Director/Showrunner Suggestions

Directors:
Joon-ho Bung - Hulk
Joe Cornish - Runaways (unless Ant-Man drama turned him off completely)
Jim Mickle - The Punisher
Brad Bird - Agents of Atlas
Kathryn Bigelow - Black Widow/Hawkeye team up
Tarsem Singh - Inhumans
Kim Jee-woon - Thunderbolts

Alex Proyas is someone I'd like to see involved.. maybe Blade, Ghost Rider, Inhumans or something like Thunderbolts would be a good fit for him.

Joe Carnahan if they ever do Thunderbolts or Ghost Rider could work.

I like what David Twohy did with the Riddick films, he could potentially work with Thor 3.

Alfonso Cuaron is someone else i would like to see involved but not really sure with what. He could probably do anything given to him mind but he could be a good fit for Thor also.

Finally Brad Bird. He could do anything imo but he is my pick to take over Avengers once Whedon steps down.

Luke Cage = The Hughes Brothers.

They did Menace to society and The Book of Eli.

They understand black people in a non suburban setting and can make a fantasy setting work.

They'd be a good choice had they not separated.

It's tricky to think of directors for marvel films because marvel tends to like lesser known directors that let them have creative control a bit.

Still, a Neil blompkamp blank panther movie would be amazing

Still, a Neil blompkamp blank panther movie would be amazing

I can't really agree, unless your idea is that he only does the visuals and aesthetics, while Marvel Studios keeps a firm reign on the plot. Elysium showed that, given his druthers, he will dive head first into bad soap box plotting. That is the absolute *last* tendency you need for a Black Panther movie, where there is too much potential as is to hit "All the bad things in Africa are the fault of *you*, evil white people in the audience who gave us money!"

Not strictly Marvel studios but Michael Dougherty for Deadpool. He's already bros with Brian Singer and been involved with most of the good x-men movies.

I can't really agree, unless your idea is that he only does the visuals and aesthetics, while Marvel Studios keeps a firm reign on the plot. Elysium showed that, given his druthers, he will dive head first into bad soap box plotting. That is the absolute *last* tendency you need for a Black Panther movie, where there is too much potential as is to hit "All the bad things in Africa are the fault of *you*, evil white people in the audience who gave us money!"
Couldn't agree more. And even if the point was a simple, uncomplicated message like "YES, IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF THE EVIL ELITE THAT WANT TO KEEP THE MASSES DOWN BY HOGGING ALL THE RESOURCES FOR THEMSELVES", such a sentiment could've easily been communicated in a much more nuanced, less ham-fisted manner.

I forgave District 9 its faults, and would even recommend that film, because Blomkamp showed promise as a director and I thought his feel for storytelling would get more and more refined with experience. With Elysium, though, it seems that he completely misunderstood the aspects that made District 9 successful, and pumped up all of that movie's faults to 11, while including very little that made District 9 a (reasonably) decent film.

Elysium was a terrible disappointment, IMO. And I wouldn't want him anywhere near Black Panther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"