How would you rank the seasons so far?

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
Well, another season has come and gone. I thought season six was a vast improvement over season five. I rewatched seasons 1-5 earlier this year so they're all pretty fresh in my mind. How would you rank Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 from best to least best?

1. Season 4
Still my favorite just because of the momentum it had and it was also based off of most of my favorite parts from A Storm of Swords.
2. Season 1
I'm ranking it above season 6 because of its storyline, but in terms of sheer enjoyment, 6 might have it beat.
3. Season 6
I thought it was a very good season as it was, but episodes 9 and 10 just elevated it to the next level.
4. Season 3
If not for episodes 9 and 10 of season 6, this would have had it beat.
5. Season 2
Still great, and Blackwater remains one of the best episodes of the series.
6. Season 5
It started out slow but had a stronger finish, still good but it was the weakest season to me.

1. Season 3
2. Season 4
3. Season 2
4. Season 1

5. Season 6

6. Season 5

Honestly, outside of Season 1 and the terrible 5, 2-4 all bleed together for me. I cant recall what happens where. Id have to rewatch them

I really got into this show when there was so much of Tyrion running Kings Landing and it was all political. I think it was late season 2 - early season 3.

This is my ranking. Season five was based off my favorite in the series, A Dance with Dragons, so I was much harsher on it than some of the others.

I'm doing my best to remember here, so its subject to change upon another viewing.

It's hard to rank them; each one has really great moments. I would have to say though that 5 was my least favorite simply because of all the crap with the Sparrows. I hated them so much. They were worse than The Guilty Remnant on The Leftovers, and I despised those motherf***ers.

1. Season 4
2. Season 6
3. Season 1
4. Season 3
5. Season 2
6. Season 5

Personally, it would go something like this.

1. Season 3 - You've got the Red Wedding, Jaime & Brienne road trip, the Bear and the Maiden Fair, Daenerys taking Astapor and Yunkai, intro to Lady Olenna. The Starks & Lannisters have a wedding!

2. Season 4 - Fall out from Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, Tyrion's trial, Red Viper, Viper vs. Mountain, Arya and Hound buddy comedy act, Battle for the Wall, Stannis' one shining moment. Sansa starts playing the game, Lysa goes through the Moon Door.

3. Season 1 - Ned Stark, intro to the world, the "happy days" of Winterfell, Tyrion outwitting the Vale, Daenerys' amazing arc, death of Viserys, birth of dragons. Joffrey's depravity revealed.

4. Season 2 - Blackwater, Tyrion running King's Landing like a boss, Arya's Riverland adventures, Arya meets Tywin and Jaqen, Sansa vs. Cersei, Robb actually looks competent.

5. Season 6 - The Green Trial, Hold the Door, Arya's revenge on Walder Frey, Battle of the Bastards, Sansa becomes a real player in the game, Stark reunion, Burn the Khals.

6. Season 5 - Umm.... Hardhome and Daenerys escapes the Fighting Pits on Drogon? That's about it.

4/6
6/4

I struggle putting 3 over 1... but we saw how REEK was made. :o

1 - Season 6.

Battle Of The Bastards the greatest episode in television. I also really enjoyed Jon Snow's growth. Overall season really damn good.

2 - Season 4.

Spectacular consistency. Tight all around.

3 - Season 3.

Robb Stark & Red Wedding. Nuff Said.

4 - Season 1.

Good old Winterfell days & Ned Stark.

5 - Season 2.

North Beyond The Wall focus & Ygritte's introduction.

6 - Season 5.

Not much going on, overall the weakest - (good season), episode nine was fantastic.

1. Season 3. Not much to add, my passion for the show was at it's highest after this season.

2. Season 2. I see people always put it closer to the end of the list, but I think it's almost as strong, as Season 3. Arya vs. Tywin, Tyrion as the Hand and Blackwater, demon baby, Arya's adventures overall, North beyond the Wall and Ygritte. All storylines, maybe outside Targaryen, are exciting and interesting.

3. Season 1. Also not much to comment here. "Innocent" days. Very-very well written. Targaryen arc is wonderful.

4. Season 4. Maybe I'm underestimating this season after Season 3, which I love the most, thus putting it lower on the list.

5. Season 5. Two episodes are among the best in the whole show. It also features the only enjoyable erotic scene. I don't consider this season to be bad by any means, I still really enjoyed it. I didn't read the books, but I don't understand why Dorne stuff angers some people.

6. Season 6. My main problem with this season - it feels rushed at times, some key moments feel unearned and in other it's dragging. And writing isn't as good as in first half of the show, but undeniably features a few great moments. Just like in Season 5.

Last edited:
Season 6
Season 4
Season 3
Season 5
Season 1
Season 2

Dorne stuff.

It's really hard for ranking these season. But I dont like season 2 the most
So, it's maybe

Season 5: started slow but finished strongest.

I thought the opposite. The first few episodes were strong, then it just fell into a cluster**** of poor writing choices. (with the exception of Hardhome)

Season 1
Season 6
Seasons 2,3, & 4
Season 5

5 might have been tied with 6 on account of "Hardhome" - a top 5 episode for the series- and key moments in "Dance of Dragons" along with the sailing through Valyria scene, but Dorne and the Sand Snakes made me groan loudly!

Honestly I find season 5 to be underrated, a bit slow maybe but it builds a excellent grim atmosphere, Dilane especially is wonderful in that season really stepping up to take over from Dance as a kind of Shakespearian tragic figure and the last few episodes might be the best the series has ever been for me.

Last edited:
1. Season 1 - got introduced to this world in that season had no idea it was from a series of books until I started researching spoilers :sly:

2. Season 6 - Bastard Bowl and Dragons wrecking the masters was glorious

3. Season 4 - Viper was awesome when he announced he would be Tyrion's champion Dinklage was in magnificent in that scene

4. Season 3 - Loved all the brianne and Jaime stuff and Red Wedding shocked the F out of me

5. Season 2 - Tyrion running Kings Landing was the highlight along with Tywin and Arya "They want to play music with us lets play" DRUMMS love the black water episode

6. Season 5 - Hardhome and Drogon was the highlights F*** the sparrows in the season

Season 1 was the best for me. Damn nearly perfect, and they hadn't started ****ing over Stannis yet.

Speaking of which, how much Stannis was getting dicked on is a factor of how I felt about each season henceforth.

Season 3 was overall great.

Season 2 was lighter on Halfhand and other things than I'd've liked, and heavier on Talisa, Robb, and others.

Season 4 had plenty of strong moments and perhaps it should be higher. It was definitely the last truly good season, however it was also where the cracks definitely started to take shape.

Season 5 and 6 were both decidedly bad, and I'm not sure which was worse. Probably 5.

S5 pros; Hardhome. S5 cons; Shireen, the Faith, Sansayne.
S6 pros; the tower, The Door. S6 cons; More faith, Super Dany, wimp-ass North, rise of the Starks/battle of the bastards not living up to its potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"