The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: The Unresolved Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
One topic that has been discusses on these forums is that The Amazing Spider-Man is filled with unresolved stories. Let's make a list of everything that was left unresolved in the movie.

1. Why did Richard & Mary Parker leave Peter, and who broke into their home prior to this?
  2. What else were Richard Parker and Dr. Connors working on to cure Norman Osborn? Was it a symbiote to cure his possible cancer?
  3. What is Norman Osborn sick with that is killing him?
  4. How did Peter survive the Spider bite and not turn him into a giant spider-monster?
  5. What happened to Dr. Ratha and the formula after the bridge scene?
    -We know that there is a deleted scene of him telling Peter that what happened to him was not an accident, but let's not count that since it was scrapped.
  6. Will Peter ever find his Uncle Ben's killer?
    -Perhaps this criminal is more significant than we thought, and has connections to Kingpin or some other crime group.
  7. Dr. Connors has a wedding ring, so will we ever be introduced to his wife? How about his son?
    -Maybe they can visit him while behind bars?
  8. What will happen to Dr. Connors after the events of the movie? Will he go back to his normal life?
    -Not counting the events of the video game.
  9. Who is the man in the shadows, and how can he just appear and disappear? What is the truth about Peter's father that he and Dr. Connors are hiding?
  10. Now that Uncle Ben is dead, who will support Aunt May financially?
    -This could push Peter to get a job at the Daily Bugle as a freelance Photographer, and also introduce J. Jonah Jameson.
  11. Will Peter and Gwen still see each other? Would an introduction to Mary Jane get in the way and create a love triangle?
  12. Captain Stacey told Peter that people close to him will get hurt, and then says to keep Gwen out of it.
    -This is more of a foreshadowing rather than an unresolved storyline.

Now just to compare to SM1, here are unresolved stories in that movie:

1. Harry Osborn swears revenge on Peter Parker
    -This was more of a foreshadowing rather than an unresolved story, but still.
  2. Did MJ figure out who Peter is, and what will happen to their relationship?

That's about it for Spider-Man 1.
Alot of these issues Don't seem unresolved . they are more like sub-plots that will be expanded upon in future films. Marc Webb has stated that the Origin story will unfold in the next film so these "unresolved" Issues sound more Sub-Plots to me.

Alot of these issues Don't seem unresolved . they are more like sub-plots that will be expanded upon in future films. Marc Webb has stated that the Origin story will unfold in the next film so these "unresolved" Issues sound more Sub-Plots to me.

Subplots have a pay off. A beginning a middle and an end. Look to X2 Pyro starts off a cocky kid at the Xavier school who feels he's being held back. He constantly flicks open and closes his lighter habitually because it makes him feel powerful, it's the only source of his powers. He ends up getting stuck with Wolverine, Bobby, and Rogue. He isn't treated well by the normal people who find out about him and then he sees his protector get shot in the head (presuming he is killed). He fights back at the humans and is put down, being forced to stop and not protect himself even though he's capable. He meets Magneto who takes the lighter away from him, and leaves him basically naked. He then tells Pyro he's not nothing without the lighter that he's a god among insects and then gives him back the lighter. Note he stops constantly flicking open and closed. Then at the end of the film he runs off and finds Magneto wanting to go with him as he has found his place. This is a subplot that leads into a sequel. It's complete it's paid off, but it has room to grow.

Lets compare that to say the parents arc. Peters parents abandon him when he is a small child with his aunt and uncle. Peters new family is scared when he finds a picture of his father and his associate. Peter finds out his name is Dr.Connors and he works as Oscorp. Peter finds a strange algorithm in his parents briefcase. Peter goes to Oscorp to meet Dr.Connors. Peter uses the algorithm to help Connors make a serum to regrow limbs...Dr.Connors tells Peter he's alone. The whole plot drops out of the movie half way through and is only brought back up to remind the audience its still there. It has no pay off and is unresolved.

Unresolved plot: What will Aunt May use those eggs for, that was such a hurry? Baking? Or will she throw them at the police house? The villain hint might be right in front of us, guys!

Unresolved plot: What will Aunt May use those eggs for, that was such a hurry? Baking? Or will she throw them at the police house? The villain hint might be right in front of us, guys!

It is, and its not the Green Goblin. I think many are looking at it wrong. I think many are looking at villains they want to see and not looking at how the story, Webb presenting, is developing. Scorpion has a better shot at being the villain then Green Goblin, if one look at how the story has proceed.

It is, and its not the Green Goblin. I think many are looking at it wrong. I think many are looking at villains they want to see and not looking at how the story, Webb presenting, is developing. Scorpion has a better shot at being the villain then Green Goblin, if one look at how the story has proceed.

Why Scorpion of all villains? I'm interested in why you think of him.

Please enlighten me on how you see the story to proceed with Scorpion when the Green Goblin has his presence all over the movie, while Scorpion doesn't. I'm not even saying this on behalf of just wanting to have the Green Goblin, 'cause I would love some new villains.

Oscorp said:

And will anybody finally like Aunt May's meatloaf? These are pressing questions here!

Ok, bare with me just a second. I'm not say Scorpion will be the villain, but I do think be has a better shot at being the villain then Green Goblin, whom I do think, in some ways, already exist.

However, imo, the hint seems to be alone the line of cross genetics and decay rates, which I think what also may be effecting Mormon in some way. But let's take the Scorpion, which is a natural predictor of a Spider; and, Spiderman is the first successful cross genetic species. So I can see how scorpion could be used to test on someone to go after Spidey, knowing that Norman and his lieutenants at Oscorps seen the event that transpired with Lizard. And may now see this as a viable option.....for an example. Again, I'm not saying scorpion is a definite villain, just making the case why he is one of a few villain I can see, before Green Goblin, imho.

Please enlighten me on how you see the story to proceed with Scorpion when the Green Goblin has his presence all over the movie, while Scorpion doesn't. I'm not even saying this on behalf of just wanting to have the Green Goblin, 'cause I would love some new villains.

And will anybody finally like Aunt May's meatloaf? These are pressing questions here!
:up:

I'd like to see Goblin killing Gwen around the time Peter gets the black suit. Can you imagine the rage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"