The Walking Dead How would you like to see the show come to an end?

They go to NASA and get aboard a rocket ship to leave Earth in search of a new planet without zombies to live on.

The ending will be that they were in a comic book all this time.

Or, if they were the last two people on earth that she felt close to, and she just couldn't bear to let them go.
I don't know about that, the general belief among the heroes of the show is that becoming a zombie is horrific, and loved ones should be put down for it. Michonne kept her dead boyfriend and his partner around because they got high and sloppy and bit right beforehand; she kept two zombies around that were part of the Governor's army that raided the prison for the second time. Creepy Clara kept her zombified husband's head with her, and she was obviously a little weird.

Michonne killed Hershel's zombie head, she made sure to have it completely dead before she left the prison. Carol ran over to Mika's dead body and before even weeping for her death the first thing she did was stab her death to prevent reanimation. Carl killed his mother coldly and immediately to prevent reanimation. Rick went back and killed bicycle girl/Hannah and even though back then he didn't have a full idea of whether zombies were dead or alive, he put her down because he saw her as suffering. Which, even as a zombie, she was.

So if the last episode of the Walkin Dead has a scene with Michonne walking with zombie Rick & Carl, it would have to be because they did something bad before turning.

I'd like to see Carl get separated from the group, wander alone for months, fighting off walkers and barely surviving then he stumbles upon a secret base. He wanders in and finds the computers are still running and it's totally empty. He wanders about and eventually finds...

The codes to the American nuclear stockpile and causes them to launch all over the world. Just after he does that Rick comes in and as they watch the nukes fly off with no way to stop them you hear Rick say

[YT]9ngSNbHGbe4[/YT]

I'd like to see Carl get separated from the group, wander alone for months, fighting off walkers and barely surviving then he stumbles upon a secret base. He wanders in and finds the computers are still running and it's totally empty. He wanders about and eventually finds...

The codes to the American nuclear stockpile and causes them to launch all over the world. Just after he does that Rick comes in and as they watch the nukes fly off with no way to stop them you hear Rick say

[YT]9ngSNbHGbe4[/YT]

lol, that wasn't serious was it

The ending will be that they were in a comic book all this time.

They'll find a random issue of The Walking Dead, that has almost nothing to do with them but for the last page where they see themselves holding the comic saying exactly what's on the last page. They then continue to find issues that show what others are doing and let them take over the country by becoming omniscient due to those comics, eventually leading to wiping out the walkers.

They'll find a random issue of The Walking Dead, that has almost nothing to do with them but for the last page where they see themselves holding the comic saying exactly what's on the last page. They then continue to find issues that show what others are doing and let them take over the country by becoming omniscient due to those comics, eventually leading to wiping out the walkers.

Eventually they run into Robert Kirkman, the cause of the zombie apocalypse.

I don't think it ever will end. I mean, it's something that could go on and on and on. There isn't even an ending to the comics yet. It might end with some sense of normality with things slowly moving forward? Have no clue.

I don't think they'll be able to make the ending live up to all the years the show is going to take, they already mention having ideas for season 12, if the ratings keep being high, then this can even last for some 20 years, it will go until people stop watching it, pretty much like CSI, Law & Order or NCIS.

But if i had to pitch an ending, it would be society being more or less reformed, but with people now trying to go back to their old ways of life, but in a world where the dead turn into zombies.

If i had to guess though, i think the show will either end with one of these options:

1- Cliffhanger when the show is cancelled like what happens to some many others, as years of story arcs are droped and never resolved;
2- Dark Ending where everybody, or almost everybody, dies, maybe a worldwide nuke? Who knows.
3- A cure is found.

In any scenario, i can see Rick dying.

I'd like to think they've got more integrity than to allow this to go as long as Law and Order or CSI.

Well, the comics are still going strong. I don't really see an ending coming any time soon.

I'd like to think they've got more integrity than to allow this to go as long as Law and Order or CSI.

Has the show given any reason to think otherwise? This has been AMC's biggest money maker, and some of these seasons have suffered from a visible lack of Direction, i don't expect that to change anytime soon, and with them mentioning how they already have planned Season 12, i don't think there's much to suggest they don't want it to go for that long.

I don't think they'll be able to make the ending live up to all the years the show is going to take, they already mention having ideas for season 12, if the ratings keep being high, then this can even last for some 20 years, it will go until people stop watching it, pretty much like CSI, Law & Order or NCIS.

But if i had to pitch an ending, it would be society being more or less reformed, but with people now trying to go back to their old ways of life, but in a world where the dead turn into zombies.

If i had to guess though, i think the show will either end with one of these options:

1- Cliffhanger when the show is cancelled like what happens to some many others, as years of story arcs are droped and never resolved;
2- Dark Ending where everybody, or almost everybody, dies, maybe a worldwide nuke? Who knows.
3- A cure is found.

