Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG 2 Title Thread

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for this because I know title threads can be annoying to some, but I personally love them. What do you think the subtitle for this film will be? I suppose it might not have one, but that seems unlikely, since the Iron Man films are thus far the only Marvel sequels not to have subtitles. Here are some ideas.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Imperative

Guardians of the Galaxy: Road to Knowhere

Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos, the Hands of Fate

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy is enough of a mouthful of a title, so I say they just go with Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Yeah, I'd actually prefer just Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

But if they go for a subtitle I think Thanos Imperative would be cool, playing up Thanos influence on things.

Yeah, Thanos Imperative could be great. The big guy has to get more involved in the main story eventually.

Although I kinda want them to call it Awesome Mix Vol. 2. I would love that so much.

'Guardians of the Galaxy II: The Kree Empire Strikes Back', which sets it up for:

'Guardians of the Galaxy III: Return of the Nova Corps'... :o

GotG: Return of the A-Holes

with the exception of the IM movies all MS sequels used subtitles, so stick to that formula and retroactivly 'New Hope' the IM sequels with subtitles.

LOL @ Return of the A-Holes.

GOTG: We are Groot
GOTG: The Infinity War

I think they should just go with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. As others have said, the title's long enough already.

GotG: Return of the A-Holes

with the exception of the IM movies all MS sequels used subtitles, so stick to that formula and retroactivly 'New Hope' the IM sequels with subtitles.

Now that they have had their big moral turn and are working a a team, wouldn't that be Guardians Of The Galaxy: Not 100% D**ks?

I'd be fine with just 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' as well. I don't think its really neccessary to use a subtitle instead only because the Thor, Captain America, and Avengers films have done that.

My top 3 suggestion sub titles

Guardians of the Galaxy: NOT Planet Hulk

Guardians of The Galaxy: Ooga Chaka

But in all seriousness it should be this:

Guardians of The Galaxy: War of Kings

Iron Man naming convention... Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Guardians of the Galaxy: Blue Poles

Guardians of the Galaxy: Realm of Kings

GotG: Annihilation Conquest

those are obvious choices, I'm thinking it's just

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

GotG: Road to Knowhere
GotG: Across the Universe
GotG: Space Oddity
GotG: Supersonic Rocketship
GotG: Black Hole Son
GotG: Subterranean Homesick Alien

Guardians of the Galaxy: Eternal or Eternity (if the story is about Stor Lord's dad, Starfox)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation (if the story is about Annihilus and the Annihilation Wave)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Power of Prophesy (If the story focuses on the Collector - though I don't think it will)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Negative Zone (If that plays into the story)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Inhuman (If the Inhumans are a main part of the story)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Him (as one title for an Adam Warlock story)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Counter Earth (If that's the story)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Magus (If it's that Warlcok story, though that might be better left for a Doctor Strange story)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Beyond (If the story involves the Beyonder)

or

Guardians of the Galaxy: Sins of the Father (Just something I came up with)

GOTG: War of the Kings
GOTG: Annihilation
GOTG: Thanos imperative

That's all I got!

I'm leaning towards Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It comes off as less pretentious, which helps fit its tone. The only other Marvel movie to forsake subtitles is the Iron Man series. It would be nice to fit in with that.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Electric Boogaloo

I could see them actually use that for a name and still be the highest grossing movie of the year.

I still like my title:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Sins of the Father

As I'm very much expecting Starlord's father (Starfox? - played by Kevin Bacon) to be a big part of the story...

But here's another way to go for a title...

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2

IMO, one of the reasons why GotG worked so well was the music. Taking some classic oldies and integrating them into the story made it fun. So why wouldn't they do that again? We were left with this mix tape at the end of GotG, so it makes sense that it will be reveiled fully in the next one...

So far, all we know is that the vol. 2 Mix Tape includes Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson and I Want You Back by Jackson 5. These two were included in the Vol. 1 release, for a total of 12, but that means that there are likely upwards of 10 new songs on this new volume.

That means more songs to integrate into the film, and more money to be had by selling music associated with the film. This was a very smart way to increase $ for this film...

By naming the movie after the mix tape it's not only humorous, but comes off very much so less pretentious...

It also translates into the fact that the Guardians are a "mix" of different aliens, all with different personalities, which is what makes the stories so fun!

It also fits the overall feel for this movie series since it isn't serious, and it also promotes the music, which again is more $!!!

So, simply:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2!!!

(I know, someone else recommended this as well.)

Apparently GotG:War of Kings

If you're saying apparently it sounds to me like you saw that logo, which FYI is completely fan made so. Don't bet on that.

As for the title just keep it GOTG2. Leave it like IM, doesn't need anymore than just the sequel number honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"