Sequels How can Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch fit into the movieverse?

Iceburgeruk

Civilian
Reaction score
The problem is they have setup in the x-men movies that essentially there are ONLY two sides in the mutant debate. Especially in x-3 it seems to be you are either with Magneto or with Xavier.

SO......

If wanda and pietro are a part of magneto`s backstory in the movie verse then...

They would have either been shown as being in the brotherhood during the first three movies or at the x-mansion. Because as the series progressed it stressed more and more that nearly all the mutants seemed to be divided between xavier and magneto. So pietro and wanda should have been present with the x-men or the brotherhood.

With that in mind the chances of them being in the prequel are not promising.

Also additionally in the same way that xavier doesn`t seem to recognize juggernaut as his step brother in x-3. Magneto doesn`t seem to link callisto`s super speed ability to any prior recollection. Surely he should have had a flash of recognition at seeing his presumably estranged son`s super power.

Like i said not good for quicksilver/scarlet witch fans like me.

There were never any indications that EVERY mutant was either with Xavier or Magneto. In fact, Xavier's Cerebro scene from X2 showed that there were tons of mutants all over the world - way more than just the X-Men and Brotherhood. Pietro and Wanda could have been basically anywhere else in the world during X1-X3, and their absence could be explained any number of ways. They didn't know who their real father was/became, they were in hiding, they had a falling out with Magneto, etc.

As for Magneto not recognizing Callisto's powers, that doens't really make a lot of sense. There are probably countless mutants with super-speed, Magneto wouldn't necessarily think "Oh, that's like Pietro!" every time he saw someone run fast.

They still might now be in the movie, but nothing you've posted would really exclude them. I'm hoping they're in the movie too, so here's hoping.

well i thought bout the juggernaut thing and thought tht culd be fixed easily, basically all thts happening with jean ,xavier wouldnt be thinkin oh look theres my step brother, and it could just be like they hate each other so much they dont wanna look or talk to each otha sorta like a fued thing. lame but it will do imo

and the quicksilver and scarlet witch thing they could of been with magneto but left his brootherhood because they changed thier minds about the way thier father deals with the mutant vs human issue so they deserted him and didnt want anything to do with thier fathers battles with xavier so they stayed out of it. they could also make it tht pietro and wanda left magnetos brother hood shortly b4 x-1

jim_root_rules said:
well i thought bout the juggernaut thing and thought tht culd be fixed easily, basically all thts happening with jean ,xavier wouldnt be thinkin oh look theres my step brother, and it could just be like they hate each other so much they dont wanna look or talk to each otha sorta like a fued thing. lame but it will do imo

I agree. I would have preferred though if they had simply had this:

Xavier wheels past and turns slightly.

Xavier: Kain.
Juggernaut: Charles.

Thats all they needed to do. Just to show the two characters know each other.

jim_root_rules said:
and the quicksilver and scarlet witch thing they could of been with magneto but left his brootherhood because they changed thier minds about the way thier father deals with the mutant vs human issue so they deserted him and didnt want anything to do with thier fathers battles with xavier so they stayed out of it. they could also make it tht pietro and wanda left magnetos brother hood shortly b4 x-1

After thinking about it I think it would be very interesting and unexpected if they changed the events and had that when magento turned on xavier`s ideals, pietro and wanda had actually stayed with xavier. They then leave the mansion at some point and take up residence somewhere else which xavier has connections with like muir isle or something.

I still think it will be a tricky writing task to put them into the films in the same way that sabretooth not knowing wolverine and juggernaut not knowing charles might be tricky plot problems fro future x-men films.

Iceburgeruk said:
I agree. I would have preferred though if they had simply had this:

Xavier wheels past and turns slightly.

Xavier: Kain.
Juggernaut: Charles.

Thats all they needed to do. Just to show the two characters know each other.
they should of done that, i mean it wouldnt even of taken up more time than 5seconds xavier wouldnt even need to stop moving

Iceburgeruk said:
After thinking about it I think it would be very interesting and unexpected if they changed the events and had that when magento turned on xavier`s ideals, pietro and wanda had actually stayed with xavier. They then leave the mansion at some point and take up residence somewhere else which xavier has connections with like muir isle or something.
i think that would be a good idea to put in the film, but i think its important to show that they stuck with their father even if it was only for a short time then they went to live with xavier then left to go somewere else.