In any scenario, i can see Rick dying.
I think people born after the apocalypse (Judith) aren't born with the virus. So they die and stay dead. Not that that helps them because they'll be dead but if they can somehow eliminate all the walkers and all the infected people eventually die off...
Well, the comics are still going strong. I don't really see an ending coming any time soon.
I heard the comics will end at issue #300

The creator of the comics said that at this pace, the comic will probably last until issue 300 or 400.

I'd like to see a somewhat "happy" ending where at least two or three beloved characters survive.

I'd probably accept an ending where Michonne and Carl end up in a fortified community of survivors who have established their own food sources through farming, who have taken appropriate measures to protect themselves against the walking dead and other survivors and who treat the threat of the walking dead realistically within their own walls (i.e. anyone who is sick is isolated, the recently departed all get a quick knife to the brain, there is an alarm/warning system for any outbreaks and everyone, whether young or old, male or female, is trained to deal with at least 2-3 walkers).

I definitely wouldn't want to see everyone die. And I'm not sure about a "cure" ending, although the previously mentioned "everyone born after X date is immune (i.e. will not turn when they die)" would be a decent "cure" scenario.

I wouldn't be opposed to an "open ended" ending. Or even a cliffhanger ending life "Angel". Basically, something that doesn't neatly tie up all the loose ends and asks the audience to create their own ending (or just imagine the characters' endless suffering as they struggle to survive on a day-to-day basis).

The creator of the comics said that at this pace, the comic will probably last until issue 300 or 400.

300 or 400 is a big difference man, but does that mean that the comic has a finite story? and will end in the next few years?

damn that's potentially another 11 years (give or take). If it's released as often as the other issues were

but does this mean that it has a finite story with a planned ending?

What issue # is the comic at now? I heard it was 150, and if they're released monthly, then that;s another 1-3 years, not 11, lol

It's AMC we're talking about here. of course they'll milk it.they pretty much own the entire show. i love the TWD. even the bad parts. always have. but there has to be a stopping point. eleven or twelve seasons is too much for any show in my opinion. Supernatural is going into Season TEN for god's sake. i can't even get interested in it anymore.

if they want to stay with their gritty and grim tone....then i can't see an ending where Rick lives.

What issue # is the comic at now? I heard it was 150, and if they're released monthly, then that;s another 1-3 years, not 11, lol

The latest one is out at #131 right now. So going to 400 is a bit of stretch.

I probably did the math very wrong.
I was thinking it took them 11 years to get to 132. So to do an additional 168 issues, to reach 300, it would take another ~11 years if 1 issue is released every month.

In 3 years, with 12 issues a year, it's another 36 issues. 36 more issues+132 they already have=168 total issues. Not the 300 Kirkman claimed

But then again someone check my math/logic. Im completely helpless when it comes to that stuff

Last edited:
It's AMC we're talking about here. of course they'll milk it.they pretty much own the entire show. i love the TWD. even the bad parts. always have. but there has to be a stopping point. eleven or twelve seasons is too much for any show in my opinion. Supernatural is going into Season TEN for god's sake. i can't even get interested in it anymore.

if they want to stay with their gritty and grim tone....then i can't see an ending where Rick lives.

Frasier and Smallville come to mind as TV series that were great for years, but stayed longer than they probably should have.

I dont know if this was ever posted but:
DAVID ALPERT: 'WE HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA OF WHAT SEASON 10 IS GONNA BE'
By Kevin Melrose, Comic Book Resources | TUESDAY, JUN 10, 2014 5:45 PM

(CBR) AMC’s "The Walking Dead" heads into its fifth season with 28 million weekly viewers in tow, making it likely Rick Grimes and the other survivors will be fighting off threats both walker and human for some time to come. But for how long?

In the minds of producers, the hit drama hasn’t even reached the halfway point yet.

Indiewire reports that at the Producers Guild of America’s Produced By conference on Sunday, "The Walking Dead" Executive Producer David Alpert was asked about working from existing material — in this case, obviously, the Image Comics series created by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.

“I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be,” Alpert replied. “We know where season 11 and 12 … we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we’re lucky enough to get there.”

That’s undoubtedly music to the ears of AMC executives, who are already developing a companion series featuring new characters and storylines. However, even 10 seasons would be a feat for a cable drama; that would tie "The Walking Dead" with "Stargate SG-1," which split its run between Showtime and Syfy (nee Sci Fi Channel).

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/the-walk...y-plans-through-season-12#FovMvDG3moxmD45M.99

I figurede it'll stay a while. The rating havent dropped and AMC needs a hit as big as this probably

I may get a lot of disagreement but I don't think this show needs to go on for 10 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"