The Dark Knight Instead of killing Rachel, make her BECOME Harley Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capt Throbberson said:
Superman's not in the movie, the whole thing with Batman Begins is that made a man in a batsuit fighting crime make sense .

http://www.persecution.com/images/newsimages/GirlAcid2.JPG

Acid to the face is survivable. We don't even know if the Joker is going to have that orgin in TDK. I'll give you an evil plant lady, but that's about it.

You said it does nothing to the character, it does. Rachel was Bruce's friend all her life, and was the one who gave Bruce a lecture on why killing and revenge is wrong, now all of a sudden she's with the Joker? How would that work? Mind control? That completely changes around BOTH characters. Isn't the whole thing about Harley ang the Joker is that she isn't under any kind of "mind control" and sticks with the joker no matter how much he treats her like crap.

I see the character of Harley more as a testimate to just how twisted and sick and manipulating the Joker is more than anything else. If the Joker could some how manipulate the idealistic Assnt. District Attorney Dawes, that show that even more than manipulating an Arkham intern.

I kinda liked the idea at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it would suck.

Though she could go "Mister J! Mister J! I know who the bats is!" and joker could say something like "Harlypoo I've known for years now."

Oh wait, this isn't the comics, nvm. Scrap the idea.

Templefugit, I don't know if I could support your idea or not, it would depend how it was all put together, but I commend you on bringing a fresh idea into the open. Very bold indeed. That's definitely outside of the box.

7Hells said:
I dont think the Dawes character would choose to leave Gotham, she is too emotionally invested in the city.
until Tom Cruise makes a cameo and pays someone else to knock her up.
bwaaahahaahaha!

Tom won't mind this role for his beloved because its squeaky clean.
No going underthecovers with Batman and even the kiss is so Disneylike.
Remember part of the conspiracy theories was that Tom asked TPTB to removed Katie's sex scenes with Aaron Eckhart on "Thank you for Smoking" at the Cannes Festival premiere.

This was among among the main reasons it skyrocketed the Indie film because of the missing sex scenes and the public demanded for it.

StorminNorman said:
Neither does a man in a bat suit flying around Gotham, or a man surviving a dunk in acid and emerging with white skin and green hair, or a man surviving an acid attack to the head, or a evil plant lady, or an alien who turns out to be an All American boy scout, or....

Joker didn't fall in acid. Why does everyone always say it's acid? It was most likely some kind of bleach, along with various other things like dyes and whatnot.

And as for Harvey, what's so unbelievable about a guy surviving acid to the face? People have been scarred by acid before and survived, it's not unheard of in the least bit.

And neither Poison Ivy nor Superman were in Batman Begins, nor are they being rumored for its sequels.

It would just be riduclous to believe that this perfectly well-adjusted woman we saw in Begins would become Joker's henchwoman, no matter how manipulative he is. It's far too big of a stretch.

*yawn...stretch* I guess Nolan is actually Joel Schumacher in disguise.

Katsuro said:
It would just be riduclous to believe that this perfectly well-adjusted woman we saw in Begins would become Joker's henchwoman, no matter how manipulative he is. It's far too big of a stretch.

But in a way, that is exactly what happens to Harleen Quinzelle.

StorminNorman said:
But in a way, that is exactly what happens to Harleen Quinzelle.
Harley hardly had the moral convictions and intelligence Rachel does.

CConn said:
Harley hardly had the moral convictions and intelligence Rachel does.

The Moral Convictions? Yes. The Intelligence? I always saw Harley as an intelligent girl - after all she was a psycologist (a PhD by the time she was an intern, no?) I am not at all in favor of this idea - in fact far from it - however I believe that if it is written well it wouldn't ruin the character at all.

StorminNorman said:
The Moral Convictions? Yes. The Intelligence? I always saw Harley as an intelligent girl - after all she was a psycologist (a PhD by the time she was an intern, no?) I am not at all in favor of this idea - in fact far from it - however I believe that if it is written well it wouldn't ruin the character at all.
Mad Love portrayed Harley as cheating her way through college on sexual favors, actually. :o

CConn said:
Mad Love portrayed Harley as cheating her way through college on sexual favors, actually. :o

I did not know that - in that case I love Harley even more :)

They forgot to mention that in the Animated Series.

CConn said:
....or
Quinn's DC Universe comic book origin, revealed in Batman: Harley Quinn (October 1999), is largely an adaptation of her animated origin from the Batman Adventures: Mad Love graphic novel.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric intern at Arkham Asylum. Extremely intelligent, she received high grades in high school and college, and graduated with honors in psychiatry.

Was Mad Love considered canon?

7Hells said:
....or

Was Mad Love considered canon?
Oh, that is interesting.

No, Mad Love isn't in Continuity. Although, IMO, something on Harley written by Timm and Dini trumps Continuity, but that's semantical. :o

If you're going to that way portray Harley as having a very strong intellect, I think you'd most have to show at least some submissive and/or obsessive tendencies in her. Rachel really has none.

Its been said many times and many ways this is just Batimpossible because of her long history with Batman and she knows everything about him, well except in the biblical sense.

Who says Dawes and Wayne havent had sex?
Id guess they were each others first.

Why is this thread still alive? Isn't it universally agreed that this is the worst idea in this board's history since Joker carving his own smile?

didn't the topic creator even say he was joking, or was that just a pathetic attempt at keeping some amount of dignity?

Also, Bruce and Rachel totally boinked. There was a good 15 years or so in between his parents death and him leaving Gotham.

He was away at school though. :o

Although, I'm sure there were holliday breaks. :o

Although I dunno why Rachel would like Young Bruce. He was such a *****. :o

Absolutely not. Don't insult one of the best supporting characters in comics by altering her origin.

Wow I didnt think about Brucie doing Rachel because it seemed like the end was their first kiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"