I think this deserves its own thread...Josh Trank denounces Fantastic Four - Part 1

https://twitter.com/joshuatrank/status/629467936793559040
‏
@joshuatrank

"A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would've recieved great reviews. You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though."

And Later in the Day

"I can safely say that Fantastic Four was NOT my movie.. It was a movie where I had no creative control. It was a movie where if I wanted to do something, it had to be approved. It was a movie that I tried making, but ended up in the hands of the studio regardless of what I wanted. As of August 6th, 2015 - I am denouncing Fantastic Four. I want no more part of comic book films. My next projects will be back to my roots of lower budget, but more important, projects that I have control of. Hollywood is a much bigger, more complicated place than people realize. I am inspired by David Fincher who had similar issues on his Alien 3, where the studio was too involved and wouldn't let Fincher do his magic. Well, he rebounded and became the best director in Hollywood. Now, David Fincher has complete control of his films and look at how great they turn out. You'll see a same pattern from me. It will take hard work, but I am still young and willing to do what I have to do to succeed. To make the films that I want to make. To all my fans, thank you. - Josh Trank"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/josh-trank-denounces-fantastic-four-195000302.html

Thanks for this. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. :lmao:
You're welcome. This movie is the gift that keeps giving....

"If Doctor Doom were a real person he'd have a computer like the rest of us and he'd certainly be reading things like the rest of us." :awesome:

You're welcome. This movie is the gift that keeps giving....

"If Doctor Doom were a real person he'd have a computer like the rest of us and he'd certainly be reading things like the rest of us." :awesome:

"It was never real, it was just a name they used on set so they didn't have to say Doom." Uh huuuuuh...

"It was never real, it was just a name they used on set so they didn't have to say Doom." Uh huuuuuh...

Why is it so hard for him to admit he made some bad decisions?

This Josh Trank fellow seems to have an aversion to telling the truth.

https://twitter.com/joshuatrank/status/629467936793559040
‏
@joshuatrank

"A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would've recieved great reviews. You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though."

And Later in the Day

"I can safely say that Fantastic Four was NOT my movie.. It was a movie where I had no creative control. It was a movie where if I wanted to do something, it had to be approved. It was a movie that I tried making, but ended up in the hands of the studio regardless of what I wanted. As of August 6th, 2015 - I am denouncing Fantastic Four. I want no more part of comic book films. My next projects will be back to my roots of lower budget, but more important, projects that I have control of. Hollywood is a much bigger, more complicated place than people realize. I am inspired by David Fincher who had similar issues on his Alien 3, where the studio was too involved and wouldn't let Fincher do his magic. Well, he rebounded and became the best director in Hollywood. Now, David Fincher has complete control of his films and look at how great they turn out. You'll see a same pattern from me. It will take hard work, but I am still young and willing to do what I have to do to succeed. To make the films that I want to make. To all my fans, thank you. - Josh Trank"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/josh-trank-denounces-fantastic-four-195000302.html

He sure does think highly of himself.

For the umpteenth time in just a few weeks -

THE KEVIN SMITH PODCASTS ARE FULL OF UNCENSORED CURSING....UNCENSORED CURSING IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE HYPE....SO DO NOT POST LINKS TO THEM ON HERE.

So I'm listening to the Kevin Smith podcast, which I will not link to Papa Lee, and it's kinda sad to me considering what happened.

Last edited:

Are they going to claim that Harvey Elder was a code name for Dr Allen also? :o

If they were that ashamed of it why didn't they just change it? Or why were they involved in making a Fantastic Four movie in the first place if the source material embarrasses them so much?

If they were that ashamed of it why didn't they just change it? Or why were they involved in making a Fantastic Four movie in the first place if the source material embarrasses them so much?
That's the ultimate question that I just don't get.

If so they likely cancelled it so Trank's lawyer doesn't get a heart attack.

Considering Marty Singer also represents Bill Cosby, Trank is probably a cake walk to deal with in comparison.

I don't think being ashamed of something in a comic and changing it is not necessarily a bad thing or something unique to FF. Off the top of my head I can think of the trunks in MOS. Somethings in comics need to be changed to appeal to a wider audience, I think a name like Victor Von Doom might be one of them.

