I think this deserves its own thread...Josh Trank denounces Fantastic Four - Part 1

That's the interview where Trank talked more about his high school manboobs than the actual movie he directed, right?

trankmoobs_zpsunbjwfbg.gif

I don't see how Trank quiting SW woukd be better for Fox than his being fired? I thought it lends credence to Fox's pr that Trank was a loose cannon if another studio didn't want to deal with him either. I think the reasons for him being fired stem from rumors on the FF set, but I don't think Disney/Lucas Film would straight up fire him over baseless rumors. Add to that his twitter tantrum and it's clear the man is unprofessional.

I don't see how Trank quiting SW woukd be better for Fox than his being fired? I thought it lends credence to Fox's pr that Trank was a loose cannon if another studio didn't want to deal with him either. I think the reasons for him being fired stem from rumors on the FF set, but I don't think Disney/Lucas Film would straight up fire him over baseless rumors. Add to that his twitter tantrum and it's clear the man is unprofessional.

Fox wanted to keep a lid on the BTS drama for the same reason why they waited until the last minute to lift the review embargo: a strong opening weekend was their best shot a recouping some of their money from this disaster.

Disney likely heard about Trank's behavior from Kinberg:

Kinberg, who is producing the second Star Wars stand-alone project (the first, Rogue One, is being directed by Gareth Edwards for a December 2016 release), is said to have communicated his displeasure with Trank to Kathleen Kennedy and the team at Lucasfilm. As the Star Wars brain trust heard more about Trank's behavior and working style, they became less confident in handing over the film to him.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/inside-a-star-wars-firing-792933

I went to Celebration 2015 and I attended the panel Josh Trank was scheduled for. His non-appearance there was announced right after the panel started. It was obviously a last-minute change.

Reporters I talked to later in the day were saying Trank was "fired."

Last Christmas in the Sony leaks, it was revealed that Kinberg and Pascal had a conversation wherein he mentioned telling Disney "the truth about Josh Trank". Months later he was fired.
It's still astounding how adamantly some people were arguing that Trank left on his own volition. I've seen fanboys do some crazy stuff in my time, but that probably takes the cake.

The weird thing about that is Flint, the fanboy loyalty has nothing to do with the Fantastic Four IP. It's all about their affinity for the Fox X-films for whatever reasons the deem valid. Or their personal disdain for MCU films, which is probably hand in hand with X-fanboyism.

X-fans are some of the most die-hard fans out there. Their books sold well despite years of poor characterization and story-lines. I respect that fan-base.

But much like the mutants they love, they take the 616/MCU are against "us" and dislike The Avengers characters-who in essence are the respected and adored heroes in universe.

The F4 are just fodder for them. If the rights reverted, the X-fans would no longer defend anything to do with the F4.

How does it harm one's Fox fandom to admit that Trank was fired? It's not like blatant lies are being told to disparage the man. Josh Trank was axed and that's why he isn't directing that Star Wars side story anymore. As usual the studio will never admit it because the studios never admit stuff like that but all of the evidence is pointing to it.

How does it harm one's Fox fandom to admit that Trank was fired? It's not like blatant lies are being told to disparage the man. Josh Trank was axed and that's why he isn't directing that Star Wars side story anymore. As usual the studio will never admit it because the studios never admit stuff like that but all of the evidence is pointing to it.

Your question assumes the Fox fans are rational.

Fanboy fanaticism is flawed logic. Lowering Green Lantern's Rotten Tomato score doesn't make the X-Men franchise "better" and maing Trank the victim does not salvage his career.

Yeah, I don't get it. I have no problem with people looking forward to any project or liking or not liking particular films. But having an opinion is one thing, denying reality is another.

We saw it with the review embargo too, with certain posters denying that the late embargo meant that Fox had no faith in the project despite the decades of film history that shows that it is just that in 99% of cases.

I can like Thor: The Dark World without pretending that everything was just peachy between Alan Taylor and Marvel Studios.

Yeah, I don't get it. I have no problem with people looking forward to any project or liking or not liking particular films. But having an opinion is one thing, denying reality is another.

We saw it with the review embargo too, with certain posters denying that the late embargo meant that Fox had no faith in the project despite the decades of film history that shows that it is just that in 99% of cases.

