Josh Trank Thread

You made two separate, fairly negative statements about Josh Trank's position/role as director on this project.

I'll most likely be making a lot more than that in the future, so you should probably steel yourself.

1. Then if that was the point you were making, maybe you should have said that instead of insulting Trank as a director.

2. I can't make an independent point?

You made two separate, fairly negative statements about Josh Trank's position/role as director on this project. I responded with a point that came to mind. My response entails that I understand that relatively few directors have pure creative control.

And how is anything I said in my previous post defending the film itself, let alone "blindly"?

Only 2???? wow....

I don't believe money has anything to do with this, I think it is all PURE EGO on his part. If it were money, he would realize that bringing on the fans of the comic as your strong base for the moviegoers is your smartest move to make the most money. He has gone totally opposite of that...

This post just reminds me of Max Landis who also worked on Chronicle. That guy has an obnoxious ego also.

Trank's just a yes man, like Brett Ratner before him. He's got one film under his belt, no way is he calling the creative shots on this project by himself. He's nothing more than a lackey.

Don't forget Marc Webb.

Chronicle was decent and not great and certainly not the d@mn direction that the F4 should go in. He wan't to be original then create and develop your own characters. Don't screw with an established property and alter it and say I wanted to do a different take. It's not your to do a different take on. Its like Trnk or any director that does this is disrespecting the source material. Would you want some one with Trank's mentality getting a hold of say a Harry Potter then saying he don't feel the books worked so he's going to deliver his take on the history and characters. Certainly not. Adapting and making changes for the big screen is a must but doing it for no other reason then you can, to be cheap or to think you have a better vision is disrespectful. It's the problems I have with the Xmen films and Singer's and Fox's take on the entire X universe.

Well I don't know if it's legit or not, but thank you for reviving this thread. It helps remind me I wasn't born a Trank hater. Fox and Trank turned me into a Trank hater. :funny:

See, this is the problem with Trank, if that is indeed him. He goes on the internet and posts stuff unprofessionally just as if he's any other random poster on a forum. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is him, because he did this sort of thing on Twitter before. I bet if he visited SHH he would get into a flame war with some of the posters here too. Then we'll eventually see under his username:

Josh Trank
Probationary ban - I shall return in a few days.

See, this is the problem with Trank, if that is indeed him. He goes on the internet and posts stuff unprofessionally just as if he's any other random poster on a forum. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is him, because he did this sort of thing on Twitter before. I bet if he visited SHH he would get into a flame war with some of the posters here too. Then we'll eventually see under his username:

Josh Trank
Probationary ban - I shall return in a few days.

:funny:

That's the thing. Even if this is complete BS, we already know Trank is an unprofessional loser from his confirmed Twitter account.

And now he's on Twitter basically saying "Those childish rants aren't me. . . only these childish rants are me."

If people could keep it civil, I would want Josh Trank on here. I just want to know exactly what this film is going to be like.

If people could keep it civil, I would want Josh Trank on here. I just want to know exactly what this film is going to be like.

I'm sure Fox and Fox's lawyers would never let him post here as himself.

But he doesn't have to come here. He could tell us about the film on Twitter. That's what's so frustrating. Even with everything we know at this point, I could be won over with some genuine enthusiasm from the director.

But he doesn't seem to want to mention the film. It's all about him and he's showing us he's not a very interesting person. Just a run-of-the-mill internet troll.

But he doesn't have to come here. He could tell us about the film on Twitter. That's what's so frustrating. Even with everything we know at this point, I could be won over with some genuine enthusiasm from the director.

But he doesn't seem to want to mention the film. It's all about him and he's showing us he's not a very interesting person. Just a run-of-the-mill internet troll.

Compare that to any other director in this day and age who love showing set photos and doing interviews. Apparently, he also hates conventions. I'm not sure if he even gets how PR works.

Trank is D00M :wow:

Even if people could keep it civil, I bet he couldn't, because he'd take the criticism personally and would probably start insulting posters and swearing.

Trank is D00M :wow:

Even if people could keep it civil, I bet he couldn't, because he'd take the criticism personally and would probably start insulting posters and swearing.

Sadly, you're probably right. Nobody knows how to market a film like Josh Trank. Even if the film turns out well, studios won't want to work with Trank.

Thanks for the nightmares tonight...

Same. At this point it's clear that Fox is hiding this movie. They have a terrible marketing department but this is ridiculous.

Wow. Don't be too positive guys.

What is there to be positive about? Because I don't see anything.
There is however so much to be negative about that it almost requires a full time job to keep track of it all! The ongoing problems are so many and so diverse that I need summaries like these just to keep up with the most important happenings!

I've been lurking and following this production on and off, and everything that has gone down with Circus Trank just boggles the mind - it is simply staggering.

Last edited:
What is there to be positive about? Because I don't see anything.
There is however so much to be negative about that it almost requires a full time job to keep track of it all! The ongoing problems are so many and so diverse that I need summaries like these just to keep up with the most important happenings!

I've been lurking and following this production on and off, and everything that has gone down with Circus Trank just boggles the mind - it is simply staggering.

That was a nice summation. I enjoyed that video.

Yeah, that video provides a pretty nice summary, it's been making the rounds on the imdb and other places.

It also just got a follow-up, detailing the further misadventures of Josh Trank.
For which I am grateful, because holy crap!!! I wasn't aware of half of those things!

That's as bad or worse than Uwe Boll's recent rant!

The further misadventures of Josh Trank sounds like a more interesting movie than FFINO. Of course, it sounds more like a sequel, so the first one should simply be the misadventures of Josh Trank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"