If Fox Announces Another F4 Film at SDCC...

99% negotiating tactic. The Franklin/Valeria rumor apparently got them nothing from Marvel so they try this. There was an article after FFINO from the Hollywood Reporter IIRC where they pointed out that doing a reboot after the kind of loss Fox suffered has never happened before. And Rupert Murdoch did not become a billionaire by doing stupid things that no one else has ever done.

True, and while they may not have made a "Doctor Doom" film yet, he was featured in all three of the previous, disappointing films.

I think that's going to be a hard sell to Fox management particularly with the response from people like us since the announcement.

Nobody can point to us and say: "See! They may not want an FF film, but they really want a Doctor Doom film!"

I'm not altogether shocked that a gathering of Legion watchers would be ok with the announcement of a Doctor Doom solo flick. X-Men fans are usually super supportive of efforts to keep the FF out of the MCU. Mr. Hawley may have gotten a different response if he announced it after the Infinity War teaser.

I'm not altogether shocked that a gathering of Legion watchers would be ok with the announcement of a Doctor Doom solo flick. X-Men fans are usually super supportive of efforts to keep the FF out of the MCU. Mr. Hawley may have gotten a different response if he announced it after the Infinity War teaser.

Yep. I also suspect it took people off-guard too much for them to react. If I had been there and heard him say "Fantastic Four", the boo would have come out of my mouth instantaneously. If I heard "Doctor Doom", there would be enough of pause as my brain processed it that by the time I got around to booing it would have been too late.

I think a self contained Fox produced Dr. Doom movie is pretty silly, but not as silly as Sony toying with the idea of giving Mysterio his own movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"