If you could rewrite history as far as the DCEU

Some interesting ideas there, nicely laid out :up:

Just a few points;

You'd go again with an older Batman? I liked the idea when it was announced for BvS but as time's gone on I've come to think it would have been better for a standalone/unconnected movie (The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, etc). Having an older Batman in a shared DCEU has knock-on effects, e.g. relative ages of other characters (such as Catwoman).

Have to say I'm pretty jaded on Luthor as a Superman villain. I'd like to see Superman movies that introduced a new (as far as GA's were concerned) threat.

Hawkwoman movie - my God, yes! I seriously fell in love with her in JL/JLU, to the point where she might just be my favourite DC female :up:

I think an older Batman is good because you can immediately kick off the Cinematic Universe as having a rich rogue's gallery of preestablished villains. It establishes the kind of world Superman is dropping into - a world riddled with crime lords, where heroes have tried and failed to make a change and have lost hope. Then Supes comes in and brightens things up, gives hope to characters like Batman and Catwoman.

As for Lex, we haven't seen a proper, well done Lex in ages. However, he could also appear as a sinister side character in the first Superman film, with the main villain being someone else. Mongul, or Atomic Skull perhaps.

What are your thoughts on my streamlining of Hawkman/woman's backstories? Not being a comic reader, just someone who reads up on them to theorycraft movies - I have no idea when I am committing comic-book sacrilege with some of my ideas.

What are your thoughts on my streamlining of Hawkman/woman's backstories? Not being a comic reader, just someone who reads up on them to theorycraft movies - I have no idea when I am committing comic-book sacrilege with some of my ideas.

I really like what you've done with it. Hell, changing the Hawks backstory isn't exactly unheard of! :funny: As a massive Hawkgirl fan I would have absolutely no problem watching that :up:

This is my plan for a reboot of the DCEU. Imagine all work on current DCEU movies were halted, and a new cinematic universe begins starting in 2020:

Batman (2020):
I think Batman is the guy to start with. It's been ages since he's actually had a solo film and he is perhaps DC's most popular character. You start the universe off with this crime-ridden, hope-forsaken picture of the world, where an older Batman is still struggling to do some good, and that then sets things up for Superman to arrive and bring hope to the world. For the villain, I'd go with Hugo Strange, as a doctor who experiments on his patients at Arkham Asylum. The Asylum is the perfect place to establish that Batman is an established crime-fighter with many of his enemies already locked up. Specifically the Joker. Have the Joker in the background taunting Batman throughout. Establish the death of Jason Todd as an event in Batman's backstory.

Catwoman (2021):
Probably not a lot of people's first choice for a phase 1 DCEU movie, but she's one of DC's best known and most popular characters. With the current Justice League cast somewhat tarnished, you've got to go with a bold, new lineup. She also helps set up a potential Gothamverse: a cinematic universe within a cinematic universe, if you will, eventually featuring a large range of properties (Batman, Catwoman, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad). For the film itself, I'm envisioning a hedonistic romp, wherein Catwoman pulls off a heist against The Penguin. A fun blockbuster on the surface, disguising Selena's trauma.

Superman (2021):
What Man of Steel got wrong, was that Superman was just as dark and brooding as the world around him. You can have a dark setting for a Superman film, but he's got to be the light in the darkness. The Superman films need to do what the Captain America films have done in the MCU, but on an even grander scale. In these trying times, a character who is truly kind, optimistic and selfless can be interesting, especially if you give him a bit of a sense of humour. For the villain, let's not beat around the bush - straight into a proper Lex Luthor.

Wonder Woman (2022):
Seems a shame to do away with the DCEU's one real hit, but there we are. It's easy enough to distinguish a reboot from Gadot's Wonder Woman by having it set in the modern day. Circe as the villain.

Batman Sequel (2022):
Just as The MCU followed Iron Man up promptly with its sequel, so too should the DCEU do the same for Batman. It establishes that this is a series of franchises, not one-and-dones to set up Justice League. Now that Superman has landed, the superpowered individuals of the universe have begun to come out of the woodwork. So I'd pit Batman against a more out-there foe, like Clayface. Catwoman would feature heavily, cashing in on some of that cross-over hype before Justice League.

Hawkwoman (2023): Captain Marvel is set to skip over the original male character in favour of a bit more female presence. Hawkwoman would do the same. Any writers here have a bit of a challenge streamlining the convoluted mythology of Hawkman and Hawkwoman into one. My take on it:

Shiera Sanders is an archaeologist excavating in Egypt. She stumbles upon Katar Hol's Mace and Wings, and the Claw of Horus, thinking they are Egyptian artefacts. In reality, they are alien weaponry and the Claw of Horus contains the "soul" (aka digital mind upload) of deceased Thanagarian police officer Katar Hol. When she touches the Claw, her mind merges with Katar and she essentially becomes his reincarnation, occasionally hearing his voice in her head guiding her. The villain would be Byth Rok, a fugitive from the Thanagarian police force who has stolen an experimental drug that gives him shapeshifting powers.

Martian Manhunter (2023):
The final solo movie before Justice League. We start the film with J'onn already living in hiding as detective John Jones on Earth. With Superman revealing himself to the world, J'onn eventually decides that is time to stop living in hiding. The main villain would be Despero, an alien genius bruiser with both super strength and psionic abilities. The backstory would tell us of the destruction of Martian civilisation, hinting at the villain for Justice League.

Justice League (2024):
After 4 years of build-up, Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter and yes, Catwoman team up against Braniac. Braniac will be the villain behind the destruction of Krypton and the Martian Empire, and now his sights are set on Earth.

