Untitled Film: July 8, 2016
Untitled Film: May 5, 2017
Untitled Film: July 28, 2017
Untitled Film: November 3, 2017
Untitled Film: May 3, 2018
Untitled Film: July 6, 2018
Untitled Film: November 2, 2018
Untitled Film: May 3, 2019

This is your Phase 3 people. Enjoy it since it's bigger than I expected.

If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd suggest that the second Phase 3 film is Doctor Strange based on how a director was already cast.

Come 2017, one of the three films is absolutely Thor 3 which Chris Hemsworth mentions being contracted for. The second is mostly likely Black Panther which Kevin Feige seems to name drop all the time.

The third is something that I'm drawing blanks on but it's probably Captain Marvel since Wonder Woman comes out the same year and Marvel won't want to appear behind the times when it comes to female superheroes.

The three for 2018 can be anything but the safest bets are Black Widow, Blade, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans. Three of these five will probably be made and the other three will be saved for Phase 4. A Blade script was stated to be in production but there were also statements about how Doctor Strange would have to come before any other Marvel horror films and I haven't heard anything from Kevin Feige or Joss Whedon about Blade so it's safe to cross this off. A Black Widow film could happen but she can be handled on a TV budget and it would be a good way for Marvel Studios to lock Scarlett Johansson's time down so I'm guessing no to that as well. Based on James Gunn wanting to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Thanos being confirmed to be the villain in Avengers 3, this absolutely has to be one of them. Then there's all the talk of a Hulk sequel that won't be Planet Hulk. Does this mean that characters like Marlo Chandler, Amadeus Cho and the entire Pantheon team are going to be present since Feige wants to keep Hulk near other humans? I certainly hope so. Finally, there's been a lot of talk about Inhumans so they're probably going to be the third 2018 film.

2019 is absolutely 100% going to be Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet. It'll be a film that unites the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Defenders and if Sony sells the rights back, I also expect Spider-Man to show up. Namor could also make an appearance since Marvel just has to figure out a few legal issues before he's usable. I expect this film to be a massive extravaganza that will have a scope that will put everything before it to shame.

Runaways, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Punisher will probably be saved for TV and Iron Man 4 is confirmed to not be part of Phase 3. Ghost Rider is most likely being saved for Phase 4 along with Iron Man to ensure that audiences have forgotten all about the Sony films starring Nicholas Cage. Power Pack would work better as an animated film.

Even if I'm dead wrong about the remaining films and we get Howard the Duck, Century, Deathcry and Doctor Druid rounding out Phase 3, it's still more Marvel films which is always a good thing.

TL;DR My Predictions

Ant-Man: July 17, 2015
Captain America 3: May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange: July 8, 2016
Thor 3: May 5, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: July 28, 2017
Captain Marvel: November 3, 2017
Hulk 2: May 3, 2018
Black Panther: July 6, 2018
Inhumans: November 2, 2018
Avengers 3: May 3, 2019

EDIT: Phase 3 just got longer. New film confirmed for 2018. Also, Hulk/Guardians team-up film is probably not happening. I guess that means the Guardians can link up with Phylla-Vell and Adam Warlock instead while Hulk picks up those loose plot threads involving Leader. Marvel also said a few months back that a solo War Machine film is not in development.

SECOND EDIT: Guardians Release date announced.

Last edited:
My guess:
Ant-Man- July 17, 2015
Captain America: Red Menace- May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange- July 8, 2016
Thor: Ragnarok- May 5, 2017
Black Panther- July 28, 2017
Planet Hulk- November 3, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy 2- July 6, 2018
Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet part 1- November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet part 2- May 3, 2019

I honestly don't think we'll see solo movies for Black Widow or War Machine.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three

Ant-Man
July 17, 2015

Captain America 3
May 6, 2016

Doctor Strange
July 8, 2016

Thor 3
May 5, 2017

Black Panther
July 28, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
November 3, 2017

Captain Marvel
July 6, 2018

Inhumans
November 2, 2018

The Avengers 3
May 3, 2019

:D

Last edited:
Inless Robert Downey JR agrees to do Iron Man 4 I don't think they would wait so long to do avengers 3.

Thor 3 could be opening same day as Justice league.And may 2017 could also be when ASM3 opens if it is released in 2017.

Fox's mystery X-Men related film In 2018 could be hurt If it's gambit or X-force.Of course if it's film with original cast then it may be able to hold it's own

July 17, 2015: Ant-Man
May 6, 2016: Captain America 3
July 8, 2016: Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017: Thor 3
July 28, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk
November 3, 2017: Ms. Marvel
July 6, 2018: Black Panther
November 2, 2018: The Inhumans
May 3, 2019: The Avengers 3

Wild cards for one of the 2017-18 movies: Iron Man 4 or Ant-Man 2.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three

Ant-Man
July 17, 2015

Captain America 3
May 6, 2016

Doctor Strange
July 8, 2016

Thor 3
May 5, 2017

Black Panther
July 28, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
November 3, 2017

Captain Marvel
July 6, 2018

Inhumans
November 2, 2018

The Avengers 3
May 3, 2019

:D

This is my Guesses as well.

