If you could rewrite history as far as the DCEU

For kind of a big picture question, with all this assumption that the movies should have been in phases with a lot of movies per phase as well as sequels per character and also team, how would you try to make the movies and overall universe not be, and not be perceived as being, either too similar or too different from the MCU? And how would you try to avoid likelihood of burnout between having so many both in the series and with the MCU films also still being released?

For kind of a big picture question, with all this assumption that the movies should have been in phases with a lot of movies per phase as well as sequels per character and also team, how would you try to make the movies and overall universe not be, and not be perceived as being, either too similar or too different from the MCU? And how would you try to avoid likelihood of burnout between having so many both in the series and with the MCU films also still being released?

Simple: I'd ignore those issues as being important in the first place. Being "too similar" to the MCU won't matter *if the movies are actually good*. Likewise, there won't be any 'burnout' *if the movies are good*. To the extent either of those are potential problems, their severity is and always has been greatly exaggerated. The whole "but we can't just copy the MCU" objection has always seemed especially silly, since literally the entire industry has been eagerly doing just that. Its more a PR move to try and ensure that the movie execs don't have to share credit, and face, with rival studios.

I suppose you could say I technically wouldnt rewrite it at all. I would have just let Mr. Snyder release his visions as originally intended.

Man of Steel, Batman V Superman (Extended cut), Justice League (Snyder cut).

I know some are still not a fan of the series and thats fine. But I feel the Extended cuts and snyder cut was better received vs the theatrical cuts. Again, I know not everyone liked them, but feel the overall reaction was better with those versions.

To go back to the beginning I wouldn't have hired Snyder to direct MOS, and at the very least brought someone in to do a rewrite on Goyer's script. Maybe Jonah Nolan if he was down. But beyond that I think they should've honed in on Superman first, committing to a solo trilogy ala TDKT to fully establish a cinematic Clark Kent as a bedrock upon which they could build out the larger DC universe. Because he really is, or ought to be, the lynchpin of everything. Probably the most important character for them to get right. It's a similar analogue to the MCU's Tony Stark but it's even larger, more significant. Not bringing Batman or Wonder Woman in until he was fully built, instead of rushing into the JL like they did.

The studio reached out to Guillermo del Toro but he was interested in Pacific Rim instead. Feel like some of the jaeger stuff could have been incorporated into Krypton.

Just try to do their own universe, and don't rush it like they did before.

I would say that another good option would've been not hiring Zack Snyder because even if i like some of his films, he is a polarizing director with a style that doesn't fit well with characters like Superman.

Man of Steel, 2012 Superman vs Zod
The Batman, 2013 Dark Knight returns
Man of Steel Part 2, 2013 Superman vs Lex Luthor/Bizzaro
Wonder Woman, 2014 Diana vs Ares
Worlds Finest, 2014 Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman team up to take on Brainaic
Green Lantern, 2015 Origin Hal Jordan Vs Sinestro and the Manhunters

Suicide Squad, 2016 Amanda Waller uses super villains' as a blackops team to bring down the Joker
The Batman Part 2, 2016 Under the Redhood
Flash 2016 Origin, Flash vs Captain Cold
Aquaman 2017 Origin, Aquaman vs Black Manta
Justice League 2017 The Dominators, arrives on earth forcing the worlds superheroes to band together to stop the invitation.
Green Lantern part 2 (Green Lanterns) 2017 Hal Jordan and new GL, John Stewart, lead a team that takes down War World and imprison the planets ruler Mongul. After this Hal is angered when the guardians transfer him to a training deployment and not returning him to earth as he thought. Instead Stewart is sent to earth with Katma Tui assigned to complete his training. While Mongul is held by the guardians he is able to call to the Yellow Ring that Sinestro used and break out, taking with him all the prisoners. Mongul goes to the weaponiers and makes them forge more rings for his army of Yellow Lanterns. After the escape the guardians recall all the Lanterns to Oa to fend off an attack. Hal is contacted while on his way to Oa and told that Mongul has shown up on earth and is attacking Coast City. Hal disobeys orders and heads to Earth with the trainees. once there he fights his way to Mongul and with the help of the trainees is able to repel the Yellow Lanterns but is unable to save the city or Katma Tui whose ring finds a new wearing; Guy Gardner. In the end war is declared on the Yellow Lanterns.

Suicide Squad Part 2 2018 Salvations Run
Shazam 2018 Origin
Flash Part 2 2018 The Flash of Two Worlds
Aquaman Part 2 2019 Throne of Atlantis
The Batman Part 3 2019 Batman must protect his son Damian from a rouge faction of the LOA
Wonder Woman Part 2 2019 Based on challenge of the Gods, pitting Diana against the villain Cheetah
Trinity (Crisis on Earth 2) 2020 Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman team up with the Flash of Earth 2 to save his world from the invaders from Earth 3.

Flash part 3 2020 The Flash must stop a new Speedster, the Reverse Flash, that has come from the future. Once Reverse Flash is returned to the future the Flash returns to the present day only to find its all changed. Now without his powers and with his mother alive Barry Allen must find help in a world at war without a Justice League.
Shazam Part 2 2020 Black Adam
Batman: Tower of Babel 2020 Batman's files on the JL are used against them while the people of the world are attacked using their language centers with a specially-designed tower to generate a low-level sonic signal which causes written language to be scrambled into total nonsense. As all this happens Batman must track down his son, Damian, who has been kidnapped, with the help of Jason Todd.
Suicide Squad part 3 2021 The Janus Directive
Green Lantern part 3 2021 The Lantern war has come to an end with Hal Jordan killing Mongul. This act bring Hal into conflict with his fellow Corp members and the guardians. Hal is soon forced out of the Corp. Later Hal returns now going by the name Parallax and attacks the Corp laying waste to all who stand in his way. Ganthet forges a new ring and goes to earth where he give it to a new Lantern; Kyle Rayner. Rayner must now train with former Lanterns Stewart and Gardner so that he can take on Parallax before he can rewrite history.
Justice League Crisis Part 1 2021
Justice League Crisis Part 2 2022

I’ve been in love with DC universe since I was young. I was happy to see Zack Snyder taking the helm back during Man of Steel and BvS. After watching them I felt disappointed, as many did, and thought I could do a better job.