Catwoman may seem a strange choice for a member of the Justice League, so I feel like I should justify that: With Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg probably in need of a rest to differentiate the reboot from the first attempt, you have to go in a different direction. Catwoman is a popular character (I think we're past the damage the 2004 movie did) and her inclusion early on alongside Batman means you can start getting natural character crossovers in a lot sooner. I could see her being reluctantly roped into hero work, say if she comes across an alien artefact on a heist which kicks off the plot, and her skills of infiltration could make her useful even amongst characters like Superman and Manhunter. I'm picturing a very young Catwoman, who is already disillusioned and turned to crime. Her cynicism at such a young age would demonstrate the kind of world that this is, how much it needs Superman and the League to bring it hope.

Yes I like this set up but I would go about it differently in the sense of using the Marvel formula and how I would go about it:

1- Batman (first film of the DCEU; sets it up similar to how Iron Man set up the MCU) (Selina Kyle/Catwoman would also show up during this film but of course she wouldn't be a villain but she would be more of an anti-hero in the sense that she is pulled into Batman's world all be it reluctantly but isn't necessarily good but isn't necessarily bad) (villain of course would be Penguin)

* There wouldn't be a mid credits scene but there would be a post-credits scene though which builds towards Green Lantern basically setting it up as the next film of the DCEU

2- Green Lantern Corps (2nd film of the rebooted DCEU; Hal Jordan and John Stewart as co-leads; the movie however though would be centered more around Hal; love interest would be Carol Ferris; villain would be Atrocitus)

* Mid credits scene teases Sinestro for the sequel as a villain; post credits would build towards Aquaman

3- Aquaman (3rd film of the rebooted DCEU; Ocean Master/Orm as the main antagonist for this film; love interest would be Mera; this film would basically be Arthur's origin film more or less his coming out party)

* Mid credits would be Orm being defeated and captured/imprisoned within Atlantis however Orm would somehow escape with the help of Black Manta; tease of Black Manta for Aquaman 2; post credits would build towards Man of Steel

4- Man of Steel (4th film of the rebooted DCEU; love interest would of course be Lois Lane; villain for this film wouldn't even be Zod it would be Lex Luthor; basically this film at first would show Clark/Kal El's origins within like the first act and then builds from there going into his childhood and teen years to him living as Clark Kent in the Arctic similar to 2013's Man of Steel and then him dealing with his powers after that or coming into his full power by then. He ends up back in Metropolis as Clark Kent working for the Planet and also fighting crime as Superman too.)

* Mid credits scene would be after Lex Luthor has been defeated and is imprisoned there is a prison break which basically means Luthor escapes. Post credits scene builds up towards Batman 2.

5- Batman 2 (5th film of the rebooted DCEU; villain for the Batman sequel would be The Joker; Catwoman would also feature in the sequel as well but think femme fatale meets sometimes love interest; kind of a back and forth type thing)

* Mid credits would be after Joker has been defeated and he is carted off to prison he is put within Arkham Asylum and there at Arkham he ends up running into Dr. Harleen Quinzel before she becomes Harley Quinn...post credits would be building up towards Wonder Woman

6- Wonder Woman reboot (6th film of the rebooted DCEU; villain would be Circe and it would be modern day; love interest could be ????)

* Mid credits would be after Diana defeats Circe she watches a news report of heroes from other parts of the world and on the news she sees heroes like Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern and then the latest news report shows The Flash who is the new sensation to show up on the news which basically builds up towards Justice League.

* Post credits would be an alien invasion with an alien ship setting course for Earth and it cuts to the main alien in the ship...it is none other than Brainiac

7- Justice League (7th film of the rebooted DCEU; Phase 1 of the rebooted universe is completed; villain of course being Brainiac and during JL we would have Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Catwoman. Flash would also join the JL.

I think Green Lantern is best for a later phase. It introduces a lot of new lore to the franchise, so I think it is best to wait until the universe is established before piling on the Green Lantern corps.

I think Green Lantern is best for a later phase. It introduces a lot of new lore to the franchise, so I think it is best to wait until the universe is established before piling on the Green Lantern corps.

Fair enough but why introduce Catwoman so early into your rebooted DCEU? I mean if you basically want her as the Black Widow of this universe I would have went with Black Canary instead and then have Green Arrow join the team since he would be like the Hawkeye of the JL

Some fancastings for my above post:

John Krasinski as Batman: A few years ago it would probably have seemed unfathomable to tout The Office's hapless Jim Halpert as the next Batman. But Krasinski has been working out and taking on more serious roles lately, and his name has been bandied about amongst fans for superhero roles like Reed Richards on this very forum:

john-krasinski-58e44cc6-c175-440b-bdc7-61c8d9f2e352.jpg

Liam Hemsworth as Superman: I think Liam's got more to him than a side love interest in the Hunger Games. His role as Gale demonstrated great range in his increasingly limited screen time imo. And he's definitely one of the few actors out there who has the look.

MV5BMTQ5ODI0MDc4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM5MDk3MTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dascha Polanco as Wonder Woman: Dascha is a phenomenally talented actor and I'd love to see her take on a leading blockbuster role like this. She's got the curvier physique of comic-book Wonder Woman as well.

images

Idris Elba as Martian Manhunter: It's almost a cliche at this point casting Idris for any major black role (J'onn is portrayed as a black man when disguised as a human). But the guy just has so much charm, gravitas and intensity. He's dabbled in superhero moves before, time to give him a leading role.

IdrisElba_5264.jpg

Karen Gillan as Hawkwoman: Similar to Elba, Gillan is someone who has played a supporting role in Superhero films before, and now imo deserves a lead role. She's definitely one of Hollywood's biggest up and comers.

