All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
Where Anything relating to the DCEU is on topic, it's all fair game!

-fan casts
-director picks
- news of any DCEU movie
- etc

While all things are allowed for discussion my primary motivation for creating this thread was to make a place to discuss things that don't exactly fit in any one forum.

Want to talk about how BVS leads into JL?
Want to talk about Your thoughts on Superman's arc from MOS to JL?
Thoughts on the director lineup for the DCEU so far?
Want to talk about how WB is handling these properties?

And so on.

Have fun.

I'll get it started.

What are everyone's thoughts on the 2018 year for the DCEU given recent developments.

-no Replacement has been found to direct the Flash. It was supposed to start production early 2017.

-Affleck is still being coy about the Batman. Production to supposedly start in the Spring

- no word on Sirens, although Mark Hughes gave a pure Speculation that it might start production this summer

Will 2018 be just Aquaman?

It's looking more and more likely that Aquaman will be the only DCEU film in 2018.

Also, when the **** is Dark Universe supposed to come out? I hate how they're hiring these filmmakers and then being like, "Okay, we'll see where we're at in five years!" Dark Universe has a script. Why isn't that getting fast-tracked?

We really need another update on the release schedule for DCEU movies. Since the initial 2014 announcement we currently JLD, Batman, Sirens, SS 2, MOS 2, likely Flash, and even a Deadshot solo in varying states of development. And no target release dates.

From the Rock's instagram, a more fun DCEU

therockHad a very cool and strategic meeting with the heads of DC about their entire universe. As a hard core DC fan, to get a real sense of the tonal shifts and developments coming in these future movies has me fired up. Something we, as DC fans have all been waiting for for a very long time.
Hope, optimism & FUN.
Even when talking about the the most ruthless villain/anti-hero of all time finally coming to life. Prepare yourselves DC Universe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJMQv8AWVR/?hl=en

It's looking more and more likely that Aquaman will be the only DCEU film in 2018.

Also, when the **** is Dark Universe supposed to come out? I hate how they're hiring these filmmakers and then being like, "Okay, we'll see where we're at in five years!" Dark Universe has a script. Why isn't that getting fast-tracked?

Sirens shouldn't be that hard a film to make. Doesn't seem like a movie that needs a lot of post production CGI. In fact it would be better off if they keep it simple.
So I could see Sirens coming out sometime in 2018 if they start filming this year.

Big day today, GL Corps writers announced, Shazam movement and Aquaman Production dates...

I like hearing movement on GLC and Shazam. Both movies that are over 2 years out. GLC, and Shazam both have big potential.

I think The Rock is like Affleck in that he really cares about his franchise, and he has clout in the development process.

David Geyer is a mixed bag, but ill try to be optimistic with Johns in a bigger power position.

Lastly the Hal/John buddy cop angle is the best way to go for GLC. Pleases both sides, and is a cool addition to a cbm.

Oh yay. The return of David Goyer.

At least someone else is writing the movie with him.

I'm gradually awaiting when we get an announcement on Teen Titans future either in the DCEU or DCTVU.

And after giving some thought, here's a personal short list of mine for directors who can do it justice:

Joss Whedon

David Yates

Alfonso Cuaron

Matthew Vaughn

We really need another update on the release schedule for DCEU movies. Since the initial 2014 announcement we currently JLD, Batman, Sirens, SS 2, MOS 2, likely Flash, and even a Deadshot solo in varying states of development. And no target release dates.

Completely agree with this. I would be nice to see some idea of where things are headed. DCEU needs a solid gameplan with some forward direction. Things are feeling a little bit slapped together at the moment.

I would think a director for Flash or Shazam is the next bit of news.

Justice League Dark
The Batman
Gotham City Sirens
Suicide Squad 2
Man of Steel 2
Flash
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
Booster Gold
Lobo
Green Lantern Corps
Shazam
Cyborg/Teen Titans
Justice League 2

Even taking out The Batman and Gotham City Sirens, we have a dozen movies in development? :huh: And that's not what bothers me, it's really no direction for say if Wonder Woman is good and they want to do a sequel.

If I can allow myself to sound like a pissy little ingrate, that's something that disappoints me. WB has how many DCEU films in development, with no given timetable as to when these films are supposed to come out.

They have to give us an updated slate at this year's Comic-Con, right? Not that it won't change after a month.

SDCC will be after WW. Is WB/DC just seeing how things play out with WW?

If 2019 plans are not at least 'on the table' in some form of mapped out view, there will be blood spilt. As it looks like Aquaman is the single film for 2018 (no bad thing, let it breathe in it's own space) but The Batman and The Flash have to have fixed news in place one would expect at SDCC.

I'd play it....

Aquaman 2018
The Flash (Summer) & The Batman (November/Dec) 2019
Green Lantern Corps & Superman Sequel/Gotham City Sirens 2020
JL2 & Shazam 2021

Last edited:
The movie schedule was intended for shareholders.
Every studio has a ton of movies in development; announced or otherwise.

If the two 2018 movies that are being pushed back (presumably Batman and Flash), what to do about the already planned 2019 movies (JL 2, and Shazam).

I'd say Shazam stays due to the Rock heavily invested in it. The Rock is an actor in high demand, and is a big audience draw.

But I think JL 2 could get postponed for a while. I really want to hope Snyder churns out something good. But my nightmare scenario is another sub 30% rt score, a critical panning, and another sub 900 million box office. In that case I could see WB waiting a bit for a JL 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"