• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

If a Deadpool film was made...

of course it is supposed to be funny. you tell me a character with a belt singing YMCA is not supposed to be funny? have you ever read Deadpool?
his past is tragic, but he make a joke of everything in his present. Deadpool is about action and comedy, and that's how his movies are supposed to be.

of course it is supposed to be funny. you tell me a character with a belt singing YMCA is not supposed to be funny? have you ever read Deadpool?
his past is tragic, but he make a joke of everything in his present. Deadpool is about action and comedy, and that's how his movies are supposed to be.

Did you even read my post? If everyone and everything was goofy and funny than Deadpool is status quo. If you have an intense action thriller with a crazy funny leading character, you get Deadpool.

You are worried about his past taking away from the comedy. Why? His past is tragic. His present is still tragic. The character is funny. Deadpool foils with the universe.

You seem to think there is only one possible genre for every movie.

Last edited:
Anyone who says there's no drama in Deadpool has obviously never read Deadpool. There are several times in Cable & Deadpool that I can think of where he calms down and has serious moments. True, he then follows them up with his usual craziness, but it's there. He's a tragic character who's so insane that you laugh along with him at the ridiculousness of everything going on with him.

Anyone who says there's no drama in Deadpool has obviously never read Deadpool. There are several times in Cable & Deadpool that I can think of where he calms down and has serious moments. True, he then follows them up with his usual craziness, but it's there. He's a tragic character who's so insane that you laugh along with him at the ridiculousness of everything going on with him.

Agreed. A great example of this is "A murder in paradise". It is one of the funniest comics i have ever, ever read. But in the end it is quite heartbreaking [BLACKOUT]when Cable, his friend, has no choice other than to kick him out.[/BLACKOUT]

I love deadpool, but we all do realize even though he's in the upcoming Wolverine movie he probably won't have more than 30 minutes of screen time and then all the non-comic fans will forget about him and just remember its Ryan Reynolds. I don't get why people are in support of a movie for this character I know he is popular, but outside comic fans no one knows who he is. if this movie does get made do to the success of wolverine it will probably turn out bad and unfaithful to the character. and no one will really know what the hell it is outside of comic fans. don't forget studios push agendas. think about all the character FOX has messed up and do you guys still want a deadpool movie?

No one outside of comics knew who Blade or Punisher was either, they have both got 3 films. Blade 1 and 2 were pretty good as well. Use your loaf before you make stupid comments yea?

And WHEN they make a Deadpool movie it should definitely NOT be a pg-13/12a. Deadpool is the definition of no compromises, the film should reflect that.

Last edited:
He had one in the 60's, and a very short lived one in the early 90's. It only lasted about 2 seasons, and went pretty much direct to syndication. He may have also been in that awful Avengers animated series, but I don't remember for sure.

He had one in the 60's, and a very short lived one in the early 90's. It only lasted about 2 seasons, and went pretty much direct to syndication. He may have also been in that awful Avengers animated series, but I don't remember for sure.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

But what it comes down to is that it doesn't matter one iota if DP isn't well known by people other than comic fans. Ryan Reynolds will be the star, that will garner interest much the same way Wesley Snipes garnered interest for Blade.

...a joke about how he'd like to boink Scarlett Johansson would be essential.

...a joke about how he'd like to boink Scarlett Johansson would be essential.

Or..........

"What the hell has happened to the Olson twins? Why are they now skinny little coke head ****es?"

Twin katanas, Twin submachine guns, grenades, and teleporting device has to be in it.

And WHEN they make a Deadpool movie it should definitely NOT be a pg-13/12a. Deadpool is the definition of no compromises, the film should reflect that.

I don't see why people seem so preoccupied with giving Deadpool (along with other action movies) an R rating. It seems that you can get away with a lot these days with a PG-13 rating. Just look at The Dark Knight. In my opinion, that degree of violence is enough for a Deadpool movie. He's all about the guns and blowing stuff up, and less so about the gore, after all.

I don't see why people seem so preoccupied with giving Deadpool (along with other action movies) an R rating. It seems that you can get away with a lot these days with a PG-13 rating. Just look at The Dark Knight. In my opinion, that degree of violence is enough for a Deadpool movie. He's all about the guns and blowing stuff up, and less so about the gore, after all.