46925E6800000578-5104735-Auburn_beauty_Karen_Gillan_poses_in_a_semi_sheer_lace_blouse_as_-a-113_1511350796748.jpg

Amandla Stenberg as Catwoman: One of Hollywood's most promising up and comers, I think Stenberg has it in her to be a lead. I can just see her as a sassy and sarcastic, younger incarnation of Catwoman. A racebend for Catwoman may be controversial to some, and bring back bad memories of Halle Berry's disastrous turn as Catwoman in 2004. But the racebending was not to blame for that mess, and modern blockbusters need a little more diversity.

201606-sss-spotlight-amandla-stenberg-949x534-759x500.jpg

For Batman I actually like Krasinski and for Superman I would go with Armie Hammer instead of Liam Hemsworth

Liam Hemsworth I would go with him as Aquaman

Wonder Woman I would go with Morena Baccarin

Martian Manhunter I actually like Idris Elba and as Hawkwoman I would go with Alicia Vikander

Now as Catwoman I would go with Eiza Gonzalez

Fair enough but why introduce Catwoman so early into your rebooted DCEU? I mean if you basically want her as the Black Widow of this universe I would have went with Black Canary instead and then have Green Arrow join the team since he would be like the Hawkeye of the JL

I did not really have her in mind as a Black Widow counterpart (though she certainly is in parts). I introduced her early for a couple of reasons. Firstly and most simply, she's one of DC's more popular characters. It's hard to gauge character popularity objectively, but it could be argued easily that she is more popular than Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern. Certainly, she's more popular than Cyborg.

Secondly, by starting the universe with Batman and then Catwoman straight after, you immediately set up potential crossovers. Look at the current DCEU: They wanted to get straight into crossing over characters - going straight to BvS, Suicide Squad's ensemble and then Justice League when only two of its leads had had solo films. They obviously jumped the gun, but there is merit in starting the crossovers a little fast than the MCU did. Batman and Catwoman is a natural crossover that would be a tantalising taste of the shared universe to come, without feeling rushed.

In terms of her role, I don't see her as a Black Widow counterpart, I see her as the heart, and the audience surrogate, strange as that may seem: Against the godlike figures of Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman and Manhunter and even against Batman with all his experience and resources, Catwoman would be this relatively normal young woman. She'd be disillusioned with the world (as I think much of this generation is), turned to a life of recreational crime to fill the hole in her heart, sassy and flirtatious on the outside but utterly bitter and traumatised on the inside. And then she's roped into working with the Justice League, she doesn't want to be a hero, the JL is sceptical of her at first, but she sees the things they do and she starts to have a little hope.

Basically, my vision for a DCEU is a dark and broken world which gradually begins to heal as the JL bring hope. Cat Woman would be the personification of that.

For Batman I actually like Krasinski and for Superman I would go with Armie Hammer instead of Liam Hemsworth

Liam Hemsworth I would go with him as Aquaman

Wonder Woman I would go with Morena Baccarin

Martian Manhunter I actually like Idris Elba and as Hawkwoman I would go with Alicia Vikander

Now as Catwoman I would go with Eiza Gonzalez

Hammer is definitely one of the actors with that all-american look that superman needs. Vikander is a good choice for Hawkwoman as well. I've not seen Eiza Gonzalez in anything. From looks alone she looks like she would work great as a more traditional, seductive Catwoman, whereas I wanted to go for a more damaged youth interpretation.

As far as a complete restart of the DCEU

1- Man of Steel (1st film of the DCEU; love interest Lois Lane; villain Zod)

Begins with an agent from the Department Of Extranormal Operations visiting Kent Farm in Kansas days after Kal-El appears. Pa Kent convinces the agents to allow him to keep baby Kal-El but the agents say that if Clark's secret gets out, they are coming to take him away. Cue montage of important events in the first 29 years of Clark's life including him finding out about his origins, building the Fortress Of Solitude, talking with AI Jor-El, creating the Superman suit, saving people, and moving to Metropolis to work in the Daily Planet.

Enter Kryptonian terrorist Zod who escaped being imprisoned in the Phantom Zone and fled Krypton just hours before its destruction. Zod appeared on Earth when Kal-El was a baby and was imprisoned in Area 51 by the United States government. He escapes the base and sets out with the goal of freeing his army from the Phantom Zone and conquering the world to create a new Krypton. But first, he must kill Kal-El, his primary obstacle in this goal.

At the end of the movie, Superman, with the help of DEO agent John Jones uses the Phantom Zone Projector to imprison Zod after a battle in the Appalachian mountains.

The post-credits scene is a man in a penthouse, watching Superman speak before the United Nations. You don’t see any of his features, but you can tell he is wearing a suit. A female voice says “Mr. Luthor, Lucius Fox is here to see you about that agreement with WayneTech”, and Lex gets up and leaves.

2- The Batman (2nd film of the DCEU; villains Joker & Harley Quinn)

Begins with a clip of a news station talking about a mysterious vigilante known as The Batman. Zooms out to reveal a grid of other clips of people talking about the Batman, along with blurry cellphone footage of the Bat in action. Eventually, the grip is panned out completely to reveal that the massive grid of clips is in the shape of a bat symbol. Suddenly, cut to Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin stopping the Joker for the first time ever.

Cut to four years later, and Jason Todd is the new Robin, and Batman has a new ally, Batgirl. Meanwhile, the Joker gains a new therapist in Arkham Asylum named Harleen Quinzel, who he subtly manipulates over the course of weeks until she falls completely in love with him. She breaks him out under the new persona of Harley Quinn.

Joker meets with Scarecrow, who agrees to develop chemicals for him. He makes his escape known by heading to the home of Commissioner Gordon, ringing the doorbell, and shooting the person who answers. That person just happens to be Barbara Gordon. He then begins his massive crime spree. The movie shows various scenes of Joker and Harley causing chaos throughout the movie

Batman initiates the search for Joker, with Barbara helping him from her hospital room. He and Robin track down and defeat Scarecrow, but Batman is hit with fear gas, forcing Robin to defeat Scarecrow on his own. Back at the Batcave, Robin says that since he defeated Scarecrow, he should be more independent. Despite being advised not to by Batman, Robin sneaks out in the middle of the night, only to be captured by the Joker. Batman tracks Robin down to a warehouse, but just when he arrives at the warehouse, a bomb detonates.

