I think this deserves its own thread...Josh Trank denounces Fantastic Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I were going for a young FF, I would go late twenties (27-29) to Early thirties (30-32) instead of late teens to early twenties. Maybe it's just that I'm not the kind of guy who feels that age should factor too much into adapting a character unless the age is completely left field. Then again, I'm not endorsing that my ideas of an FF movie are better.

I respect the opinions of the other fans of the 616 adaption. It's just that if I was adapting the FF as a property, I would not mind changing their age to be somewhat young. I hope I did not make any of you mad

Well if I were going for a young FF, I would go late twenties (27-29) to Early thirties (30-32) instead of late teens to early twenties.

That's the ages of the actors they cast. Don't know why they couldn't just play their ages, but Hollywood has a weird thing for teenage 30 year olds.

FOX Producer confirmed to reject H.E.R.B.I.E and Fantasticar in the movie. :(

Watts turned up her nose at geeky elements, like adding the squad's flying car or comic-relief robot H.E.R.B.I.E. She deemed Trank's ideas too scattered; he felt she wasn't getting it.

:cmad:

Uwe Boll would make it r rated with and making the team all female. Rocky boobs ftw.

Maybe, that would be at least something but I still have some sort of mental disorder from watching "alone (1% on RT) in the dark".

Only thing I really wanted to say is: I am sure that Mr Trank isn't blameless but saying anybody would've been better is overstating the case. And hindsight is always 20/20 and all that jazz.

Wow, the more I'm learning about Trank the more I'm starting to dislike him. I mean, I never cared for him really. "Chronicle" was cool though. But yeesh the dude sounds like a grade A dick.

Seeing as how it was Miles he was getting into it with, I bet it was him who said this:

I just saw this:

Trank also reportedly got into hot water with the owners of the house that he was renting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where the film was shot. ... and he allegedly defaced the owner’s family photos when he was being evicted.
WTF?

I just saw this:

WTF?

facepalm-nicolas-cage.gif

I kinda want to know how the Tranks defaced the photos. Did they rip them, spit on them, draw Hitler moustaches on them, etc.

FOX Producer confirmed to reject H.E.R.B.I.E and Fantasticar in the movie. :(

:cmad:

100% guarantee H.E.R.B.I.E. and the Fastasticar will either be in or be an Easter Egg in the MCU reboot when it gets made. There's no way Marvel doesn't do this.

I would probably die and go to geek heaven if Dr. Phineas T Horton gets another mention. :hmr:

I'd actually be shocked if a Marvel Fantastic Four production didn't use a Fantasticar of some sort. I could see them saving H.E.R.B.I.E. for a cameo in a theoretical sequel.

Shield has flying cars already in the MCU so it's not a leap that Reed could build one.

I have to side with Watts on this. Trank's ideas were scattered and unfocused and it was too much for one film.

In fact, everything that Trank did was wrong.

I kinda want to know how the Tranks defaced the photos. Did they rip them, spit on them, draw Hitler moustaches on them, etc.
He painted over them with Prince playing in the background.

He painted over them with Prince playing in the background.

I don't think Trank would even understand that reference or be able to emulate it. That was an enjoyable movie based on a comic book. Josh Trank thinks Fant4stic is better than 99% of comic book movies, therefore he must not have seen any of the good ones.

Trank just hired an attorney, I doubt interviews are in his immediate future.

As I understand it, the interview was recorded weeks ago. Smith was just releasing them in parts.

Trank seems like a massive *****e...everything I've heard and read just makes him look worse and worse by the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"