Homecoming How to make Spider-Man's origin story more exciting?

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since Marvel or Sony is going to reboot Spider-Man again, how do we make his origin story more exciting to watch on the big screen?

Ideas:

A: Uncle Ben and Aunt May die with Peter Parker's parents in a firey plane explosion, and Peter Parker gets adopted by Norman Osborn. Peter Parker is interested in science and video games. Peter Parker gets bitten by one of Oscorp's radioactive spiders while playing video games.

:barf::barf:

Let's please not bastardise Uncle Ben and aunt may anymore

Sounds like a legit idea sony would have though, 10/10

Oh God please no... Spidey doesn't need anymore excuses to get torn apart for not being "source material".

I am writing an origin story for Spidey and here's what I did.

Aunt May & Uncle Ben have a daughter. Of course she's younger than Pete and was born before Peter's parents death. It fits well if you balance it right. You still have Ben and Pete's father son relationship without the sister feeling jealous.

86996-jack-nicholson-WTF-what-gif-da-PC1I.gif

How about they just skip the origin story. We don't need to see Peter Parker get bit by a spider for a third time.

How about they just skip the origin story. We don't need to see Peter Parker get bit by a spider for a third time.
Jesus... You joined this month and already have 600+ posts. Almost 40 posts per day, you're an animal!

not_even_mad.gif

*Me reading the topic in question*
whath.gif

But seriously. It's the simplest thing ever. Why don't we do an "Incredible Hulk" intro and get things going?

It's basic. Listen, you can do some tweaking here and there. The Mephistopheles play on Batman Begins instead of the Mark of Zorro is an example. It didn't change the core, it further enhanced the established mythos. Compare that to what Webb and Co. did in the Amazing Spider-Man (How poorly handled was the character of Uncle Ben!), it is more than unnecessary, it shows a lack of reverence to the source material.

The scene where Uncle Ben dies... Have him die in an explosion of some sort for no apparent reason. Spontaneous combustion and a convenient broken gas line right next to him.

I also have a confession to make to you guys. I've been lying all this time, my name isn't JOE. I'm actually Michael Bay.

f1b0b573683660fd9e899822514cb8f3.jpg

How to make the origin story more exciting:
More fun and suspenseful secret identity scenes. The secret identity part and the thrill of being spiderman scenes is what makes watching spiderman origin stories entertaining, because who doesnt want to be spiderman like that?????

spend as little time as possible covering it. We've seen it countless time and don't need to be reminded yet again.

Do everything.

-Show pre-Spider bite Peter Parker being picked on, ridiculed, etc. by Flash and his crew.
-Show how much Aunt May and Uncle Ben love him and how much he loves/appreciates them.
-Show the science exhibit he'll be going to with his few friends (Harry, Gwen/MJ)
-Show the Spider bite again
-Have the truck almost hit him, he jumps out of the way and clings to the building, etc. etc.
-Have him get into show business and wrestling, get cocky and dismiss his family only for..
-Death of Uncle Ben occurs, guilt and rage take over Peter and..
-Hunt for the killer
-Find him, apprehend him and almost kill him until the realization of it not being what his Uncle would've wanted for him
-Promise to use his powers to help people and be a better person
-Cue Spider-Man

As uninteresting as it'd sound, I'm very curious of an idea where the origin story is one movie or one season (should it go the TV/Netflix route).

Do everything.

As uninteresting as it'd sound, I'm very curious of an idea where the origin story is one movie or one season (should it go the TV/Netflix route).

I mentioned something like that a while ago. What if we got a Netflix show, get someone like Joss Whedon & co. in charge, and really build up the characters first and have Pete get bit in the midseason finale. It would almost be like Gotham (only it wouldn't drag out nearly as long, since Bruce is a long way before becoming Batman).

I mentioned something like that a while ago. What if we got a Netflix show, get someone like Joss Whedon & co. in charge, and really build up the characters first and have Pete get bit in the midseason finale. It would almost be like Gotham (only it wouldn't drag out nearly as long, since Bruce is a long way before becoming Batman).

I'd be fine with that.

We need something thats A LOT like Spectacular Spider-Man, with a sick awesome amazing intro swing/chase/crime fighting scene like the one in TASM2 and it just starts from there. You already know the simple origin story of Peter Parker, and hints of it will be revealed in small doses throughout the film. Only tiny hints though, like looking at an uncle Ben photo etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"