Batman eventually finds Joker at the Gotham reservoir, where he first met him, but gets into a fight with Harley. During the fight, Batman tries to help Harley realize that Joker does not really love her. This eventually leaves Harley in absolute tears, allowing Batman to run and hunt the Joker.

Joker tries to get Batman to kill him by saying all the bad stuff he's done in the two weeks he's escaped Arkham. Batman explains that his job is to bring people to justice and let the court decide what to do with them. Joker brings out an assortment of thugs to fight Batman and escapes. After taking out the thugs, Batman looks for Joker, only to find him incapacitated by Harley, who is holding a gun to his head. Batman convinces Harley to spare Joker and turn herself in. The final shots of the film before the credits is Batman watching as Harley carries Joker's unconscious body out of the reservoir, surrounded by GCPD, as you hear his internal monologue talking about how his parents taught him that no matter what a person does, no one deserves to die. The post-credits scene is Batman calling out Superman’s name. Superman flies down, saying that he does not have a lot of time to talk. Batman says that he’s been watching Superman and others like him for a while, and that at some point, they are going to have to form a team.

3- Wonder Woman (3rd film of the DCEU; love interest Steve Trevor; villain Cheetah)

Begins with a scene of Hippolyta explaining that thousands of years ago, the Greek Gods created the island of Themyscira for the Amazons where they could live alone, without the influence of men. As they couldn't reproduce, Zeus provided their queen, Hippolyta, the ability to create new Amazons from clay, along with the souls of woman who died disgraced by men. Since the Clay Amazons had vague memories of their past lives, they held great contempt for men. Hippolyta decided to keep Themyscira isolated from the world.

In the present day, Diana is the heir to Hippolyta's throne if and when she dies. Diana is widely loved and respected by the other Amazons. One day however, an American Air Force pilot named Steve Trevor crash lands on the island, and Diana hides him from the Amazons, knowing that they would most likely kill him if they found out he was on the island.

Hippolyta finds out however, and to Diana and Steve's surprise, she is perfectly fine with it. Hippolyta explains that she has had her eye on Man's World for a long time, and she feels like Themyscira should join the outside world. Not only does Diana become Themyscira's new ambassador, she also has the duty of protecting Man's World from threats, both political and supernatural. The media calls her Wonder Woman.

A large chunk of Amazons are not happy with this decision, believing that Themyscira must stay isolated. One of them is Priscilla, an Amazonian military leader, who rallies an army to march on the Themysciran capital to kill Hippolyta and take control. She also dons a magical cheetah pelt, turning into a woman-cheetah hybrid.

Diana teams up with the US Military to protect the capital and defeat the rebel army. The film ends with Diana being given a medal. The post-credits scene is Priscilla, nicknamed "The Cheetah" by the media, imprisoned in Stryker's island, a prison in Metropolis for criminals and terrorists with extraordinary abilities created after Zod attacked.

4- Superman 2: The Man of Tomorrow (4th film of the DCEU; love interest Lois Lane; villain Brainiac; Supergirl appearance)

The movie begins with scenes of Krypton's destruction described by Jor-El's AI in the first film. An alien hive mind named Vril Dox is "bottling" the most major cities, before destroying the rest. Inside the city of Argo is Zor-El, Jor-El's brother, who is sending his teenage daughter, Kara Zor-El, to Earth to guard over her baby cousin Kal-El.

Clark Kent is living happily with Lois Lane in his apartment, serving as Superman on the side. He is asked to perform an interview with billionaire Lex Luthor. He learns that despite Lex celebrating Superman on the news, he secretly despises him and only pretends to like Superman for PR. Clark can't publish this however, since Lexcorp's media division owns the Daily Planet.

Lex is later shown touring Area 51 for new technology, where he sees a broken robot that crash landed on Earth in 1958. The robot was one of Vril Dox's drones, but was disconnected from the hive mind before it crashed. Due to it's vast intergalactic knowledge contained in it's storage, the workers have nicknamed the robot "Brainiac". Lex heads home with access to Brainiac's database, as well as a Phantom Zone projector. He briefly brings out Zod under red son lamps, takes away his translator ring, and kills him with two shots to the chest with revolver. Now able to understand the database, he researches Kryptonians, and discovers that the irradiated pieces of the planet Krypton have harmful effects on them when under a yellow sun. He starts recreating these pieces, branding it "Kryptonite".

Meanwhile, Kara Zor-el finally arrives on Earth, decades too late. She meets up with Kal-El, and explains who she is. The two cousins bond over the course of the movie, saving people as Superman and Supergirl. However, this is cut short when Brainiac arrives, working with Lex. Thinking that Brainiac is bluffing, Lex allows him to bubble cities, one of which is Metropolis. Brainiac announces to the world that they have three days before the chosen cities are miniaturized and the rest of the world is destroyed. A scientist named Hank Henshaw volunteers to team up with Superman and Supergirl to stop Brainiac. He is wounded and completely paralyzed in the process.

In the climax of the movie, Lex discovers Brainiac's true nature to destroy the world, and attempts to stop him. When Superman shows up however, Lex decides to fight him instead. Supergirl confronts Brainiac Prime, the central body of the hive mind, in his ships. Brainiac pins Supergirl down, forcing her to watch as he destroys the remaining Kryptonian cities one by one. Just before he can get to Kandor, Supergirl manages to free herself and crushes Brainiac Prime's skull. This all happens while Superman apprehends Lex in his warsuit, but he manages to escape.