Iceburgeruk said:
I still think it will be a tricky writing task to put them into the films in the same way that sabretooth not knowing wolverine and juggernaut not knowing charles might be tricky plot problems fro future x-men films.
the way i see the sabretooth thing is that he seemed to know there was somthing about wolverine specially cos he took his dogtags, even tho he didn't say it he reconised the tags at least. they should of made it more obvious tho. and the fact he didnt seem to tottaly reconise him could of bin cos of the same memory wipe logan had

Perhaps it could involve Pietro and Wanda as young children before their powers develop, but Magneto gives them away as he feels his battle for mutant supremacy is more important.

i dont think magneto knew about his children, cos his wife ran away wen she was pregnant. i cnt remeber how he found out bout them :confused:

I know of a story where Wanda and Pietro know about Erik, but Erik doesn't know he has children, and it's set in the movieverse, it works.

Well im gonna guess and say that depending on the writer of the film that they'll either be in it or not be in it.

They can easily be in this Magneto spin-off. All you need toward the end of this movie is Xavier and Mags fighting at first and Mags does something horrible and so does Xavier and in the end Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch just say something like, "You two deserve each other." Then walk away from the both of them.

i'm thinking it could be like episode III, magneto's wife leaves him while she's pregnant because his hatred for humans is starting to scare her or something. then the movie could end with them being born unbeknownst to him in europe (of course that's assuming they're twins, which i'm not sure is true or not). that means they could potentially show up in x4 (if it makes sense in the story) after been kept in hiding from him all those years

I like the idea of quicksilver and scarlet witch being the children of magneto. But in the preequal, for them to be in the movie, doubt it. Unless they weren't his children, i don't think their gonna be in the movie.

In my idea they could be students who originally went to Xaviers and when magneto schismed from the school they followed. And then they would die.

Anne Hathaway for Wanda. And they could've fit easily into X3, since the government was looking for Magneto... What better way to round up his kids? Oops, nevermind that they end up being broken out of custody and join the Brotherhood, and then we'd have no need for Movie!Callisto's stolen powers, and Wanda could take up Arclight's spot and demolish those cure guns at Alcatraz with her chaos power...

My little storyline idea is that Erik meets and falls in love with Magda in the concentration camp. As Nazis are about to rape and/or kill her, Mags discovers the true power of his abilities. He then opens a can of whoopass on the nazis and tries to set the prisoners free but they'd rather stay cuz he terrifies all but Magda. And so the romance blossoms. She convinces him to hide his powers because the world wouldn't know what to make of them. They get married and have the twins. Before those two develop their powers he meets Charles and things kind of develop from there.

All his life he thought he was the only one. Suddenly he realizes he's not alone. He begins to wonder whether his loyalties lie with the wife who loves him but urges him to hide his powers or the developing new race of mankind destined for persecution by the old that will need a leader to look to.

If they dont do Wanda and Pietro they have to do Anya. Polaris isin't really needed.

They could say he tried to convince them to join his cause,but they rejected him.

I had one about how Lorna and Erik meet up again and how he explains how he had to abondon he. She helps him build the orginal machine that he eventually uses in X1. In the process of testing, she gets drained really badly.

Quicksilver and Scarlet witch can be fit in to the prequal pretty easily i think. they can have his children killed off by humans or something during some sort of battle or whatever towards the end of the movie.

that way it adds more to Magnetos hatred towards humans and explains y Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not in x1-3

Ratcrawler said:
My little storyline idea is that Erik meets and falls in love with Magda in the concentration camp. As Nazis are about to rape and/or kill her, Mags discovers the true power of his abilities. He then opens a can of whoopass on the nazis and tries to set the prisoners free but they'd rather stay cuz he terrifies all but Magda. And so the romance blossoms. She convinces him to hide his powers because the world wouldn't know what to make of them. They get married and have the twins. Before those two develop their powers he meets Charles and things kind of develop from there.

All his life he thought he was the only one. Suddenly he realizes he's not alone. He begins to wonder whether his loyalties lie with the wife who loves him but urges him to hide his powers or the developing new race of mankind destined for persecution by the old that will need a leader to look to.

X-Men 1 showed that he was a child during his imprisonment in the concentration camp. So his little romance would be unlikely. Also i doubt the other prisoners would want to stay. Have you even read what they did in the concentration camps I personally would have not cared if it was a six foot spider asking me to escape the concentration camp i would have said yes.

sc12een17am3 said:
Quicksilver and Scarlet witch can be fit in to the prequal pretty easily i think. they can have his children killed off by humans or something during some sort of battle or whatever towards the end of the movie.

that way it adds more to Magnetos hatred towards humans and explains y Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not in x1-3

Nice idea kill em, to enrage Magneto, they could abandon their dad as not trusting him, but the death od his children would bring higher emotions to his character.
Malfoy from Harry Potter movies, Tom Felton, is rumored to portray quicksilver, he'd be 16 or so in the movie

i wuldnt want them to be killed off tbh, i think them leaving magnetos side would be better

i think.. they should do an avenger movie and not have them as magnetos children, they can be django maximoffs children ?, or they could be mutants in hiding who dont agree with magneto but dont want to rebel and join proffesor x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"