Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Let's all, again, take a moment to appreciate that Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has in it's entire domestic run.
I'm going to type that again because it's good fun: Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has made in it's entire domestic run.

Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif

Late word from several media people is that the movie isn't as bad as people are saying and may actually be a good movie!
REMEMBER THAT? That lame last minute propaganda, they tried three or four days before it opened.
Their last desperate move to try to bolster opening WE numbers.
Then trank dropped his tweet saying that the movie was no good.
Who to believe a last minute "positive whisper" campaign or the director?
LOL

Let's all, again, take a moment to appreciate that Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has in it's entire domestic run.
I'm going to type that again because it's good fun: Ant-man made more in it's opening weekend than FFINO has made in it's entire domestic run.

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

It's officially over.....9 weeks, 63 days release and a pathetic $56,051,000.
Less than the 2005 made opening weekend and less than Ant- Man made on its OW.
The cheap shameless rights grab dies the ignominious death it deserves. Sequel? X-Men crossover?
Please, take those fantasies to your shrink.

I've been on hiatus from this site for a while but had to return for this bwaaaahahaarea

Wait. $56 million was all it made? Worldwide and everything?

Wait. $56 million was all it made? Worldwide and everything?

Domestic only but to be fair Ant-man's total domestic Box office ($178M) is still currently more than 4stic's WW gross ($164M) which is still unbelievable! :woot:

The cheap shameless rights grab dies the ignominious death it deserves. Sequel? X-Men crossover?

We did guys!!! Wooohoo
victory-o.gif

This has been a great experience! :woot:

Domestic only but to be fair Ant-man's total domestic Box office ($178M) is still currently more than 4stic's WW gross ($164M) which is still unbelievable! :woot:

Just for comparison, worldwide box office numbers for other bombs:

Lone Ranger - $261 M

Pixels - $236 M

Tomorrowland - $209 M

John Carter - $284 M

Green Lantern - $220 M

This is a critical and box-office failure of EPIC proportions. Based on models I've seen, Fox's cut of the box office would be less than 45% or less than $74 million. They then owe Marvel something in the ballpark of 5-8%, so if we go with the lowest estimate of 5%, that's 8.2 M, leaving Fox with, AT MOST $66 million on the plus side. And they spent roughly $175 million on production + marketing, so they likely lost over $100 million even by the most conservative estimates.

This was a disaster, an absolute, complete and unequivocal disaster.

And take Kinberg and Millar to Arkham

Lone Ranger - $261 M

Pixels - $236 M

Tomorrowland - $209 M

John Carter - $284 M

Green Lantern - $220 M

This is a critical and box-office failure of EPIC proportions. Based on models I've seen, Fox's cut of the box office would be less than 45% or less than $74 million. They then owe Marvel something in the ballpark of 5-8%, so if we go with the lowest estimate of 5%, that's 8.2 M, leaving Fox with, AT MOST $66 million on the plus side. And they spent roughly $175 million on production + marketing, so they likely lost over $100 million even by the most conservative estimates.

People should lose their jobs over this. It is without a doubt one of the biggest bombs of all-time.

People should lose their jobs over this. It is without a doubt one of the biggest bombs of all-time.

For years fans have been saying "We don't want this movie". I don't feel sorry for a single person involved in the production of this atrocity.

ibwkUiTTuI5GPp.gif

This film's epic failure really gets me deep in my feels ya'll. For real. So epic. :cool:

This pleases me greatly, and never gets old.
Songs will be sung about this great victory.

Has there ever been any other movie where the built in fans are high fiving each other and popping champagne over the total and humiliating failure of a movie based on their beloved brand?

None that I know of. I'm sure there are similar examples, but I'm not sure if any of them would be on this scale.

It would've been nice if FFINO didn't even match Ant-Man's opening night, let alone weekend.

Lone Ranger - $261 M

Pixels - $236 M

Tomorrowland - $209 M

John Carter - $284 M

Green Lantern - $220 M

giphy.gif

Wait I just now saw this. This is absolute gold.
$100 million. They could have lost $100 million on this piece of garbage.
$175 million, is that the official number it cost them for everything? I had read the original budget was for $80 million, but after everything got Tranked, it shot up to $120 million. From what I recall that was all before marketing. But where is the $175 million you have here coming from? I hadn't heard that. Not doubting you, just curious.

To further punctuate Fox's complete mishandling of this property, I'm going to repeat what I have said since day one: the FF could, in the right hands (*cough cough Marvel*), be a $700 million dollar blockbuster.

Last edited:
$175 million, is that the official number it cost them for everything? I had read the original budget was for $80 million, but after everything got Tranked, it shot up to $120 million. From what I recall that was all before marketing. But where is the $175 million you have here coming from?

Coming from here:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/the-fantastic-four-2015

I'm sure it's just an estimate, but it's an educated estimate. "*BoxOffice.com's total budget numbers are a combination of production budget figures and estimated domestic P&A costs."

And it's interesting that they specify "domestic" costs. This particular film did a lot overseas, so the real number could even be substantially higher.

This pleases me greatly, and never gets old.
Songs will be sung about this great victory.

Has there ever been any other movie where the built in fans are high fiving each other and popping champagne over the total and humiliating failure of a movie based on their beloved brand?

Nope! In a perfect world Transformer fans and TMNT fans alike would be on that list of fans who wouldn't mind Bay being thrown out of the live action cartoon business on his ear. Fans of G.I.Joe and Last Airbender as well so just charge it to Paramount for being the "Fox-Marvel" of beloved cartoons. But unlike 4stic's owners Paramount almost always get away with it.

If Marvel makes a faithful FF movie, I will go. I heard they might be canceling The Inhumans?? That would be a shame. What a perfect vehicle for FF (and Inhumans also).
Fox ruined the movie and damaged the franchise just to keep the rights (and lose 100M in the process....serves them right).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"