After Brainiac is defeated, Lex becomes the FBI’s Most Wanted and goes into hiding, Supergirl lives on Kent Farm, and all of LexCorp's assets are bought out by numerous companies, including Wayne Enterprises and Queen Industries. The final moments of the film show Lex, in rage at losing his company at reputation, shaving his head to disguise himself, his hatred for Superman only increased. The post credits scene is Lex in the Slaughter Swamp of Gotham city, looking for pieces of Brainiac technology. He sees the massive head of one of Brainiac's ships buried, resembling the headquarters of the Legion of Doom from the Super Friends cartoon.

5- The Flash (5th film of the DCEU; love interest Iris West; villain Reverse Flash)

Barry Allen as a child saw a strange man in a bright yellow suit murder his mom and frame his dad for the murder. Years later, he is now a forensic scientist at the Central City Police Department. One day, he hears that his father was murdered in prison and no one knows which other inmate did it. While working the graveyard shift one night he sees a yellow light encircling him and he falls unconscious.

When he awakes, he discovers that he can now move at incredibly high speeds. He develops a superhero persona called the Flash, based on a hero with similar powers in the 1940’s. Barry tracks down this old superhero, and discovers that he is Jay Garrick, a very old man in a retirement home. The two talk about their powers, and they discover that the circumstances in which they got them were extraordinarily similar. Jay also explains that the man he saw was Reverse-Flash, Jay’s arch-nemesis. Jay explains that Reverse Flash was a criminal from the future named Eobard Thawne who apparently tried to recreate the event that gave Jay his powers.

Reverse Flash gathers a team of Central City’s worst super criminals to oppose Flash. This group is called the Rogues, and consists of Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, The Trickster, and Captain Boomerang. After foiling a massive bank heist by the Rogues, with Captain Cold being the only one who escape, the Flash is honored by the city. The post-credits scene is Captain Cold walking into his hideout, where he finds Lex Luthor waiting for him, accompanied with several Brainiac robots. When he tries to fire his Freeze Ray at Lex, one of the robots speeds forward and grabs the Freeze Rays. Lex explains that he did not mean to startle Cold, he just has an offer for him.

6- Aquaman (6th film of the DCEU; love interest Mera; villain Black Manta)

Arthur Curry, also known as Orin, is a human-Atlantean hybrid and the king of Atlantis. He was the child of a fisherman named Tom Curry and Atlanna, the former queen of Atlantis.

After what appears to be a terrorist attack on the Royal Palace, an investigation commences. Garth, the grandchild of Royal Advisor Nuidis Vulko, is one of the few survivors of the bombing and wishes to help Orin find the terrorist responsible

Orin discovers that the perpetrator was the Black Manta, a mysterious masked criminal who arrived in Atlantis from the surface world, longing to live with them. He has an incredible hate for Aquaman, and wishes for nothing but his death.

Black Manta is imprisoned in Stryker’s Island after a long, tedious battle between the Atlantean army and Black Manta’s forces, The Neo-Atlanteans. Orin than makes the decision to reveal the existence of Atlantis to the world, taking cues from Themyscira. The post-credits scene is Black Manta sitting in his cell without his suit, when he sees some people walking by. Some are DEO agents, while some are Stryker’s Island guards. They seem to be transporting what looks like some kind of giant starfish-like creature with all kinds of machinery hooked up to it.

7- Green Lantern (7th film of the DCEU; love interest Carol Ferris; villain Sinestro)

Hal Jordan is a test pilot who wished to become an astronaut, but was rejected. While walking through the woods, he is suddenly teleported to a dying alien named Abin Sur, a member of the Green Lantern Corps. Hal is enlisted, the first human to do so since the 1940’s..

Hal’s first mission is to attack a member of the Sinestro Corps led by Thaal-Sur, Abin Sur’s brother who is more well-known as Sinestro. He is accompanied by Kilowog, his alien partner. On Earth, he is assisted by John Jones, who seems to have not aged since we saw him in Man of Steel.

Hal eventually discovers that a massive army of Yellow Lanterns led by Sinestro is heading for Oa. A massive battle occurs, and the Green Lanterns win. Sinestro escapes and heads to Earth to get payback against Hal for defeating him. Green Lantern defeats him in a battle in the Earth’s Atmosphere, and he is imprisoned on Stryker’s Island, and has the ring confiscated. The post-credits scene is a man watching footage of Green Lantern fighting Sinestro. The camera slowly pans, until it reveals John Jones. A silhouetted figure smoking a cigar comes in and informs John that something crashed near the small Rhode Island fishing town of Happy Harbor, and that he needs to investigate.

8- Justice League (8th film of the DCEU; Phase 1 Complete)

The film begins at Stryker’s island, where Captain Cold, along with an assortment of Lex’s Brainiac drones, are attacking Stryker’s Island, intending to break out it’s inmates, who are all the living main villains from all the previous films. Superman arrives, but is surprised when Batman arrives as well. Batman explains that these drones busted into Arkham as well, and he wants to know how these drones are still active. Batman is also working with the DEO, especially John Jones, who has shown incredible detective skills.

Superman and Batman round-up the heroes who defeated the villains, and form the Justice League, based on a similar organization called the Justice Society in the 1940’s, which the original Flash and Green Lantern served in. Meanwhile, the first meeting of the Legion of Doom, a group of super criminals dedicated to take down Superman, is called to order. Lex explains that the starfish creature he found in Stryker’s Island has the ability to give birth to smaller parasitic versions of itself. These parasites essentially latch themselves onto the hosts face and take psychic control of them. Lex plans to have one control Superman, turning him into a tool to help him conquer the world.

