Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that means no ill conceived Justice League movie period.
Sounds good to me but a rushed Justice League will happen. Too many $$$ in WB exec's eyes after Avengers

Big yes to Levitt.

funny-gifs-batman-approves.gif

JGL would be a massive get for Guardians/Marvel. Not only is he a fantastic actor but if they're able to land him it gets the general public interested in this.

It would be great for many reasons. Not one person has objected to this so far and for good reason.

I doubt there is a 'race' if JGL wants the job. he's clearly a notch above the other actors in popularity and acting ability. I'm guessing the role is his if he wants it.

I'd so much prefer him in Justice League. He'd kick ass in Guardians I'm sure, but I'd much rather risk an actor I don't like having a shot at Star-Lord than Batman.

I'd rather risk a new actor to actually play Bruce Wayne/Batman, instead of having a cop turned Batman. So I really hope this isn't all fake and Marvel gets him as Star Lord. Crushing any possible chances for a Blake Batman.

JLG as Star-Lord? I feel like I just had sex, ate lobster, and did a fat rail all at once.

Please let this be true.

I'd rather risk a new actor to actually play Bruce Wayne/Batman, instead of having a cop turned Batman. So I really hope this isn't all fake and Marvel gets him as Star Lord. Crushing any possible chances for a Blake Batman.

Pretty much this. Just let Justice League be and give JGL his own franchise. Fingers crossed.

JIGGLE? Yes please! :)

Told you guys all those casting rumors were fake.

B-but....how can JGL be Star-Lord, when he's already Robin....? :(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. HA!

Awesome news, and I hope JGL gets the role.

Told you guys all those casting rumors were fake.

You don't read too well, do you? The article says simply that JGL is *one* of the actors Marvel is pursuing. It still lists Edgerton, Pace, Redmayne, Huston, Sturgess, Hedlund, Marsden, Stapleton, and yes, even Levi as being in the running.

Jeff Sneider from Variety confirms that JGL was the "mystery third man" who was being interviewed.

Guess who's trending on twitter

lol I just realized this is how Marvel handled the Cap casting too. Lower our expectations by leaking a terrible name for the part, then boom, leak a great choice

Close the deal :up:

I don't mind if they recast actors already in the MCU... That way Idris Elba is still eligible to play Luke Cage, which he would well and truly NAIL. I had him flagged for Cage years ago, back when I saw the first season of The Wire.

Oh. My. I don't fully like the idea of the same actors in the MCU but Elba would be some epic as Luke Cage!

Zachary Levi is the John Krasinski of GotG. They even look alike. :angry: Hopefully they'll have similar fates.

I like both of them, but not completely keen on having Levi in two MCU roles.

Woah! Out of nowhere!

It would be great for many reasons. Not one person has objected to this so far and for good reason.

He would be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back