If Fox Announces Another F4 Film at SDCC...

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
There are rumors floating around that Fox is on the verge of attempting their third reboot of Fantastic Four. With 6 unnamed Marvel films to be announced it's quite likely that one of them could be F4.

So IF that happens...
I would hope every person in attendance would boo them out of Hall H. Don't let up to let them explain. "How we hear your concerns..." or they "actually care this time". Just boo until they leave. That is all. Thank you. Thoughts?

At this point I don't think they'd care if everyone booed. After failing numerous times you'd think they'd just give up but I think they're just scared Marvel might use them infinitely better. After seeing how Daredevil, Punisher and Ghost Ridee turned out they don't wanna look like fools.

Does anyone ever get booed at Comic-Con?

They have to announce JJ Abrams or Chris Nolan as the director of the new FF for it not to be booed

If they announce it it'll be sneaky. Like, among a bunch of other titles from their slate [on the screen]. Probably hiding behind X-Force or somethin'.

This is a great idea. If you think that won't matter, think again. Nothing gets booed at these conventions...a project getting booed off the stage would make worldwide news headlines.

This is a great idea. If you think that won't matter, think again. Nothing gets booed at these conventions...a project getting booed off the stage would make worldwide news headlines.

It absolutely would. It'd be on every FB feed and a mega meme.

They have to announce JJ Abrams or Chris Nolan as the director of the new FF for it not to be booed

Fox would have to be serious about investing money in this thing if this were to happen.

If Fox decides they're going to make another FF film, you can bet they won't make the official announcement in front of a live audience.

They'll probably just release a statement online... on a Friday night. And they'll lead up to that by releasing rumors prior to that so fans can get it out of their system. They'll hope we'll be like beaten dogs by the time the official announcement comes out.

... but we won't. :woot:

There HAS to be a project in the long history of SDCC and comparable conventions that got booed somewhere...
where's all the fanboy rage when you need it?

Unless its a pro Fox FF crowd present. Then I would expect cheers from all 6 of them.

For what it's worth, announcing either of these guys would be a dissapointment. Abrams is basically a hack (I hate plot holes) and Nolan has never made a film with a tone anything like what FF should have.

There HAS to be a project in the long history of SDCC and comparable conventions that got booed somewhere...
where's all the fanboy rage when you need it?

Under normal circumstances, a studio would only ever announce a film that fans want. Why would a studio (other than Fox with the FF) ever announce a film fans didn't want?

So FF would be unprecedented. It would be the first time a studio announced a film that most fans didn't want.

Under normal circumstances, a studio would only ever announce a film that fans want. Why would a studio (other than Fox with the FF) ever announce a film fans didn't want?

So FF would be unprecedented. It would be the first time a studio announced a film that most fans didn't want.
well, I didn't want Snyder to make another DC movie after MoS, still, they announced BvS at SDCC. I know I booed at home in front of the live ticker that minute.

Studios can misjudge the audiences wishes (or else there wouldn't be bad movies), they certainly can misjudge fans wishes when it comes to projects. So it is only a matter of time until they announce something they might think is what fans want but is actually the opposite.

Statistically it should have happend already.

I don't remember, was there really booing for that?

Were people wanting Norton back or something?

Nobody would go to a Fox panel announcing a new FF film anyway.

Were people wanting Norton back or something?

Yep. Little did they know how quickly Norton's Banner would be forgotten by the majority of the filmgoing public come May 2012.

To be fair, RDJ did announce Ruffalo with the line, "Reprising the role of Bruce Banner, Mark Ruffalo."

Then as director I would definitely go with JJ Abrams

Maybe go with Whedon, he seems to go where the wind takes him. Blow hard enough and I'm sure he'll turn up.

Last edited:
If Fox decides to reboot this once again, I'll wait to see who the creative team is behind it, and what their vision for the film is.

If the rumors are true and the film focuses on the children of Reed and Sue, then I have zero interest. You need to get the Fantastic Four right before jumping into **** like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"