While talking about the Justice Society, John Jones reveals that he is actually the Martian Manhunter, one of the original members. He says that he wishes to join the team, as the Justice Society was the closest thing he’s had to a family since he lost his old one on his homeworld of Mars, and he longs to be a part of something like that again.

The Justice League’s first mission is to investigate strange activity in Happy Harbor. While there, they meet a teenage boy named Lucas “Snapper” Carr who says that the rest of the town is being held hostage by Brainiac drones. The team split up to free everyone and defeat the drones.

While all of this is happening, the Legion of Doom secretly ambush Superman, and latch one of the parasites to his face. While he is completely under the Starfish’s control, Superman receives visions. He learns that this being is called Starro The Conqueror, and that it has infected thousands of planets before, and once it breaks free from the Legion’s control, it will do so with Earth.

Before the group can release the signal, Superman comes in, completely under control of the Legion of Doom. He almost manages to kill Batman, but the rest of the team subdues him. As Green Lantern and Wonder Woman hold him in place, Flash starts the machine, killing all of the parasites. Superman tells the team what he learned while under control, and they head towards the Batcave to try and locate where Starro is kept.

As a last resort, Lex attempts to create a clone of Superman, using genetic material he found on the black market. However, the material is unstable, so he uses some of Zod’s blood as a catalyst. What is created is “Bizarro”, as nicknamed by Captain Cold. However, the clone turns out to be very kind and sweet, so Lex has a parasite attached to him. Strangely, since Bizarro is flawed, he is controlled by what remains of Starro’s consciousness, rather than the Legion itself. Bizarro rips the device out of Starro and it regains full control, bursting out of the Hall of Doom. It escapes into the high atmosphere, creating millions of Starro Parasites that spread all over the world. Starro then escapes into outer space,

After learning of this, Batman contacts the Daily Planet with the intention of sending a message. Superman begins to speak on behalf of the Justice League to millions of viewers around the globe and he deliers a speech, asking superheroes around the world to help fight Starro and protect people who have not been affected by him. As he is speaking, brief cameos of various superheroes suiting up are shown.

Scenes of superheroes around the world fighting Starro-Infected around the world are interspliced with scenes in the Batcave, where Batman and Flash are working on a device that would increase Martian Manhunter’s strength 10,000 times. They plan to release a worldwide psychic wave that would destroy all of the parasites, which they manage to do. After this, all the Legion members are all incarcerated once again, including Lex and Bizarro this time, who are kept in solitary confinement. Meanwhile, the League receives a commemoration at the Cincinnati Museum Center, the original meeting place of the Justice Society. Superman initiates a speech announcing Justice League International, an official union of superheroes across the globe. The post-credits scene is Starro in some kind of restraining device, surrounded by aliens monitoring his progress. A man in robes is speaking to a shadowy figure about finding Starro floating in space, and that he has information on the last Kryptonian. Pan over to the right slowly, revealing Darkseid, whose red eyes lighten up as he grins evilly.

Not hire Snyder for Man of Steel. Give us a more traditional Superman.

A younger Batman. Not sure who but someone in their late 20's early 30's preferably.

Keep Wonder Woman the same minus the whole photo thing because BvS wouldn't exist.

After Man of Steel I would've done a traditional Superman sequel and introduce Martian Manhunter.

Keep Cavill and Gal Gadot. Recast Batman.

Flash solo film as well as Aquaman and Batman before JL

Flash: Barry Allen (Harrison Gilbertson) just out of college starting his job as a CSI at Central City Police Dept. Origin story that introduces Captain Cold, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master as the Rogues. Hint at Reverse Flash.

Justice League movie finally brings them together.

Superman and J'onn already know each other and they know a threat is coming. Wonder Woman knows of Aquaman.

Make Braniac the villain

If I had to think of a few quick things off the top of my head:

- A linear storytelling method for Man of Steel
-No shaky cam
- Crisp flying shots of Superman in flight
-Man of Steel 2 before a Batman v Superman (all hindsight of course)
- Instead of going with a new storyline for BvS, they should have made Superman the center of dealing with the consequences of the destruction with Man of Steel and answer, confidently, to the public.
- More Superman feats saving those on the ground/montage. Public interaction. That should have wrote itself but sadly, it didn't.

If I had to think of a few quick things off the top of my head:

- A linear storytelling method for Man of Steel
-No shaky cam
- Crisp flying shots of Superman in flight
-Man of Steel 2 before a Batman v Superman (all hindsight of course)
- Instead of going with a new storyline for BvS, they should have made Superman the center of dealing with the consequences of the destruction with Man of Steel and answer, confidently, to the public.
- More Superman feats saving those on the ground/montage. Public interaction. That should have wrote itself but sadly, it didn't.

I can get behind all of that.

I really wish they would have improved the third act of MOS. That's where the trouble began and I feel the domino effect caused further trouble down the line.

I really wish they would have improved the third act of MOS. That's where the trouble began and I feel the domino effect caused further trouble down the line.

Same. I don't mind the first two acts but once Zod shows up I just tune out

It breaks from the arc they built for Superman with MOS and BVS, but as a different ending to BVS -- which would've required a different story -- I think it would've been interesting to make it so that Batman and Superman, upon teaming up, winning the climatic fight and foiling Luthor's plan, learn of Darkseid's existance and of his impending arrival. So Superman decides he needs to head out into Space so he can meet Darkseid halfway and keep him from reaching Earth. He'd know the journey would take years (conveniently the 3 years that a sequel takes to make), so there's the extra emotional punch of a tearful goodbye to Lois and Ma, who don't know if he'll make it back. And Batman commits to doing his part by using the time to recruit more heroes in case Supes fails. A cool cliffhanger that gives JL, the follow-up, an immediate must-watch factor.