Errrrrrr.........katanas, sais and knives are big part of his arsenal as well. You can't have some one using swords and not have blood, it will just look stupid. And it's not just the violence, it's his humour as well. Deadpool comics are one of a rare few where he regulary curses, obviously in the comics they come out like "*#*#" or whatever.

A deadpool film will have to be a lot more violent than TDK. IMO TDK wasn't even that violent, the only really violent thing in it was when Joker stabbed those two blokes getting up from the pool table, and that was so quick you could blink and miss it. Same with the magic trick.

Agreed. A great example of this is "A murder in paradise". It is one of the funniest comics i have ever, ever read. But in the end it is quite heartbreaking [blackout]when Cable, his friend, has no choice other than to kick him out.[/blackout]

Is that the one when Deadpool doesnt remember killing the well known fugitive who came to Providence but he figured out that he was the only one who could.

Did you even read my post?
yeah, and you seem to think that Wade and Deadpool are split personalities like Bruce Wayne and Batman are.
his whole life is tragic, but he never takes himself seriously, he never takes anything seriously. if you mash his past and present in the movie, you'll have a subtle change of the tone, because they won't be stupid enough to make comedy out of Deadpool's past.
If you have an intense action thriller with a crazy funny leading character, you get Deadpool.
yeah...what I already said:
Deadpool is about action and comedy, and that's how his movies are supposed to be.
I don't mean to take the drama away, I mean to take his past away, "his origins in full detail" like was suggested by mr. pleasant.

You are worried about his past taking away from the comedy.
have you ever read a Deadpool comic, for God's sake?
try to imagine Sabertooth killing Deadpool's lover, Deadpool crying for her while she is in his arms, then the movie comes to present and we suddenly start to have comedy and Deadpool doing the stupid things he does. "Who is this guy?"

You seem to think there is only one possible genre for every movie.
don't pretend to know what I think. you don't.
of course there will be moments of drama. I'm not rulling it out of his movie, for those who didn't understand, like when Cable and Deadpool are talking in a bar. I'm talking about his origins, his tragic past, his losses. this is too tragic and sad to be mashed with a movie that is supposed to be an action comedy flick. Wolverine is not this kind of movie, so Wade's origins would be more proper there. then, in a Deadpool movie, we have Wade Wilson already stablished as the Merc With a Mouth.

Last edited:
yeah, and you seem to think that Wade and Deadpool are split personalities like Bruce Wayne and Batman are.
his whole life is tragic, but he never takes himself seriously, he never takes anything seriously. if you mash his past and present in the movie, you'll have a subtle change of the tone, because they won't be stupid enough to make comedy out of Deadpool's past.yeah...what I already said:I don't mean to take the drama away, I mean to take his past away, "his origins in full detail" like was suggested by mr. pleasant.

I love Deadpool and read many of his comics. They are not split personalities, but Deadpool was assumingly once a sane person before Weapon X which is who I was referring to as Wade Wilson.

have you ever read a Deadpool comic, for God's sake?
try to imagine Sabertooth killing Deadpool's lover, Deadpool crying for her while she is in his arms, then the movie comes to present and we suddenly start to have comedy and Deadpool doing the stupid things he does. "Who is this guy?"

Im beginning to question if you have. There is a simple way or balancing genres like I have said from the beginning. Just cause theres a bunch iof jokes doesnt mean the movie's drama gets watered down. The fact that Deadpool does stupid things is his character and he should be the only stupid person. The supporting cast acts accordingly questioning his actions thus alleviating any confusion because obviously what he is doing is depicted as not normal.

don't pretend to know what I think. you don't.
of course there will be moments of drama. I'm not rulling it out of his movie, for those who didn't understand, like when Cable and Deadpool are talking in a bar. I'm talking about his origins, his tragic past, his losses. this is too tragic to be mashed with a movie that is supposed to be an action comedy flick. Wolverine is not this kind of movie, so Wade's origins would be more proper there. then, in a Deadpool movie, we have Wade Wilson already stablished as the Merc With a Mouth.

You must not have seen Lethal Weapon.

Just because they show his origin in Wolvie doesnt mean it goes away. They'll reference back to it if the Deadpool movie starts with him established as a merc. All this tragedy has led to his insanity which has led to the brand of humor in the comics. It should work the same way in the movies.

