"Every great team needs a leader" The Mr Fantastic Thread - Part 1

Let's discuss Reed here shall we,casting ideas anyone?

Miles Teller with Michael B. Jordan and Bryan Singer

CJr7KLcVAAA6iGf.png

There is now a thread to post problems with characterization, promotion, the movie itself, tv spots and trailers. Post your problems there.

THE FFINO ZONE!

Last edited:
One of the Miles Teller fans on twitter pointed out they added the scars Teller has to the kid playing young Reed.

The scar on his chin is an actual scar.

Strange that they didn't just hide it then have him gain them in the explosion.

Oh, I'm sorry...I misread it.

Was he a good leader?

Is stretching really that hard of an effect to make look good on screen? Because in all the FF movies so far people have said that the stretching effects have been bad.

Is stretching really that hard of an effect to make look good on screen? Because in all the FF movies so far people have said that the stretching effects have been bad.

Generally with CGI to closer to human the harder it is to make things look good, everyone knows what a human looks like so its far easier for us to spot where the effects don't work. Things that don't look human at all are often easier for up to accept as we have no reference to compare them against. And by its very nature taking a normal looking human and stretching them looks wrong to us. As a result its an effect that requires far more effort to get right.

Teller has a really really punchable face. He looks like a dbag.

What exactly does that add to the discussion? Thanks for the input Tacit Ronin, sigh....

Teller was really good in the movie, the CG looked REALLY good in the scene where he wakes up and there's that body horror sequence. Looked good too in the forest sequence, however, looks like crap in the final scene (but so did every character's abilities)

I am glad this actor will likely not being playing Reed Richards again. He never quite struck me as capturing the character--especially physically.

This is just a personal issue, but Miles Teller reminds me of a Texas fratboy. I know he's not from Texas, and I think he grew up in the Northeast, that's just how he sorta comes off.

Miles Teller did a fine job portraying the Reed Richards character that was written for this film, it's unfortunate that this version of Reed is based on the Ultimate Fantastic Four Reed.

I will say he's the most developed character in the film, but not only did they use an inferior version of Reed from the comics, they chose to deviate further from even that character. The biggest problem I had with the character was Reed's relationship with the others was never successfully developed, so in the end I didn't feel like they were the family they should be.

At least they gave a plausible explanation for the bungee cord costume he develops.

I thought he was fine. More charisma than Ioan's Reed had, to be sure. I thought it was a little odd that Reed was only shown to have invented the teleporter. There wasn't any mention of his other inventions, or his genius, really, though he did display it occassionally.

Granted, there's that deleted scene with the flying car.

I'm wanting to see this movie for 2 reasons 1. To see how bad it really is 2. Because I like the look of Miles as Reed. He doesn't look like a leading man/superhero type.

Am I the only one that was distracted by the green lights that were constantly reflected off both his and Reg Cathey's glasses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"