Then maybe in that version of JL... you kill Supes? And you continue his solo films by adapting the Reign of the Supermen? Bit of a fanboyish idea, but why not. I liked the basic idea of how they actually handled the trilogy by making the first JL a film where heroes team up as a response to Superman dying and an impending alien invasion, and then bringing him back in the same film. But a Superman death should always be seen as an Ace up the sleeve, and using it to end a trilogy rather than as a conclusion for your first sequel feels like a more patient use of it.

I was going to start a separate thread about something similar but I might as well hi-jack this one.

I would probably follow the animated New 52 roll out plane.

*Justice League: War (Hit the ground running running with a team movie. No need for solos)

*Son of Batman (Solo Batman movie with Damien co-star )

*Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Aquaman solo)

*Batman vs. Robin (Batman solo sequel)

*Batman: Bad Blood (Ok I might actually swap out this movie for Assault on Arkham to mix things up. Can't have back to back Batman flicks)

*Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Rebrand this for the YA audience for genre diversity)

*Justice League Dark (Go as dark as the studio will let me. Make it horror, again for genre diversity)

*Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (Sequel to Teen Titans, maybe try and spin off a Cyborg movie)

At this point we would have fully earned the death of Superman movie which is due to be released this year from WB animation.

There would opportunities to sprinkle in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. GL anthology movie. No Hal Jordon origin, just hit the ground running again like JL: War. Also Wonder Woman.

I was going to start a separate thread about something similar but I might as well hi-jack this one.

I would probably follow the animated New 52 roll out plane.

*Justice League: War (Hit the ground running running with a team movie. No need for solos)

*Son of Batman (Solo Batman movie with Damien co-star )

*Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Aquaman solo)

*Batman vs. Robin (Batman solo sequel)

*Batman: Bad Blood (Ok I might actually swap out this movie for Assault on Arkham to mix things up. Can't have back to back Batman flicks)

*Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Rebrand this for the YA audience for genre diversity)

*Justice League Dark (Go as dark as the studio will let me. Make it horror, again for genre diversity)

*Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (Sequel to Teen Titans, maybe try and spin off a Cyborg movie)

At this point we would have fully earned the death of Superman movie which is due to be released this year from WB animation.

There would opportunities to sprinkle in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. GL anthology movie. No Hal Jordon origin, just hit the ground running again like JL: War. Also Wonder Woman.

That's pretty neat. There's a lot to be said for using the animated output as an inspiration, maybe even an outright blueprint.

Ideally I'd like Bats, Supes and WW solos first but that's just a personal preference. I fully support JLD being as dark/horrific as it can be, and having a Suicide Squad movie based around BAoA wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not so crazy about a Cyborg movie, and I can't stand Damian as a character - but he wasn't as bad in TTTJC.

As far as JLvTT goes, you'd be happy jumping straight in with that as this universe's first appearance of the Titans?

Overall your plan looks pretty solid :up:

Not so crazy about a Cyborg movie, and I can't stand Damian as a character - but he wasn't as bad in TTTJC.

As far as JLvTT goes, you'd be happy jumping straight in with that as this universe's first appearance of the Titans?

Overall your plan looks pretty solid :up:

I think having TT set up in the previous DC movies leading up to it, then have them vs JL could work the same way Civil War worked.

Honestly though I would rather take a chance with a Metal Men movie than TT, I'm just trying to get the balance of studio excec and fanboy.

You get to introduce a new franchise to a different demographic using the the popularity of a known franchise. Sound business move that's worked great for Marvel.

I think having TT set up in the previous DC movies leading up to it, then have them vs JL could work the same way Civil War worked.

Honestly though I would rather take a chance with a Metal Men movie than TT, I'm just trying to get the balance of studio excec and fanboy.

You get to introduce a new franchise to a different demographic using the the popularity of a known franchise. Sound business move that's worked great for Marvel.

I would definitely see a Metal Men movie!

Phase 1
Man of Steel (Superman vs Zod)
The Batman (Batman comes out of retirement to take on the Mutants and the Joker. Intro for Batgirl)
Man of Steel 2 (Lex Luthor uses the Kryptonian ship and its tech to take on Superman)
Wonder Woman (Steve Trevor crashes on Themyscira and Diana returns with him to stop a plot by Hades and Ares to start World War 3 to gain enough power to take over Olympus.)
World’s Finest (Kara Zor-el’s ship crashes into Gotham harbor and she has a grave message that Brainiac is coming. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman must team up to stop Brainiac)

Phase 2
The Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
The Batman Part 2 (Under the Red Hood)
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes
Justice League (The Martian Manhunter, J'onn J’onzz comes to batman and tell him about the emotionless, calculating Dominators plan to invade Earth. Their goal is to eliminate the threat posed by the unpredictable metahumans using the Appellaxian. End credit for Darkseid)

Phase 3
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman Part 2
The Flash Part 2 (Flash of two worlds)
The Batman Part 3 (Batman and Son)
Brave and the Bold (Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman team up to fight Vandal Savage and Black Manta)

Phase 4
Green Lantern Part 2 (Emerald Dawn)
The Batman Part 4 (Tower of Babel)
Batman Vs Superman
Suicide Squad Part 2
Death of Superman
Justice League 2 (Darksied invades, superman resurrected, Cyborg is introduced)

With my magic pencil I would

1) change some key moments of Man Of Steel ( a film I actually love, but it ain't perfect)

- have Pa Kent actually congratulate Clark for saving the kids but still caution Clark to be careful, change the tone of the character subtly.

- Pa Kent 's death, go back to STM make it a heart attack, something beyond Clark's control. Change the tornado scene completely.

- have the final Supes v Zod fight start in the city but end somewhere else and end with Zod trapped in the Phantom Zone ( why waste a good villain).

- show Superman helping rebuild Metropolis.

2) Batman v Superman...... so many changes I dont know where to start. Here's a few.

