Phase 4 Predictions

Am I the only one who is absolutly not interested to the Fantastic 4?
And I cant imagine Marvel is willing to take that medial war from the critics.

No, you're not. I quite enjoyed the first FF movie but I've no interest in seeing them in the MCU. Surfer would be cool, but that's about it.

Either way characters who need to be brought into Phase 4 in their own solos definitely have to be Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four

I would love to see Moon Knight feature heavily on the big screen.

If you don't want the F4 and the related characters to be in the MCU, then I'm just going to assume you're not familiar with them. Kang, Galactus, Doom, Surfer, Annihilus? There's literally no downside to having the F4 characters in the MCU. We're going to need them more and more as time goes on.

Am I the only one who is absolutly not interested to the Fantastic 4?
And I cant imagine Marvel is willing to take that medial war from the critics.

I don't care much about the 4 themselves, but I really want the other characters: Doom, Kang, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Super-Skrull, Mephisto, Agatha Harkness, etc.

Z3XkDhO.jpg

FF and Xmen have a lot of the most popular cosmic and extradimensional characters no doubt. However, movie's can mine an idea from anywhere in the comics and make something cool out of it. So listing all the popular characters the FF has really in no way means the MCU really needs them.

Bast case scenario is Marvel getting back all the rights to all there characters. They are the only ones I trust to bring the comic book character to the big screen correctly.

A proper Disney Marvel adaptation of Fantastic Four looks good right about now and put it under the Paramount Pictures or under the Walt Disney umbrella

No, you're not. I quite enjoyed the first FF movie but I've no interest in seeing them in the MCU. Surfer would be cool, but that's about it.

It is true that the F4 has one of the most memorable rogues gallery especially having Doom and Galactus alone...

However, there are so many pluses to having the core 4 in the MCU:

Let's start with Reed Richards...the greatest mind of the Marvel Universe (well Doom is but that is bias)...he could interact with Stark, Banner, etc...not to mention when Doom arrives, you will create THE single greatest rivalry in Marvel...there are so many layers to their rivalry

Johnny Storm...getting to interact with Peter Parker would be incredible...we could also get the "Romeo and Juliet" mentality with Johnny and Crystal should the Inhumans get involved in the theatrical MCU...

Ben Grimm...getting to see him and Hulk have their historic feud...him and Alicia...on and on

Sue...her possibly losing control and becoming Malice...trying to get out of Reed's shadow as her own person...of course giving birth to both Franklin and Valeria, the first children of the MCU

Ultimately, them coming into the MCU gives us countless worlds and characters unless each of those characters are traded/bought separately...with Annihilus/Blastaar you get the Negative Zone which opens the door to Annihilation.

With Mole Man and his Moloids, you get Subterranea

With Kang, you finally get time travel/the future and one of the top Avengers villains

With Galactus, you get a universal/global threat and open the door to countless heralds: Silver Surfer, Nova, Firelord, Terrax, Plasma, Gabriel, etc

and of course with Doctor Doom, you get Marvel's (and possibly comicdom's) ultimate villain and his kingdom of Latveria, the storylines with him alone could stretch the MCU for decades...

It is true that the F4 has one of the most memorable rogues gallery especially having Doom and Galactus alone...

However, there are so many pluses to having the core 4 in the MCU:

Let's start with Reed Richards...the greatest mind of the Marvel Universe (well Doom is but that is bias)...he could interact with Stark, Banner, etc...not to mention when Doom arrives, you will create THE single greatest rivalry in Marvel...there are so many layers to their rivalry

Johnny Storm...getting to interact with Peter Parker would be incredible...we could also get the "Romeo and Juliet" mentality with Johnny and Crystal should the Inhumans get involved in the theatrical MCU...

Ben Grimm...getting to see him and Hulk have their historic feud...him and Alicia...on and on

Sue...her possibly losing control and becoming Malice...trying to get out of Reed's shadow as her own person...of course giving birth to both Franklin and Valeria, the first children of the MCU

Ultimately, them coming into the MCU gives us countless worlds and characters unless each of those characters are traded/bought separately...with Annihilus/Blastaar you get the Negative Zone which opens the door to Annihilation.

With Mole Man and his Moloids, you get Subterranea

With Kang, you finally get time travel/the future and one of the top Avengers villains

With Galactus, you get a universal/global threat and open the door to countless heralds: Silver Surfer, Nova, Firelord, Terrax, Plasma, Gabriel, etc

and of course with Doctor Doom, you get Marvel's (and possibly comicdom's) ultimate villain and his kingdom of Latveria, the storylines with him alone could stretch the MCU for decades...

Plus with the Fantastic Four and their characters as well as villains all under the Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe umbrella the storylines you can tell you are right can stretch the MCU for decades

Plus with the Fantastic Four they add to the cosmic part of the MCU similar to how The Guardians of the Galaxy do

Not to mention the action figures, merchandising, etc. would sell like hot cakes

A Black Widow movie, with or without Hawkeye in a sidekick role, seems like a sure bet.

I could kind of see this as a "For Your Eyes Only" style film taking things more down to earth after the presumably massive scale of the Infinity War films.

A big issue though I expect is do they want to change the way the tentpole Avengers/Cap films function? My feeling has always been that the reason we haven't seen a Black Widow or indeed another Hulk film after the first Avengers is that Marvel have seen how important these two are dramatically to the big films and want to keep them fresh. To start with I think you have two of the best dramatic actors in the MCU in the roles but also you have characters with arguably the most unresolved drama.

