Sequels Hela

Brian Braddock

R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
So, anyone wonder if Hela's going to pay a visit to the Thor movieverse anytime soon?

If so, who should play her?

A few years ago, I freely admit to thinking that Nicole Kidman wouldve been great in the role but now I'll concede that someone younger needs to be considered.

In addition to that youth [and talent, obviously] should the actress chosen be beautiful like, say, Charlize Theron or Eva Green [I've always personally seen Hela as being that way, alluring yet obviousy with a killer/icy disposition that would send a person's Spider-sense tingling like mad] or should she just be played by an actress like Tilda Swinton who is not known for their looks but has the perfect demeanour and cheekbones for the role?

Oh, yeah - cheekbones. Forgot to mention. Very important for me. I've always saw Hela as having killer cheekbones [dont ask me why because I honestly couldnt tells ya :huh:].

939456-hela_super.jpg

Last edited:
Tilda Swinton because she is the most imposing and cadaverous out of all the actresses you mentioned. IMHO movieverse Hela should not be 'sexy', as least not in the conventional sense like Amora. She should also have all the gravitas of death incarnate, her very presence unsettling in the extreme.

Man, I ****ing love Kate Blanchett. Terrific actress.

Would be a real coup if the could get her onboard.

So, anyone wonder if Hela's going to pay a visit to the Thor movieverse anytime soon?

If so, who should play her?

A few years ago, I freely admit to thinking that Nicole Kidman wouldve been great in the role but now I'll concede that someone younger needs to be considered.

In addition to that youth [and talent, obviously] should the actress chosen be beautiful like, say, Charlize Theron or Eva Green [I've always personally seen Hela as being that way, alluring yet obviousy with a killer/icy disposition that would send a person's Spider-sense tingling like mad] or should she just be played by an actress like Tilda Swinton who is not known for their looks but has the perfect demeanour and cheekbones for the role?

Oh, yeah - cheekbones. Forgot to mention. Very important for me. I've always saw Hela as having killer cheekbones [dont ask me why because I honestly couldnt tells ya :huh:].
eva green as hela

Man, I ****ing love Kate Blanchett. Terrific actress.

Would be a real coup if the could get her onboard.

She played Galadriel in LOTR and that wasn't even that big of a part..I think she'd be down playing a bad-ass ruler of Hel.

I wonder if they would keep the lineage of Hela being Loki's daughter intact in a film.

^ I think Hela being Loki's daughter is alot more certain that Sif being Heimdal's sister, because it's alot more inherent to her character and plays a role in many Thor stories.

If we're keeping the whole Loki's daughter angle, does the actress have to at least look younger than Tom? Or is that the kind of thing that can a) be covered with make-up/costuming/lighting or b) somehow used as a visual plus for the character?

Cate Blanchett would be amazing but I'd prefer seeing a younger actress for the role, maybe Eva Green!

I'd prefer Eva Green as Hela

Eva-Green-For-St.-Patricks-Day-13.jpg

(Pic borrowed from a post from catgirl18)

If we're keeping the whole Loki's daughter angle, does the actress have to at least look younger than Tom? Or is that the kind of thing that can a) be covered with make-up/costuming/lighting or b) somehow used as a visual plus for the character?

They can look the same age, because she's an adult and Loki hasn't visibly aged beyond adulthood.

I would prefer Helena Bonham Carter personally. There's no better character in the Marvel U for her, she's perfect.

I would prefer Helena Bonham Carter personally. There's no better character in the Marvel U for her, she's perfect.

*looks her up on Google*

Edit: Woah, she's like 45 which is 14 years older than the actress that plays Hela's dad.

Helena Bohnam Carter would be pretty good. Never thought of her before, but she does play cooky roles, and this would fit roles.

She is still #2 to me but would be solid nonetheless.

I can support Eva Green for Hela.

If we're wanting her young I'll also throw Emmy Rossum in there.

Hmmm, that weird moment when you come across an interesting looking thread and are about to post before realising that you're actually the thread starter. :O

Anyways, was about to say that I'd prefer to see Theron in the role.

hopefully they'll get someone who's sexy in a form fitting outfit.. are there beaches in hel?

Bumping this after a year, to once again say Eva Green.

Funny...and interesting altogether now that most of us have seen Ragnarok.

Glad to say this...I'm still excitedly grateful Cate is Hela. She was amazing. I hope we haven't seen the last of her.

Eva Green would have been good too ... though she was very close in line next to Cate for my pick.

I don't think we'll see Lady Death but I certainly won't rule out on her as Amora the Enchantress if it ever happens one of these days.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cate nailed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"