Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

If Marvel makes a faithful FF movie, I will go. I heard they might be canceling The Inhumans?? That would be a shame. What a perfect vehicle for FF (and Inhumans also).
Fox ruined the movie and damaged the franchise just to keep the rights (and lose 100M in the process....serves them right).

When I first heard the Inhumans rumor, my first thought was "maybe they're shuffling things around so they can do FF and introduce the Inhumans properly", but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Still, there seem to be things happening and plans seem to be in motion regarding the MCU, so I think that at least could be good for us.

When I first heard the Inhumans rumor, my first thought was "maybe they're shuffling things around so they can do FF and introduce the Inhumans properly", but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Still, there seem to be things happening and plans seem to be in motion regarding the MCU, so I think that at least could be good for us.

Can you IMAGINE how cool it would be to have a FF movie with Inhumans? Of course, it's hard to imagine a "first" (ie THE first REAL) FF movie without maybe the coolest villain of them all....Victor Von Doom.

Domestic only but to be fair Ant-man's total domestic Box office ($178M) is still currently more than 4stic's WW gross ($164M) which is still unbelievable! :woot:

:ilv::ilv::ilv:

This is the best nugget of info, ever.

So is FFINO completely out of theatres now? What about markets like China and Asia?

It seems like this movie was just out recently. Has time passed by so quickly? I'm guessing it had a shortened run in theatres though?

Actually the sites that said FFINO was closed in USA were WRONG--as was I when I quoted them.
It's still in 131 screens pulling in $5-6 thousand a day.
At that rate in TWENTY more weeks it could cross to $57 mil--which isn't going to happen.
While Ant Man is still pulling in $25,000 per day!
Oh and they just announced that Ant Man may do $50 mil in China which only opened a few days ago in that country!!
While FFINO bombed in Japan.
Not that I'm rubbing it in.

Well yes I am apparently. LOL

Actually the sites that said FFINO was closed in USA were WRONG--as was I when I quoted them.
It's still in 131 screens pulling in $5-6 thousand a day.
At that rate in TWENTY more weeks it could cross to $57 mil--which isn't going to happen.
While Ant Man is still pulling in $25,000 per day!
Oh and they just announced that Ant Man may do $50 mil in China which only opened a few days ago in that country!!
While FFINO bombed in Japan.
Not that I'm rubbing it in.

Well yes I am apparently. LOL

Ant-Man. Ant-freakin-Man. Everything else being equal, they shouldn't even be close. Fantastic Four defined the Silver Age. It was ground-breaking and hugely popular. Ant-Man was just a goofy guy who talked to ants. When I was a kid, they weren't making Ant-Man toys. They didn't print Ant-Man T-shirts. He was a minor character that nobody paid much attention to. I can't remember anyone ever naming Ant-Man as their favorite character.

Fox sucks in ways that can't even be put into words.

Last edited:
I wish FFINO were just pulling in $5-6 a day.

How much did Catwoman make at the box office ?

Budget: $100 million

Domestic: $40,202,379
Foreign: $41,900,000

Worldwide: $82,102,379

Don't forget to consider over 10 years of inflation and the fact that Catwoman was released during a much healthier home video market.

Adjusted for inflation Catwoman did $54,315,300 domestic.

Catwoman also saw a little revenue from merchandise (there was a video game, even). Fant4stic didn't get that.

Ant-Man. Ant-freakin-Man. Everything else being equal, they shouldn't even be close. Fantastic Four defined the Silver Age. It was ground-breaking and hugely popular. Ant-Man was just a goofy guy who talked to ants. When I was a kid, they weren't making Ant-Man toys. They didn't print Ant-Man T-shirts. He was a minor character that nobody paid much attention to. I can't remember anyone ever naming Ant-Man as their favorite character.

Fox sucks in ways that can't even be put into words.

That's so sad,and I loved Ant-Man.

Well a bit of SHOCKING news. Somehow the foreign total of Ant Man exploded by about $45 MILLION. No joke.
The WW total jumped from $409 mil to $454 !!!

China likes Marvel

Well a bit of SHOCKING news. Somehow the foreign total of Ant Man exploded by about $45 MILLION. No joke.

China likes Marvel

What the frell happened? I don't even see China's numbers listed in the BOM database for Ant-Man (although with Ray Subers gone, that website went straight to heck). Certainly it couldn't have already done 45M in China. Could it????

China likes Marvel

What the frell happened? I don't even see China's numbers listed in the BOM database for Ant-Man (although with Ray Subers gone, that website went straight to heck). Certainly it couldn't have already done 45M in China. Could it????

So Ant-Man made almost as much in its opening weekend in China as FF did for its entire US run? :funny:

rcn9sg.gif

Yes, indeed. Ant Man made $44 million opening weekend in China.
What a awesome late boost for it's BO total-- to get a nearly $50 million haul 3 months after it opened in USA.

Maybe FFINO will want to open in China too and see if it can also get those numbers. :o

Maybe FFINO will want to open in China too and see if it can also get those numbers. :o

Nope.
China only allows a certain number of western films to play in their country. So, of course, the theater owners want to bring in the movies with the best chance of doing well.
FFINO was NOT chosen to play in China.
Waa-waa-waaaaaa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"