• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

giphy.gif

i rewatched the batman twice this past week.

still so good.

i'm upset that rob is hiking and not talking to matt about the batman part 2 right now.

how dare he be a normal person and do normal things, like everyone else.

this is a disaster. :o

Since everything seems a little too quiet on the script, do you think they push the film back to March 2026 or make it the big summer tentpole. My concern with these films is that 4 years between instalments is a bit too long.

Last edited:
Since everything seems a little too quiet on the script, do you think they push the film back to March 2026 or make it the big summer tentpole. My concern with these films is that 4 years between instalments is a bit too long.

It can make that October 2025 date if it starts lensing this summer/early fall. No problem.

Only those vague, non-committal remarks from the expected-returning DP (one of the first big hires on any production) and one of the key returning actors says otherwise. Especially since January is almost over and nary a peep on anything official.

So at this point, I'd be stunned if it doesn't get pushed back to 2026.

Accounting for the strikes, if it takes Reeves as long to write the second movie as it took him to write the first (17-18 months) then this will only start pre production in August or September. If that's the case yeah it's definitely getting delayed.

The other thing is, I'm sure he has to build in some time for post production on the penguin. I would be surprised if he is not heavily involved in that since it's supposed to tie into the sequel.

If I recall, that was supposed to be a 5 month shoot and they only did about 2 months. So I would imagine it finishes shooting end of February or March.

All that said, I know Reeves takes long to write and I completely understand when it came to the first movie because you are building a new film series, aesthetic, story, etc. The sequel should have been a bit faster to put together.

I think a pushback is possible, but I still think they could make it if they start filming by August. I want this film out sooner than later, but I also want Reeves to take his time and make it the best he can.

I think someone on here bought a subscription a while ago but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. @C Prometheus ?

The activity on PW is encouraging though.

If the rumors are right about Reeves submitting the script in early February, then maybe we'll finally get some news soon, at least I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"