• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Has it been confirmed that Marvel's Avengers will be SHOT WITH 3D TECHNOLOGY?

I ended up seeing both Thor and Cap a second time though in 2D. I didn't like how either of them worked in 3D.

To me 3-D in any form is a waste. 2-D all the way for me and since I live in a densely populated area we have mucho screens/theaters available so finding a 2-D showing nearby is always easy. Even with Avatar the 3-D did nothing for me. It's a gimmick and one that is easily ignored. The only problem with 3-D is having to go on the internet and hear a bunch of moaning by people who should know better than to waste their $ on 3-D in the first place.

I agree. Post converted 3D just looks so meh.
There can be good post converted 3D, just look at what Cameron is dong with 3D. If I am not mistaken it will take him 8 months to post convert it. On the otherhand you have CotT with sub 3 months conversion.

I saw Avatar in 3D and loved it. Watched Tron: Legacy at home on Blu-Ray and wished like hell I saw it in 3D IMAX. I have never seen anything converted in post, and I never will. Should save me the regret of time and money and save the internet from one more person whining.

Overall, 3D is a bonus. The movie experience I value comes from the quality of the movie and the people in the theater around me.

Well I don't care what anyone says. I love 3D and my home setup is 3D and I wouldn't have it any other way. Is there bad 3D? Absolutely, but overall I have been pleased with the content so far. I have just as much right to love it, just like the haters hate it.

All 3D is waste of time IMO - Avatar was no better for it. I'm amazed the trailer actually highlights the fact that it's still an option given how indifferent N.America is to it.

Doesn't matter if people are "indifferent" - as long as 3D is profitable, movies will be made in 3D.

The post credit scene in Thor is actually from Avengers, and was filmed by Whedon in 3D. This was confirmed because Skarsgard was complaining about it (the camera looks very funky because there are two lenses and the actor has to face between them).

Considering the fact that shooting in 2D allows more malleable shooting (getting in smaller spaces, shooting action according to some directors like Joe Johnston), I'd honestly rather them do that then shoot in hefty 3D equipment and have to adapt & compromise some of the movie's shots for it, when the format is just not that important to people.

But then, I know some people have theaters that don't allow a 2D option, so yeah that part sucks. But still, I just- I dunno.

According to IMDB (it's not a sure thing but it'll probably pan out), they're using the Arri Alexa digital camera to shoot in dual-strip 3D.

And they have a stereographer from Avatar and the other post-converted Marvel films like Thor and Captain America.

Oh goody! That means Loki will be jumping right out of the movie screen at me. lol :woot:

-_-

If they couldn't go all out for The Avengers, 3D wise, they shouldn't have used it.

If it's shot in 3D i will see it in 3D. If it's post converted i will see it in 2D.
:dry: :whatever:

Don't let past attempts at post conversion fool you.

Post conversion 3D films have been fooling a lot of people with 3D work that looks so good, people would think it was shot in 3D.

It's not as big of a gap in quality anymore as people think. The post conversion technology was still in its early stages back in 2009-2010. So far, I haven't been disappointed in any of the post converted 3D films that have been released this year and I don't think it should be a deal breaker anymore.

Post conversion 3D deserves a second chance, IMO.

Another converted marvel film, can't say I'm surprised. So far it's given their second tier character films a slight financial boost.

2D for me,, I don't like movies in 3D anyway, althought I have to admitt I saw Final Destination 5 in 3D, and it was pretty cool!..,

2D for me

Having seen the last few trailers in recent weeks, I've decided that I won't be watching the Avengers in 3D. I didn't like the 3D for Thor's and Cap's movies. My 2 cents, no more, no less.

I think alot of those shots would look pretty awesome in 3d. The debris flying across the streets as Ironman flies through the city battling the invaders. Hulk smashing through the walls and the scene of him running behind widow. Cap skydiving looks like it was designed FOR 3d. Thor throwing his hammer at the screen in the after credits teaser. Hawkeye jumping off the building. All those shots look like they'd look AMAZING in 3d.

I think alot of those shots would look pretty awesome in 3d. The debris flying across the streets as Ironman flies through the city battling the invaders. Hulk smashing through the walls and the scene of him running behind widow. Cap skydiving looks like it was designed FOR 3d. Thor throwing his hammer at the screen in the after credits teaser. Hawkeye jumping off the building. All those shots look like they'd look AMAZING in 3d.
plus...every scene with IM flying would look incredible! I will be seeing it both ways. First, 3D because thats how they will show it in my local imax theaters...and them ill go see it 2-3 more times in 2D! ;)

Unfortunately for the 3D haters, the OS markets are craving for it, they are the ones that seem to be saving movies from domestic box office failure, so it looks like the studios are caving in to what the os crowds want, and that's what they are going to get.

My mom loves the 3D, so we'll probably see the movie in 3D. I could care less either way. 3D would give me a reason to buy those snazzy looking Hulk glasses.

Personally, I love 3D. The real world is in 3D, and I want my movies to be the same. The technology is improving, too. I'll certainly be going to multiple 3D showings for Avengers.

Just imagine in maybe 10 years we have fully realised holographic movies. That's the future of 3D.

That's an awesome thought. :D But I doubt that the tech in normal movie theaters would be moving as fast. There'd probably be a scant few holo-plexes in the big cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"