No Way Home "I am Rhino!" - Paul Giamatti Returns

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score

I know opinions regarding Rhino in ASM 2 (and Giamatti's cartoonish acting) are polarizing, but I'm interested to see what they do with him in No Way Home, acting wise and design wise. Especially after reading Kevin Feige's notes on ASM 2's script.

rhino-sp.jpg

Surprisingly I am actually excited about this. I didn't care for Rhino at all in TASM2 but I do like the character and I like Paul Giamatti, so I'm willingly to give him another shot. With a few tweaks to the character and complete design overhaul, he could be a fun side villain in all this.

I think we will get the tiny mecha/armored suit from ASM2 but I kinda wanna watch the version with superpowers and rhino skin like suit.

If we still get a mecha-rhino, then why can't Spidey just use some EMP dampener to shut Rhino down immediately? Surely there must be some Stark tech for that.

Also Garfield in the Spidey suit comes across most like Spidey with the confidence and the quips and not always asking others what he should do but taking charge and responsibility himself. Maguire is rather too silent in the suit and Holland needs affirmation from everyone else to act.

I really do wanna see Mech Rhino in action. The dude is a powerhouse theoretically and we never get to see him really act.

Realistically Peter can't physically damage an armor so thick. Plus the thing is armed with machine guns and missiles. Couple that with the nearly insane person piloting the mech and I'd be happy to see the level of utter destruction this version can cause other than just running through things.

Paul Giamatti in the muscle suit would be crazy. I still think he'll be in a mech suit but it'll be a redesign.
I've been hearing rumors of redesigns happening. Has it been confirmed whether these are supposed to be the same characters from prior films, or are they playing new versions?

Same characters. New designs.
I'm assuming something along the lines of pseudo-alternate versions.

For example, a universe where all the events transpired the same as Raimi. But all the villains ended up surviving somehow. This allows them to take certain liberties with designs and references.

They could even make it so Raimi and Webb universes have their own heroes. "Doctor Strange" was taken in the Raimi would. It's sensible to believe he exists there. Alongside other 2000's heroes like Hulk, Blade and the original F4.

Then you could perhaps have Webb's universe connected to Sony's bigger Venom/Morbius universe. All while keeping Holland in the MCU.

Again this is just a template to imagine what liberties they could take. It opens up a lot of room of these aren't the carbon copy universe of Webb and Raimi

Easy, alternate universe shenanigans. These aren't the exact Raimi and Webb versions their extremely similar timelines. Where key events play differently and allow the universe to cross paths.

I AM ZE RHINOOOO0000oooo!!

I hope they don't have a mutated Paul Giamatti Rhino, honestly still want a mecha kinda design- but not as convoluted or overdesigned-dumb as the last one looked.

Same, I hope they simplify the mecha suit. I have no desire to see Paul Giamatti in a rhino onesie

While we wait for more info, let's look at this beauty and admire it.

jmbSiTX.gif

The cheesiness of cheap animation is a wonderful thing, and they put a lot of effort to make it memorable.
I AM ZE RHINOOOO0000oooo!!

I hope they don't have a mutated Paul Giamatti Rhino, honestly still want a mecha kinda design- but not as convoluted or overdesigned-dumb as the last one looked.
I like that design, overdesigned though is something I can agree with.

Same, I hope they simplify the mecha suit. I have no desire to see Paul Giamatti in a rhino onesie

Well it wouldn't be just Giamatti in a Rhino onesie with his own body shape. They could motion capture him like they did for Ruffalo as Hulk so he appears much bigger and has organic rhino hide, but with Giamatti's face. I prefer an organic Rhino, otherwise it's just like someone in a Hulkbuster or Iron Monger armour but with a different theme.

I kinda just wanna see Rhino fire his machine guns while Spidey dodges. They could loose the missiles honestly. That seems a bit overkill when the Goblin already has pumpkin bombs and the armed glider.

Helps contrast the villains better. You have two geniuses Goblin and Ock. Who I'd argue combined easily outmatch all three Peter's in IQ.

Two power houses Rhino and Electro that will likely require more than one Spidey to beat. Rhino due to his armor and long ranged attacks.

And finally two damage sponges to tire the Spidey's out. You can't hurt Sandman and Electro can literally become pure energy and teleport. So those two will take special attention.

Earlier I imagined mecha Rhino just falling in cement and that being the whole redesign :funny:
That reminded me of that Rhino boss battle from the Ultimate Spider-Man game.

God I’m behind the times :D I think that was the last Spider-Man game I played. Need to get a PS5 And just get Spider-Man already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"