Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader

OtherwiseKnownAs

We live inside a dream (he/him/his)
Reaction score
Discuss what your hopes, fears, wants, and expectations are for Hayden’s return as Vader.

Let hope we no talk Sand and grainy ruff texture

Yeah, plus it’s coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere

haha ya indeed!!

In all honest, I real hope he show same acting like Shatter Glass. He act good in general but no room in Prequel and bad input from Lucas. I think he can do well here but I know no how they do voice? Will Jame Pearls James do voice again?

haha ya indeed!!

In all honest, I real hope he show same acting like Shatter Glass. He act good in general but no room in Prequel and bad input from Lucas. I think he can do well here but I know no how they do voice? Will Jame Pearls James do voice again?
I definitely think they’re gonna need the vocal talents of Jame Pearls James if they plan on utilizing Vader in this show

I hope he continues the trend from Rogue One of Darth Vader being the kind of passive aggressive contempt, at least when he's not displaying active aggressive contempt instead. *ahem*

So James Earl Jones is attached to this as Vader's voice right?!

Not confirmed yet as far as I'm aware of.

I didn't like his character from the prequels. He was better written in the Clone Wars. Maybe he will be better since George isn't writing his dialogue. I just hope he still isn't emo, I am getting a bad feeling he will be Kylo Ren level emo. Just moping over Padme. He is overtaken by the dark side he should act accordingly. There is a fine line hope they don't go too far. It would be a shame for Hayden to come back to more bad material.

Maybe it's best to wait until footage of him comes around before we start throwing around preemptive criticism?

FNfzqviVIAM2Fpy

Lord Vader, here comes the Imperial March

Last edited:
What was the last part from the animated hallway scene with Vader vs Rebels?

Some great Hayden/Vader tidbits in this article: Inside the 17-year journey to bring 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' to the screen

"When he first came on set for us, it definitely had a very special feeling. The first time I saw him in costume, he was towering over me. He was literally almost twice my size!" Chow says of Christensen. "It's really intense to have such an iconic character, and then to be directing him and doing new scenes with him…. I do remember poor Ewan on that day being like, 'What am I, chopped liver?'"

I thought he had to keep the mask on to live. Unless you mean in some other way we see him maskless like a dream or memory.

I thought he had to keep the mask on to live. Unless you mean in some other way we see him maskless like a dream or memory.
The Dark Side uses the Force to sustain and strengthen itself in this realm, while the Light Side uses the Force to move on to the next. Not that it’s exactly about life and death and strength, more like about sailing with the wind versus powering headlong against it. Vader can use the Dark Side to deny his own imminent death without the machines, but Anakin chose differently at the end.

Do you guys think it will top the ROTS Obi Wan vs Anakin duel? That one got a little dragged out, but the actual lightsaber choreography was insane. Or do you think they go for a more sequel type duel where it's more brutal strikes.

The Dark Side uses the Force to sustain and strengthen itself in this realm, while the Light Side uses the Force to move on to the next. Not that it’s exactly about life and death and strength, more like about sailing with the wind versus powering headlong against it. Vader can use the Dark Side to deny his own imminent death without the machines, but Anakin chose differently at the end.
ah, gotcha.

Do you guys think it will top the ROTS Obi Wan vs Anakin duel? That one got a little dragged out, but the actual lightsaber choreography was insane. Or do you think they go for a more sequel type duel where it's more brutal strikes.
I didn't like how they roamed all over place. If they stay in one spot it could be interesting. But really this Kenobi is not a Jedi, so the fight will be pathetic.

ah, gotcha.

I didn't like how they roamed all over place. If they stay in one spot it could be interesting. But really this Kenobi is not a Jedi, so the fight will be pathetic.

McGregor called it "The Rematch of The Century" so no, it won't be pathetic. He's still 100% a Jedi, just one that has to reawaken his powers. He is now facing a VERY powerful and seasoned Sith in Vader so it has the potential to be a better fight than the ROTS fight.

Also, Obi-Wan is conflicted here. In ROTS he wanted to kill Anakin. Here he'll try to convince him to walk away from the Empire and flee with him. So he's not trying to kill him but rather survive him.

McGregor called it "The Rematch of The Century" so no, it won't be pathetic. He's still 100% a Jedi, just one that has to reawaken his powers. He is now facing a VERY powerful and seasoned Sith in Vader so it has the potential to be a better fight than the ROTS fight.

Also, Obi-Wan is conflicted here. In ROTS he wanted to kill Anakin. Here he'll try to convince him to walk away from the Empire and flee with him. So he's not trying to kill him but rather survive him.

To really shock sense into Anakin, Obi-Wan could lead him to Padme’s tomb on Naboo for the confrontation. And then it would all go wrong with Vader trashing the place.

A newly-filmed flashback scene starring Natalie would complete the set of Amidala-Skywalker family appearances in this series. Not an entirely unrealistic hope, I think, given the other actors and characters we’ve seen.

He can fight without the mask but must always keep the mouth piece on. It'll look frightening either way. Basically Obi-Wan vs a Cenobite wielding a lightsaber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"