harley, in which she won a gimnastic scholarship, then cheating in order to get his psychiatry title. Then working in Arkham trying to get some of the glamour of analyzing extreme minds,and ultimately falling in love with the Joker.

Still I think it would work better if she has a professional degree, earned by the book, but mantaining her love for Mr. J.

And if some Moderator is reading this, could move all of our discussion posts into the Harley Quinn discussion thead?

just have her shadowing a doctor during some degree placement. She is promising and gifted but easily manipulated.

no real biggie.

i think 25 would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"