[/B]That's the ultimate question that I just don't get.

Because at the end of the day they don't give a crap about FF beyond making sure rival studio Marvel never gets it hands on the IP. Even if it means throwing away $50-60 million every 6-7 years, it's a small price to pay to keep a potential multi-billion franchise out of Marvel's hands.

I don't think being ashamed of something in a comic and changing it is not necessarily a bad thing or something unique to FF. Off the top of my head I can think of the trunks in MOS. Somethings in comics need to be changed to appeal to a wider audience, I think a name like Victor Von Doom might be one of them.
Yes Victor Von Doom's name is silly but so are a lot of comic book names and yet they are very rarely changed.

I am not averse to changes at all and I do find that fans complain way too much about changes but I don't see any reason to start changing names of 50 year old characters unless the names were racist or something. How would you feel if someone felt that Lex Luthor had a silly name and they changed it? I'd be pretty pissed off and find it disrespectful to the source material. You can't be surprised that Fantastic Four fans are annoyed by all the changes.

Superman's costume still recognizably looks like a Superman costume. It's dark blue and red, it has a cape and there is an \S/ on his chest. Not an exact replica but it is certainly an adaption and instantly recognizable. The Fantastic Four costumes look absolutely nothing like their comic book counterparts. At all.

Last edited:
It's simple. Marvel is on top of the world right now. They turned Ant-Man into a relatively successful movie. If you put Fantastic Four back into their hands and they make it a huge viable franchise again, that would be embarrassing and devastating to 20th Century Fox.

Because at the end of the day they don't give a crap about FF beyond making sure rival studio Marvel never gets it hands on the IP. Even if it means throwing away $50-60 million every 6-7 years, it's a small price to pay to keep a potential multi-billion franchise out of Marvel's hands.

That's definitely not true. This isn't just a bunch of unprofessional fanboys, this is a company that's all about making money. Losing that kind of money is going to get people fired and it will take a lot to convince the board to allow someone to ever take a shot at the FF again. The only reason Fox wants to keep the rights to something is if they think they can make money off it.

Marvel making money isn't hurting Fox. Quite the contrary, when superhero movies get popular and make a lot of money they make it more likely that people will go out and see more superhero movies, so that's positive for everyone involved. That's why a DC or Marvel fanboy might want to see the other fail but the companies certainly don't share that view.

Mjölnir;32028333 said:
Marvel making money isn't hurting Fox. Quite the contrary, when superhero movies get popular and make a lot of money they make it more likely that people will go out and see more superhero movies, so that's positive for everyone involved. That's why a DC or Marvel fanboy might want to see the other fail but the companies certainly don't share that view.
This can't be said enough. Good comic book movies are good for everyone; bad comic book movies are bad for everyone. Regardless of the studio making the movie.

Mjölnir;32028333 said:
That's definitely not true. This isn't just a bunch of unprofessional fanboys, this is a company that's all about making money. Losing that kind of money is going to get people fired and it will take a lot to convince the board to allow someone to ever take a shot at the FF again. The only reason Fox wants to keep the rights to something is if they think they can make money off it.

That's all well and good but the BTS behind the FF suggest otherwise considering the real motive for making this flick. If you have no idea what to do with a property you end up with this mess. This film should be a lesson to all the studios. And I remember one of the people over at Fox saying they have faith in this franchise and will be using them in the future or something like that. We all know that ain't happening no more.

Bad cbms like FFINO hurt the genre. They should never be supported. You really have to understand why people were against this. Despite not being faithful to the source material, Fox failed to even reliever a good film nonetheless. Seriously, do we really deserve a CBM like FFINO in this decade?

A Youtube channel which has covered this movie extensively just released a new video, in which they point out that just a few days before Trank distanced himself from the movie, he said he was proud of it in a private email.

Nice backpedalling there,Trank.

A Youtube channel which has covered this movie extensively just released a new video, in which they point out that just a few days before Trank distanced himself from the movie, he said he was proud of it in a private email.

Nice backpedalling there,Trank.

I think we all already knew that last week. He said it was going to be better than 99% of the CBMs out there, and one of the cast members replied to him:

MT-I-dont-think-so_zpsigde9tmw.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"