More scenes of Supes doing good.

Have Batman's plan to imprison Superman rather than kill him.

Have the final fight vs Bizarro, essentially the evil Superman that Batman fears ( way too early for Doomsday/death of Superman)

Have the film end with Batman and Superman shaking hands.

Also, Man of Steel has some beautiful shots in it. Put more of Snyder's visual talent into the film.

3) Suicide Squad....... ummmm total recast and reconceptualize. I mean, can somebody read the f@#$@ng comic please ? The animated assault on Arkham film was much much better, why not just do that ?

4) Wonder Woman. I was a GG nay sayer, but did a total 180 turn after I saw it. She was amazing and carried the film. Dont change her at all. All the other characters need to be re written so they're less one dimensional.

Sure, why not fight Ares at the end, but make it memorable rather than a bland cgi slugfest.

5) Justice League...... keep the characters + Superman and totally rewrite the story. Why not bring out Darkseid straight up ?
Why waste a film on Steppenwolf?

Rethink the whole approach to CGI environments because other than Krypton the DC ones haven't really worked.

Last edited:
Reworked DCEU

1- The Batman

First film of the DCEU. Basically this would be sort of like an origin film but more or less this would be sort of like an experienced Batman with only like a couple of years under his belt. Supporting characters being of course Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya and his love interest being Vickie Vale. Villain for The Batman film will be Black Mask.

There would be no mid credits scene but there would be a post credit scene.

Post credit scene would be Batman talking to Commissioner Gordon on a rooftop. Commissioner Gordon would tell Batman that there is a message that came in for Batman which his Police Department managed to intercept and that this message specifically came in for Batman and that it had to be Gordon delivering the message to Batman. Batman reads the message on paper. We don't see the paper or even what is on it but in the background we hear Joker's iconic laugh. Fade to black.

2- Man of Steel

Second film of the DCEU. Superman's origin film more or less. Supporting characters being Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, etc.

Love interest being Lois Lane of course. Villain of course being General Zod and his Kryptonian insurgents.

Mid credits scene would tease Lex Luthor's appearance in the DCEU.

Post credits scene would cut to Apokolips and on this planet we would see Parademons for the first time in the DCEU. However, we see a Parademon fly towards a mysterious hooded figure and the Parademon talks to this figure in whatever language they speak on Apokolips. Of course there would be subtitles. Basically the Parademon is telling this mysterious hooded figure that they have found Earth. The mysterious hooded figure takes off his hood and we see his face. It is none other than the Thanos of the DCEU that being Darkseid who we meet for the first time. Darkseid doesn't say anything but he just smiles and then that evil, maniacal laugh. Fade to black.

3- The Flash

Third film of the DCEU. Barry Allen/Flash's origin film right here. Love interest of course being Iris West. Villain in this piece will be Captain Cold for the first Flash film.

Mid credits scene would tease Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash building up to an eventual Flash sequel.

Post credits scene would cut to an island and on this island we see a lighthouse as it cuts directly to the underwater world of Atlantis. In the world of Atlantis we only get a quick glimpse of it and in the background we hear Aquaman music and we see his trident. Fade to black.

4- Aquaman

Fourth film of the DCEU. Arthur's origins coming on to the big screen. Love interest for this piece obviously would be Mera and the villain for this film would be Aquaman's half-brother Orm.

Mid credits would build towards Black Manta's appearance in the DCEU building towards an Aquaman sequel.

Post credits scene would cut to a mysterious island where we see female warriors training amongst themselves living on this island as we obviously know them to be Amazons. We see Queen Hippolyta as she calls out to her daughter Diana. Fade to black.

5- Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Fifth film of the DCEU. Supporting characters here being Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Ma Kent, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Alfred, Vickie Vale, etc.

The villain here for Dawn of Justice will be Lex Luthor.

No mid credits scene

Post credits would be of Bruce, Diana and Clark all meeting up as they talk about how they should work together more often but also that they may not be the only heroes in the world. That is where the metahuman files come up into play. Fade to black.

6- Wonder Woman

Sixth film of the DCEU. Instead of this film taking place during World War 1 it would take place during World War 2 (1939-1945). Not much would change except for that. Love interest would be Steve Trevor still. Villain of course being Ares.

Mid credits scene would tease Cheetah for Wonder Woman 2

Post credits scene would be of an alien ship finally making its way to Earth as its course is set for Earth. However it is not Darkseid in the ship it is none other than Steppenwolf who is acting on Darkseid's behalf.

7- Phase 1 Complete- Justice League

Seventh film of the DCEU. The film we have all been waiting for. The inevitable mash-up of heroes meeting up for the first time and forming their team. Supporting characters being Alfred, Vickie Vale, Lois Lane, Ma Kent, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Mera & the Atlanteans, Iris West, Henry Allen, Queen Hippolyta and the Amazons, etc.

Here is where we will meet 2 other heroes who will join the team but who will they be? It will be Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and Dinah Lance/Black Canary who join the team eventually.

Villain of course being Steppenwolf and the Parademons as supporting.

Mid credits scene being the Watchtower coming into play as the League members Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Arrow and Black Canary watch it being built. They go inside the Watchtower which will be their base of operations and in there as they are talking amongst themselves there is an immediate news bulletin of a prison escape as it comes from Arkham.

Post credit scene would be Steppenwolf being brought back to Apokolips defeated as he is brought before Darkseid. Darkseid punishes Steppenwolf for his failure by killing him mercilessly. Fade to black.

When Wonder Woman was airing first time around I had quite a few posters of Lynda in my bedroom. She made quite an impression on a lad in his early to mid-teens! :yay:

I was barely out of diapers when WW first aired in 1976.

If only Green Lantern had better reception, a better Parallax we would be in other universe, DC would still be the #1 in everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"