The Walking Dead How would you like to see the show come to an end?

I probably did the math very wrong.
I was thinking it took them 11 years to get to 132. So to do an additional 168 issues, to reach 300, it would take another ~11 years if 1 issue is released every month.

In 3 years, with 12 issues a year, it's another 36 issues. 36 more issues+132 they already have=168 total issues. Not the 300 Kirkman claimed

But then again someone check my math/logic. Im completely helpless when it comes to that stuff
either way it's gonna be at least like 3 years ain't it? figure out the math
I may get a lot of disagreement but I don't think this show needs to go on for 10 seasons.

i don't think you're alone man. even though the show's been breaking records for some reason i feel like way less people watch it now.

Here's how I'd end it. Have a final season figure lined up. Say 'season 7'. Up until that point the cast and characters stay the same, obviously with some deaths and new characters along the way. Then maybe go the route of the comics, and have the final season as a time jump, perhaps a little more further forward than the comics with Carl in his late 20's for example. Then in the final season have flashbacks to things that have happened up until that point, with things that have helped shaped Carl into the leader of the group. Through flashbacks we could learn what happened to Rick, for example. I'd recast older Carl, obviously. But you could get away with using the original cast for flashbacks. It'd be a great way to see what happened to the world 15 years later, too.

A few things that would make up the new season;
- What happened to Rick? Where is he? Did he die? Who killed him if so? etc
- Carl as a surrogate dad to Maggie's and Glen's baby
- What is Carl's secret? (He spared Negan and keeps him hostage, no one else knows)
- A couple new core characters, how they came to join the group, and the dynamic
- The 'settlement' created by Carl and his 'council', Michonne, Maggie, Daryl.
- Can Carl be the leader of this safe haven?

I just think it'd change the show a little bit, and after 7 seasons that might not be a bad thing.

either way it's gonna be at least like 3 years ain't it? figure out the math

i don't think you're alone man. even though the show's been breaking records for some reason i feel like way less people watch it now.

pretty sure I did figure out the math that showed it'd be longer than just 3 years. And yeah it'll take "at least 3 years" but 3 years is a lot different than ~11 years

Here's how I'd end it. Have a final season figure lined up. Say 'season 7'. Up until that point the cast and characters stay the same, obviously with some deaths and new characters along the way. Then maybe go the route of the comics, and have the final season as a time jump, perhaps a little more further forward than the comics with Carl in his late 20's for example. Then in the final season have flashbacks to things that have happened up until that point, with things that have helped shaped Carl into the leader of the group. Through flashbacks we could learn what happened to Rick, for example. I'd recast older Carl, obviously. But you could get away with using the original cast for flashbacks. It'd be a great way to see what happened to the world 15 years later, too.

A few things that would make up the new season;
- What happened to Rick? Where is he? Did he die? Who killed him if so? etc
- Carl as a surrogate dad to Maggie's and Glen's baby
- What is Carl's secret? (He spared Negan and keeps him hostage, no one else knows)
- A couple new core characters, how they came to join the group, and the dynamic
- The 'settlement' created by Carl and his 'council', Michonne, Maggie, Daryl.
- Can Carl be the leader of this safe haven?

I just think it'd change the show a little bit, and after 7 seasons that might not be a bad thing.

I think that'd be interesting for a last episode or the last 2 episodes, but not a whole season

Last edited:
pretty sure I did figure out the math that showed it'd be longer than just 3 years. And yeah it'll take "at least 3 years" but 3 years is a lot different than ~11 years

arite well i'm lost then. what are we concluding?

How would you like to see the show come to an end?

jm0uELI.jpg

Maybe at the end of the series the zombies stop hungering for flesh and become vegetarians?

Doesn't matter as long as Rick is killed off

The final episode...