I can like Thor: The Dark World without pretending that everything was just peachy between Alan Taylor and Marvel Studios.
Right, exactly. You can be a huge fan of whatever you want but when something went wrong behind the scenes it went wrong, when the studio holds back reviews it means that they don't have faith that the film will be decently reviewed. The Fox fans are making themselves look childish when they deny reality. Ignoring all of the behind the scenes trouble doesn't make the behind the scenes trouble untrue.

The weird thing about that is Flint, the fanboy loyalty has nothing to do with the Fantastic Four IP. It's all about their affinity for the Fox X-films for whatever reasons the deem valid. Or their personal disdain for MCU films, which is probably hand in hand with X-fanboyism.

X-fans are some of the most die-hard fans out there. Their books sold well despite years of poor characterization and story-lines. I respect that fan-base.

But much like the mutants they love, they take the 616/MCU are against "us" and dislike The Avengers characters-who in essence are the respected and adored heroes in universe.

The F4 are just fodder for them. If the rights reverted, the X-fans would no longer defend anything to do with the F4.

This is all true. I've noticed this myself. Most people continually defending this movie were X-men fans, while in the same breathe insisting that it had nothing to do with a studio bias.

This film deserves to take it in the chin. I have not seen it yet, but you just can't mess with the decor, ingredients, menu, waiters, manager, and chef of a world class restaurant and expect better results.

I don't see how any of this has to do with X-men fans. X-men is a good and successful franchise which Fox is handling well. I don't see the connection between X-men fans and defenders of Trank. I also think the rumored problems with Trank helps Fox's case that they didn't ruin the film but they stepped in to try and salvage it.

I don't see how any of this has to do with X-men fans. X-men is a good and successful franchise which Fox is handling well. I don't see the connection between X-men fans and defenders of Trank. I also think the rumored problems with Trank helps Fox's case that they didn't ruin the film but they stepped in to try and salvage it.

As someone who has spent a lot of time in this section, it's pretty safe to say that the majority of people who consistently defended this movie were X-men fans. I'm not implying anything or casting stones, but that is an objective, observable fact.

Some X-Men and DC fans took it upon themselves to defend Fantastic Four, they just blatantly ignored the obvious signs of disaster to the bitter end. I'm not making it up, those were the groups whom were defending it. I don't think it was the majority of the DC fans but I suspect the majority of X-Men fans did take the project under their wing. Probably because of Kinberg and Vaughn's involvement.

Well I can see the potential connection between X-Men fans and those defending FFINO. X-Men fans have certain tastes and sensibilities. Perhaps they naturally like and gravitate towards characters who are more gritty and feel like their powers are disabilities or abnormalities than the brighter, primary colour heroes like the Avengers or the real Fantastic Four.

So since this movie was being touted as something similar in tone to X-Men, and these X-fans mostly claimed not to be big FF fans in the first place and that it never interested them until now, it's not hard to see why they took to defending FFINO and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. Of course, that is only one of the reasons, and I'm sure there are others.

And then after the reviews started coming out they all disappeared.:oldrazz:

And then after the reviews started coming out they all disappeared.:oldrazz:

Most. Not all. There's still the occasional troll, though the mass infestation isn't around anymore. We don't need the Orkin man, but a can of Raid is always good to keep around...

No surprise. He should get himself together not dick around on twitter.

Some X-Men and DC fans took it upon themselves to defend Fantastic Four, they just blatantly ignored the obvious signs of disaster to the bitter end. I'm not making it up, those were the groups whom were defending it. I don't think it was the majority of the DC fans but I suspect the majority of X-Men fans did take the project under their wing. Probably because of Kinberg and Vaughn's involvement.

Yeah, a lot of which reeked of "it isn't Marvel Studios so let's protect it".

Looks like Trank deleted his Twitter account.

Trank used Doom's time cube to go back to just after he posted that pic of his dog's behind and then deleted his account. He would rather escape to a better time when he was still working on the movie and thinking it will be coming out in a few months to rave reviews. :o

... Trank's Twitter is still up...

You may still be able to see it but it's no longer active, whenever I try to load the page Twitter shows me an error message stating the page doesn't exist.

When Trank deleted his post about how good his "vision" was I could still pull it up for a while on some devices but eventually they all were unable to get to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"