Superman: Up, Up and Away! (2024)

I would go for a blend of the happy-go-lucky Christopher Reeve Superman and Cavill’s darker version of Superman. The main villain would be Lobo and would have Lex Luthor as a background character/villain. It would open with Clark moving to Metropolis and getting his job at the Daily Planet. Then, while on his way to work, sees a kid going to be hit by a car and he uses his powers to save him. He realizes he can do more and he becomes Superman. Next, it would show him saving the day all across the world. Making an even bigger name for himself, an undisclosed client hires Lobo to take him out. Superman defeats Lobo and demands answers, to which Lobo uses a flash grenade and escapes. Superman is deemed the hero of heroes and the film closes with him flying towards the sun to regain power.

Lobo; Season One (2024)

This will close the year. Lobo needs to take up a new contract with the same client to repay him. He must steel an encrypted file from the vaults of Thanagar. This will introduce Hawkman and Hawkwoman (changing her name slightly) and set them up to come back later in this universe.

Batman: Knightfall; Part I (2025)

Batman, experienced but still young, has to face his greatest foe yet. It opens with Batman catching a crazed cannibal named Cornelius Stirk. While hunting him down, someone lands a full assault on Arkham Asylum. Batman catches the cannibal and heads there immediately. In this universe his main villains, besides the Joker and Harley, haven’t been created yet. So he fights through a ton of c-list villains like the Condiment King, Humpty Dumpty and the Clock King. He checks on the Joker, who has his own wing at the Asylum, and finds him still in his cell. The attack ends and the one who started it can’t be found. He interrogates the Joker, who reveals that the masked man came here for to talk to him. Azrael, an agent of Batman, contacts him after finding a new gang moving into Gotham. Batman investigates and finds out who the man who attacked Arkham is, Bane. After one long night, Batman returns home and is attacked by Bane, who knows Batman’s identity. He cripples Batman and the movie ends.

Batman: Knightfall; Part II (2025)

Bruce slowly recovers and has Azrael take his place for awhile. This movie will be about his recovery and Azrael ruining his name. At the end, Bruce suits up again and takes down Azrael, who relied too much on his tech.

The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (2025)

A brighter film that takes a look at what Barry loves. He takes on his usual rogues like Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master and the Trickster. This film won’t have a serious villain and will be about Barry having a fun time with his powers and his life. Barry will be a Forensic Scientist at CCPD and will know a detective named John Jones.

Lobo; Season Two (2025)

Lobo takes on a new contract from a someone else, a human from Earth, Vandal Savage. Lobo is hired to steal an artifact from Metron. Lobo steals the object, which turns out to be the Phantom Zone Projector. He is stopped by a Green Lantern, Kilowog. He defeats the Green Lantern and flees. He gives Savage the projector and receives another contract from his previous client, finally being revealed as Brainiac.

Superman: Last Son (2026)

Superman returns and his sequel opens with him confronting a jumper, talking her down from the roof. He is confronted by John Jones, a CCPD detective, who reveals himself as a martian. The two form an alliance after General Zod, recently released from the Phantom Zone, attacks the President of the U.S. Towards the end they defeat Zod and his small army and Martian Manhunter looks into how he got to Earth.

Wonder Woman: Origins (2026)

I’m getting tired so to keep it simple, it’s a rehash of Wonder Woman’s origin.

Lobo; Season Three (2026)

Lobo has to steal an energy source for Brainiac, he realizes what he plans to do with it. Having somewhat of a heart he tries to fight Brainiac and is defeated, and locked up along with many other aliens from all different races.

Justice League: Invasion (2027)

This story all of the heroes come together, Superman, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Batman, the Flash, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. They fight against Brainiac’s invasion of Earth and even free all of the aliens he has captured. Lobo joins them in fighting Brainiac and at the end of the movie he leaves. They all say this should be a permanent thing, but Batman says he works better alone and leaves them. They get awarded and gifted the Hall of Justice.

I would have started in a similar way to Snyder: Make MOS the birth point for the whole DC movie universe. Like... Zod came to Earth, and that opens up the floodgates. I would have done that exactly the same.

From there, I would have gone for a "Men of Tomorrow" movie, which pits Luthor and his creation (probably parasite or Metallo) against Superman.

Then, Batman 1 in which Batman was roughly the same age as Superman. No more old Batman casting. It'd just be his movie.. establish him in the DC universe and hint at Superman. Move Metropolis and Gotham away from each other like they were before.

Then, Wonder Woman. I loved Gadot's portrayal, but I'd probably go for something a bit more brute and warrior-like. She has a heart of gold, but she still loves to battle.

Then, it's Superman 3, introducing the Martian Manhunter, and incorporating Batman. End with Wonder Woman coming on board.

Then Flash without Flashpoint paradox.
Then GL series.

Then, Justice League and I personally liked Snyder's work with Cyborg. I feel like I'd do something similar.

Then Justice League 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"