The group is surrounded by a seemingly limitless army of walkers. Death is certain to come. Suddenly, a path is created, as a lone figure slays hundreds...nay, thousands of zombies. The dust settles and their savior is revealed...it's Zombie Shane! Shane not only survived the attempts to kill him, he overcame his infection through the sheer force of manliness. Shane informs the group that he...using his methods that Rick did not want to follow...saved the world and now entire nations are rebuilding, and he has been named President of Earth in a unanimous vote after everyone but this group recognized him as being correct. A humbled Rick admits that Shane was always the better man, and Carl tells Shane that he loves him like a father more than he ever did his own dad. Judith is revealed to be Shane's child, and Maggie, Beth, Tara, Rosita and Michonne offer themselves up sexually as concubines for President Shane.

The End

What if it turns out that only the Americas had ever been infected?

Thanks Obama!!

What if it turns out that only the Americas had ever been infected?

Thanks Obama!!

wat i really wonder is how come during the winter the zombies aren't frozen, making it much easier for them to be killed off? they can end the apocalypse right there

wat i really wonder is how come during the winter the zombies aren't frozen, making it much easier for them to be killed off? they can end the apocalypse right there

So there will be more show and a final season that consists of them in snowshoes walking around stabbing stiff, frosty corpses in the head probably wouldn't draw in a crowd.

So there will be more show and a final season that consists of them in snowshoes walking around stabbing stiff, frosty corpses in the head probably wouldn't draw in a crowd.

maybe not but think about it to yourself for a second. don't it make sense?

They could freeze in World War Z (the superior book version) but it had to be really long, cold winters iirc. After figuring that out North Americans started heading to northern Canada where they promptly died of starvation and exposure.

Coulsons team get super powers & eventually become a big screen Avengers team

The final episode...

The group is surrounded by a seemingly limitless army of walkers. Death is certain to come. Suddenly, a path is created, as a lone figure slays hundreds...nay, thousands of zombies. The dust settles and their savior is revealed...it's Zombie Shane! Shane not only survived the attempts to kill him, he overcame his infection through the sheer force of manliness. Shane informs the group that he...using his methods that Rick did not want to follow...saved the world and now entire nations are rebuilding, and he has been named President of Earth in a unanimous vote after everyone but this group recognized him as being correct. A humbled Rick admits that Shane was always the better man, and Carl tells Shane that he loves him like a father more than he ever did his own dad. Judith is revealed to be Shane's child, and Maggie, Beth, Tara, Rosita and Michonne offer themselves up sexually as concubines for President Shane.

The End

:shr:

wrong show

Whoops I forgot the second part. It can be a crossover finale. Coulsons new Super Powered Team goes 2 The Walking Dead Universe & kills all of the Zombies & Rick can get super powers as well & they just go Universe Hopping & taking care of ****

Last edited:

The deep south wouldn't get much snow, would it?

The deep south wouldn't get much snow, would it?

yes but the whole world's been affected by the apocalypse, yeah? I ain't talking about our group specifically, although I don't recall every seeing it rain either.

I don't want Rick to die in the finale. If he's still alive by the time that rolls around, everyone will know what's what. No element of surprise. Kill him three episodes (or issues, where the comic is concerned) before the end. Then anything can happen.

I kind of thought the idea of the group finding out that the plague has been contained to certain areas of the US with other areas free and clear. Rick and his group have pretty much been in the "dead zone" all this time.

I also would like to see the episode before the last show who everyone was and where they were the day before everything went to hell. It would be interesting to see an episode showcasing the lives of our group and people like the Governor, Gareth and his family, Deanna, etc, how some of them crossed each other paths...

In a german article I read, a popular theory of an ending of the story among the fans of TWD is Rick coming out of coma - having only dreamed all that Zombie stuff.
Robert Kirkman, creator of TWD, wrote on Twitter: “Going on record to answer this: Rick is NOT still in a coma. The events of TWD are definitely happening.” And further: “But Carl and everyone else are all imagined. He actually NEVER found his family. He’s been crazy since he killed his first zombie. #joking?” :woot:

I would like to see a surprising ending that nobody has expected or already mentioned. :yay:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"