-Avengers Infinity war 2
- Spider-Man 2

- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Doctor Strange 2
- Nova

- Spider-Man 3
-Adam Warlock
- Ant-Man 3

- Black Panther 2
- The Mighty Thor
- Captain Marvel 2

- Spiderman 4
- New Guardians(with Adam warlock,Mighty Thor,Nova as new members of the Guardians team)
- Dr Strange 3

- Widow
- New Avengers
- Adam warlock 2

- Nova 2
- Spider-Man 5
- Captain Marvel 3

- Black Panther 3
- The Mighty Thor 2
- Namor

Captain Marvel
IW2
Homecoming2

May-GOTG3
August-New Marvel Hero film
Nov-Dr Strange 2

Black Panther 2
Spidey 3
Antman 3

I kinda wonder if putting GOTG2 in 2020 is a mistake. Audiences (hell, the cast too) might burn out because there will be four movies in a row with the Guardians. They could push it off 2021 and let anticipation build up a bit for their next movie. But eh.

I think Guardians 3 will be fine...it turns out they weren't a billion dollar franchise after all, which is going to take the pressure off considerably.

Curious to see what they will do with Spider-Man sequels though. The next one is to come out after Infinity War, but also only a year after the first one in-Universe. So does that mean Avengers 3 and 4 will take place in 2017?

Let's see...

Captain Marvel
Untitled Avengers 4
Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fantastic Four
Untitled Doctor Strange Sequel

Untitled Black Panther Sequel
Namor
Untitled Captain Marvel Sequel

Untitled Ant-Man Threequel
Thunderbolts
Avengers: Illuminati

The Only Character if Marvel ever gets the rights to FF Marvel should use in that Universe is. Doctor Doom.

Since Randall Park has been cast as Jimmy Woo for Ant-Man and The Wasp, I think an Agents of Atlas film could be a lot of fun.

I think after three seasons of solo series and two seasons of The Defenders, Daredevil (and the Kingpin) should graduate to the movies, preferably the third Spider-Man. Hopefully by that time (around 2021, I guess?) the MCU movie and television department has already figure their **** out. I think Skye should also be another character to promote from the TV show to the movies. Chloe Bennet is still young and she could be huge if given the chance.

Netflix should move on to different projects and/or retain the leftovers for Heroes for Hire series.

As for the movies, I hope they'll stop killing their villains so that we can have them teaming up to take on the Avengers. I think Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will each get their trilogy. Spider-Man should at least get two trilogies because of how big its universe is, as long as Sony doesn't screw this up.

2019/2020: Spidey2, Gotg vol. 3, Doctor Stranger, Black Panthers, new property
2021: Captain Marvel Part II, Ant-Man and Goliath, new property
2022: New property, Avenger5

I have no idea if they would make insert name movie #4 for the big three. And I don't think they are gonna do two Avengers movie in two consecutive years in 1 MCU phase again. Though I won't be surprised if there are more team up movies like Civil War and Ragnarok. Third Spidey movie should come after Avenger5. As for the new properties/series, maybe Fantastic Four? I want Marvel to surprise me with solo movies for Namor, She Hulk and Spider-Woman. But given the rights issue, I think it would be someone else. Maybe Nova? I don't really see Warlock or any of the Gotg getting their spin off film well at least not in this phase.

Writing this, it looks like they are kinda running out of big new heroes especially we are getting / already got movies for the likes of Ds/Am/Cm/Sm and Bp in phase three. I would be surprised if the likes of Moon, Rider, Chi and Blade go to the movies and get their own feature film. They had their chance for another new ensemble movie with the Inhumans, but looks like they dropped the ball quickly.

With DOOM possibly coming out from Fox. I no longer see the Fantastic Four getting a launch in phase IV.

2019:
Spider-Man 2

2020:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Doctor Strange 2

2021:
Black Panther 2
Ant-Man 3
Nova

2022:
Captain Marvel 2
Avengers 5
Spider-Man 3 (phase 5)

But I wonder how you can continue the Avengers franchise especially when everything is leading up to the final battle with Thanos? I mean with Thanos it just feels so final as far as Infinity War like where do you go from there after everything is said and done if Thanos dies especially if he is supposed to be the "Ultimate Big Bad of the Universe"?

I don't care much about the 4 themselves, but I really want the other characters: Doom, Kang, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Super-Skrull, Mephisto, Agatha Harkness, etc.

Z3XkDhO.jpg

I think that Mephisto is with the Ghost Rider rights.

Why does everyone feel like solo films will only be trilogies?

James Bond continued after three films. Why can't MCU characters?

Its a fair assumption. Its because they didn't make Iron Man 4 after all these years, when it probably earn more than another Ant-Man movie. Is there even a talk of a 4th Captain America movie?

But I wonder how you can continue the Avengers franchise especially when everything is leading up to the final battle with Thanos? I mean with Thanos it just feels so final as far as Infinity War like where do you go from there after everything is said and done if Thanos dies especially if he is supposed to be the "Ultimate Big Bad of the Universe"?

Well Feige has plans up until to 2028, and A4 doesnt doesn't feel like final especially Spider-Man 2 and Gotg 3 are already in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"