I don't think they'll call the character or the movie itself 'Black Panther'

There'll probably try The Panther os something.

Their first movie with a black Man as the lead being called Black by name probably won't happen.

Their first movie with a black Man as the lead being called Black by name probably won't happen.

Black is not a dirty word. They have no problem continuing to use the name Black Panther in all other media. It's possible they could go with Panther, but it's not like sane individuals would flip out over the use of the word black.

nDaxxYI.gif

Yeah if they make a black panther movie it will be called Black panther, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
That begin said I'm pumped to see that Marvel is locked and loaded to release more movies than expected, what with three being released in 2017. That'll be a great year.
Have they talked in the past about a captain marvel movie? Cause I can't remember ever hearing any rumors about that, but I could be wrong.

Yeah if they make a black panther movie it will be called Black panther, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
That begin said I'm pumped to see that Marvel is locked and loaded to release more movies than expected, what with three being released in 2017. That'll be a great year.
Have they talked in the past about a captain marvel movie? Cause I can't remember ever hearing any rumors about that, but I could be wrong.

Ms. Marvel went through the same script development program Guardians of the Galaxy went through, IIRC. They're definitely considering it. They seem to have used that program to develop ideas they're seriously considering. Iron Fist and Dr. Strange also reportedly had early scripts via their writer's program.

I doubt anyone would really have a problem with a character who's gone by that name since the 60s. Seems someone got a little too PC with that call.

Hopefully three of those movies will be for Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther. Marvel needs to introduce some of their other big name Avengers, especially if the likes of Iron Man and Thor are (temporarily) retired because the contracts for the actors have expired.

BET, also known as Black Entertainment Television, had no problem airing the motion comic titled Black Panther. Just throwing that out there.

Hopefully three of those movies will be for Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther. Marvel needs to introduce some of their other big name Avengers, especially if the likes of Iron Man and Thor are (temporarily) retired because the contracts for the actors have expired.

Dr. Strange has a director. It's probably the July 2016 film.

Ms. Marvel went through the same script development program Guardians of the Galaxy went through, IIRC. They're definitely considering it. They seem to have used that program to develop ideas they're seriously considering. Iron Fist and Dr. Strange also reportedly had early scripts via their writer's program.

Good to hear those are in the pipeline, but I'm dying for a Black Panther film.
I'm sure they are waiting for the stars to aline perfectly instead of just shotgunning a mediocre film out there, but I really feel that a BP movie with the right cast and the right people behind it could really be successful and unique, sort of similar to how GoTG is looking.

Good to hear those are in the pipeline, but I'm dying for a Black Panther film.
I'm sure they are waiting for the stars to aline perfectly instead of just shotgunning a mediocre film out there, but I really feel that a BP movie with the right cast and the right people behind it could really be successful and unique, sort of similar to how GoTG is looking.

Black Panther has definitely been in development. It's only a matter of time. Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and the Inhumans all seem to be in talks. It's really just a question of Phase 3 or Phase 4? Movie or television? Keep in mind we were hearing similar development tidbits on GotG before that was official. Look where we're at now.

True. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, as I think Marvel's got every opportunity to make this film and I could easily seeing it become their one of their next big franchises once RDJ's contract expires.

I just want to go into the offices and see what's hanging on the walls I won't tell anyone ever I promise.

Also I agree that 'Black Panther' could be a problematic movie title. Not because he's black but because of the Black Panther Party and you are kidding yourself if you think no one will bother to bring this up during the 2+ years it takes to make, market and distribute a film.

Not saying it can't or won't happen but it seems like a bit of a hurdle that marketing types will have to think about carefully.

As someone else said, it didn't seem to be a problem with the cartoon released on BET. I agree that's a bit of a different situation but I think the same rules apply.

As someone else said, it didn't seem to be a problem with the cartoon released on BET. I agree that's a bit of a different situation but I think the same rules apply.

A tentpole feature film is quite different from a cartoon no one watched. A big budget superhero film called Black Panther about an African king & superhero is going to get a lot of exposure and not all of it will be from people who like the idea. There is no way it won't happen, if only because a **** ton of political pundits are going to get easy exposure from talking about it endlessly and trying to stir **** up.

*I'm* all for it, because Tchalla is awesome, but it's a minefield is all I am saying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"