Status
Not open for further replies.

BadrHari

Civilian
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/joshuatrank/status/629467936793559040
‏
@joshuatrank

"A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would've recieved great reviews. You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though."

And Later in the Day

"I can safely say that Fantastic Four was NOT my movie.. It was a movie where I had no creative control. It was a movie where if I wanted to do something, it had to be approved. It was a movie that I tried making, but ended up in the hands of the studio regardless of what I wanted. As of August 6th, 2015 - I am denouncing Fantastic Four. I want no more part of comic book films. My next projects will be back to my roots of lower budget, but more important, projects that I have control of. Hollywood is a much bigger, more complicated place than people realize. I am inspired by David Fincher who had similar issues on his Alien 3, where the studio was too involved and wouldn't let Fincher do his magic. Well, he rebounded and became the best director in Hollywood. Now, David Fincher has complete control of his films and look at how great they turn out. You'll see a same pattern from me. It will take hard work, but I am still young and willing to do what I have to do to succeed. To make the films that I want to make. To all my fans, thank you. - Josh Trank"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/josh-trank-denounces-fantastic-four-195000302.html

latest

is that statement real? I can't find it anywhere.

So how many past interviews and statements does this effectively undo?

That Yahoo! link either isn't working or the story got nuked.

Making himself a martyr. But panicky reshoots don't imply micromanaging from the get-go, rather poor test screenings.

Better click links before they get deleted !

Josh Trank is certainly a very unique individual, to SAY THE LEAST !!!

I'm not sure the second paragraph length statement is real.

Since it's kind of debate night in politics...

"Josh, I served with David Fincher. I know David Fincher. David Fincher is a good director. Josh, you are no David Fincher."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/fantastic-four-director-swears-hes-021200954.html

When the director says "it's not my fault" it means even he admits the final product is awful cinema. What more is there to say?

Bwahahahha... Great post since I just watched the debate tonight as well and to quote Capt. America.....

"I understood that reference"

So Trank is saying it was Fox that made The Thing dickless and he and the rest of the FF into government weapons? Or that it was Fox that wanted the FF to get drunk before they decided to go on the trip that got them their powers? Or that it was Fox that originally made Dr. Doom into a blogger?

Fox ****ed up but Trank needs to take responsibility for his choices and ideas.

OP where did you find this statement

"I can safely say that Fantastic Four was NOT my movie.. It was a movie where I had no creative control. It was a movie where if I wanted to do something, it had to be approved. It was a movie that I tried making, but ended up in the hands of the studio regardless of what I wanted. As of August 6th, 2015 - I am denouncing Fantastic Four. I want no more part of comic book films. My next projects will be back to my roots of lower budget, but more important, projects that I have control of. Hollywood is a much bigger, more complicated place than people realize. I am inspired by David Fincher who had similar issues on his Alien 3, where the studio was too involved and wouldn't let Fincher do his magic. Well, he rebounded and became the best director in Hollywood. Now, David Fincher has complete control of his films and look at how great they turn out. You'll see a same pattern from me. It will take hard work, but I am still young and willing to do what I have to do to succeed. To make the films that I want to make. To all my fans, thank you. - Josh Trank"

I think he made it up as a joke.

I saw that on the IMDB forums and there was never any source for it so I didn't believe it.

6d0490ae0ddf6e0050ae9cae878b91f1

Looks like they nuked the story at yahoo for now.....

The problem is if Fantastic Four does not do well, Fox could sue Josh Trank for causing financial damages due to his comments online. And Fox would win the suit too.

Well that yahoo link doesn't work so I don't trust the second statement but I believe the first one.

I saw that on the IMDB forums and there was never any source for it so I didn't believe it.

I found the link / discussion of the statement & twitter from another forum and saw the quote, but it looks like they took it down. Sorry folks.

The first one is 100% real. THR retweeted it and before I knew it the tweet disappeared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"