Last edited:
I love Deadpool and read many of his comics. They are not split personalities, but Deadpool was assumingly once a sane person before Weapon X which is who I was referring to as Wade Wilson.
I know, that's why I put the "Who is this guy" in my last post. it's a subtle change if you're having past and present in his movie.

Im beginning to question if you have. There is a simple way or balancing genres like I have said from the beginning. Just cause theres a bunch iof jokes doesnt mean the movie's drama gets watered down.
I knoooooooooow!!!!!! that's what I've been trying to tell you here:
I don't mean to take the drama away, I mean to take his past away, "his origins in full detail" like was suggested by mr. pleasant.
and here:
of course there will be moments of drama. I'm not rulling it out of his movie, for those who didn't understand
The fact that Deadpool does stupid things is his character
what I've been saying since the beginning
and he should be the only stupid person. The supporting cast acts accordingly questioning his actions thus alleviating any confusion because obviously what he is doing is depicted as not normal.
I know, I didn't say the contrary.

You must not have seen Lethal Weapon.

Just because they show his origin in Wolvie doesnt mean it goes away. They'll reference back to it if the Deadpool movie starts with him established as a merc. All this tragedy has led to his insanity which has led to the brand of humor in the comics. It should work the same way in the movies.
now you're changing the subject.
me and mr.pleasant were talking about having "his origins in full detail" in his own movie, which I said is a bad move. but references are inevitable, and I'm totally fine with that. his origins should be in Wolverine, then, in his movie, he is already the crazy Merc With a Mouth, but to have references about his past, like those when he was talking with Cable in a bar, are no problem.

But you keep saying that his tragic past takes away his comedic present which is untrue, his tragic past has directly created his comedic present. So whether or not the origins should be shown in full do not matter. They can coincide very easily.

Yea, you keep saying you dont want to take the drama out but you clearly contradict yourself when you say that (paraphrasing) that the drama of his past doesnt work with his brand of humor. The fact that the movie shouldnt be a comedy (just the character should be funny) means his past won't be or shouldn't be made light of

Last edited:
no man, what I said is that his tragic past takes away the tone of the movie. first you have a sane Deadpool, suffering all kinds of horrible things, losing his lover and crying for her, then you have a insane Deadpool making us laugh. it's a really different change in the tone of the movie. Wolerine movie will be already like that, so Wade's origins would be more proper there. it is according with the tone of the movie.

no man, what I said is that his tragic past takes away the tone of the movie. first you have a sane Deadpool, suffering all kinds of horrible things, losing his lover and crying for her, then you have a insane Deadpool making us laugh. it's a really different change in the tone of the movie. Wolerine movie will be already like that, so Wade's origins would be more proper there. it is according with the tone of the movie.

yea, I get that, and I disagree.

I don't think his tragic past will take away from the movie. I think it could make it quite interesting. It could be a skew on the standard superhero origin story, a completely ****ed up one. Let's face it, what happened to him when he was in the "workshop" with Dr Killbrew and The Attending was brutal, more so than most other superheros. That is part of the character, that is Deadpool. You can't just leave out what made the character who he is.

And that's what funny in a morbid way. This guy has been completely pissed on by life, but he's hilarious. I think he is anyway.

you won't leave it out. just put it in the Wolverine movie.

I really doubt we'll get much of Deadpools tragic story in a Movie that is about Wolverine. They can maybe hint at it, but explore it further in his own Spin-off movie.

I really doubt we'll get much of Deadpools tragic story in a Movie that is about Wolverine. They can maybe hint at it, but explore it further in his own Spin-off movie.

It shouldnt be explored extensively and not because its not funny but because Deadpool's memory is as bad as Wolvie if not more selective. It should be in bits and pieces (which if done well could be scarier than actually seeing it and helps to vaguely get the violence of his past if they decide to go PG-13) because the concept of Deadpool possibly not being the real Wade Wilson and T-Ray, his Sabertooth analog who claims to be the real Wade, would be one of the main bad guys.

The way I see a Deadpool movie is DP as a working merc hired to kill someone but screws up and ends up on everybodies radar including Weapon X who sends a bunch of people after him to bring him back in. Those characters would be T-Ray (Sabertooth analog), Slayback and Sluggo (2 Weapon X rejects), Copycat (Wade's shapeshifting on again off again girlfriend), and Taskmaster (just to spotlight Deadpool's insanity which is his greatest weapon against Tasky's photoreflexes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"