If Fox Announces Another F4 Film at SDCC...

LOL, you guys think Abrams or even Whedon would waste their time with yet another FF reboot at Fox?
I was being sarcastic. I think both are too smart and know what the score is regarding these franchises. Hard no from both.

They have to announce JJ Abrams or Chris Nolan as the director of the new FF for it not to be booed

it will still be booed off whenever Fox announce a FF movie. Regardless of director.

A soft reboot like Incredible Hulk or Spider-man Homecoming
Origin stories are getting fatigued

I'd rather see a Thing solo film. Start there, then maybe if it's successful then have a Torch film. If that works then the group.

Only use FF villains/adversaries.

I'd rather see a Thing solo film. Start there, then maybe if it's successful then have a Torch film. If that works then the group.

Only use FF villains/adversaries.

There was rumor during the FFINO debacle that the FF contract only renews with the production of a team film. Anyhoo, a Thing or Torch solo without first establishing the FF sounds about as appealing as a Venom solo or a Silver Sable & Black Cat team up flick.

There was rumor during the FFINO debacle that the FF contract only renews with the production of a team film.

I REALLY hope this is true. When the Franklin/Valeria rumor came out I started worrying: "What if they can keep the rights by doing anything? What if they decide to just make a Dragon-Man film or something?"

I hope there's something in the contract that prevents them from keeping the rights by just making any film with any characters.

I feel confident they won't make another FF film, but I'm nervous about the possibilities if they have too much freedom.

Honestly, I'd just start laughing so hard.

I don't see it happening, but Fox needs to give up with FF. Let it go back to Marvel and Fox can concentrate on X-Men stuff.

They have to announce JJ Abrams or Chris Nolan as the director of the new FF for it not to be booed

They won't make it that far if they say "We're making F4 again with JJ/Chris"

Only way they get a pass if they do is by stating this way . . .

"In a first of it's kind deal for Fox studios, we're teaming up with Marvel Studios to bring you F4"

Another stand alone outside MCU is going to get blasted. . . .

Hmm.. so what does a solo Thing movie look like?

he'd have to be on screen for most of the film, and if he was CGI-abetted, then I guess that would be more expensive.

Yeah I guess the only way people are gonna be excited about FF again is that they hand it back to Marvel Studios.

They won't make it that far if they say "We're making F4 again with JJ/Chris"

Only way they get a pass if they do is by stating this way . . .

"In a first of it's kind deal for Fox studios, we're teaming up with Marvel Studios to bring you F4"

Another stand alone outside MCU is going to get blasted. . . .

True, but it's not just a matter of fans not even giving it a chance with a director of that caliber.

The reality is a director of that caliber would never be foolish enough to wade into that swamp. Tom Hanks makes great films for a reason and it's only partly because of his acting talent. The real advantage he has is he can take the best of 1000 offers and he chooses wisely. And top-shelf directors have that same advantage and wouldn't touch a Fox FF effort with a 10 foot pole.

And even if Fox could get a top-level director liquored up enough to consider it, Fox would never pay them what they would request or give them the budget they would need, so there's zero chance of Fox ever announcing an FF film with a first-rate director.

^ Completely agree. The property is toxic beyond just fans questioning it.

I think the only way they get someone of anything above straight to DVD caliber is both money and the promise of something like it being in the MCU to increase the property's credibility.

^ Completely agree. The property is toxic beyond just fans questioning it.

I think the only way they get someone of anything above straight to DVD caliber is both money and the promise of something like it being in the MCU to increase the property's credibility.

I would love to ask a bunch of directors:

1. Would you like to make an FF film for Fox?

and

2. Would you like to make an FF film for Marvel?

I think the contrast would be dramatic. Directors would be excited and lining up to do it for Marvel while not wanting to touch it at Fox.

They should just announce another movie with the X-Men'z original cast.

Speaking of the original FF film, saw a photo of Julian McMahon the other day for first time in ages. He looks like he's turning into his own waxwork.

Julian+McMahon+6th+AACTA+International+Awards+6Mj5kR0t_5Wl.jpg

Speaking of the original FF film, saw a photo of Julian McMahon the other day for first time in ages. He looks like he's turning into his own waxwork.

Julian+McMahon+6th+AACTA+International+Awards+6Mj5kR0t_5Wl.jpg

:funny:

If you told me you took that photo at Madame Tussauds, I honestly couldn't argue with you.

It's weird...its Fox's lineup I most want to see out of SDCC this year because I want to see if any F4 news is announced as one of the 6 Marvel dates they have reserved...I know that Marvel Studios lineup will be the usual success so no worries there...I just want to see officially if Fox is going to screw the fans over and over and over and over again....

It's weird...its Fox's lineup I most want to see out of SDCC this year because I want to see if any F4 news is announced as one of the 6 Marvel dates they have reserved...I know that Marvel Studios lineup will be the usual success so no worries there...I just want to see officially if Fox is going to screw the fans over and over and over and over again....

I think the chances of Fox or Marvel announcing FF are both close to zero.

I'm finding myself hoping their next X-Films will be great so they'll forget all about FF... but that puts me in the position of putting my faith in Simon Kinberg...

yYWN7_s-200x150.gif

Fox should abandon the Fantastic Four and instead put their money in a Fox Force Five movie.

I don't think Fox will announce those 6 movies this year. They still have Deadpool 2,New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. So the uncertainity is probably going to kill us for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"