Phase 4 Hopes?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Here's my ideal Phase 4

New ABC Series - She-Hulk

New ABC Family Series - Avengers Academy, Runaways

New Disney Channel Series - Power Pack

New Netflix Series - Moon Knight, Elektra, Punisher, Blade, Black Widow, Hawkeye (All but Moon Knight were rumored to be in development but I really like Moon Knight and he's make for a great TV show)

December - Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff

March - Iron Man: Armor Wars

May - Hulk: Ghosts of the Past

July - Guardians of the Galaxy: The Kree-Skrull War

November - War Machine: The Dragon Seed Saga

March - Ghost Rider (Scarecrow as villain)

May - Ant-Man 2 (Beetle as villain)

July - Captain America: New World Orders

November - Thor: Gods and Men

March - Spider-Man - Venom

May - Captain Marvel: Live Kree or Die

July - Eternals

November - Black Panther: Gorilla Warfare

March - Thunderbolts

May - Mighty Avengers - Atlantis Attacks

July - West Coast Avengers - Evolutionary War

November - Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage

I would tone down on Spider-Man. I'm a bit tired of him after five films. Marvel should focus on bringing in newer characters and stop with a trilogy. I'm tired of the big three dominating the box office. Bring in some new talent. With the mass amount of characters being introduced in phase 3, Marvel may just have to focus on more team based movies.

Shang-Chi

She-Hulk

Monica Rambeau in some capacity (if she doesn't already appear in Captain Marvel)

More international heroes

Ms. Marvel

Nova

Its been said before and shall be said once more:

Phase Four begins with THE Four. It will be fantastic.

Hulk: Ghosts of the Past?

Hmmm, I'm guessing Leader then? Cool.

I think I'd rather She-Hulk have a Netflix series, but other than that, pretty neat line up you've got there.

The characters I want to see in phase four, ending with a big Avengers spectacle, are Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider and Blade

Midnight Sons movie is my biggest wish.

Its been said before and shall be said once more:

Phase Four begins with THE Four. It will be fantastic.

I have mixed feelings about that movie. On the one hand, I'm hoping I'll really enjoy it and it'll do really well, but on the other, if it doesn't, Fox will likely just throw in the towel and the rights will revert back to Marvel, leaving only the X-Men as the only major characters I can think of off the top of my head that Marvel don't at least co-own the rights to.

Hulk: Ghosts of the Past?

Hmmm, I'm guessing Leader then? Cool.

I think I'd rather She-Hulk have a Netflix series, but other than that, pretty neat line up you've got there.

Yep. Any title which I didn't clarify an antagonist for has a pretty obvious villain. Marvel left us hanging with the Leader subplot and they need to resolve it.

I'd also drop Amadeus Cho, Rick Jones and Marlo Chandler into the Hulk sequel as Hulk's new friends as well as the Joe Fixit persona.

I also feel like it's a good idea to use Tom Holland as much as possible while he's still young and have Phase 4 be his college years. Plus, Sony is going to want a sequel every two years and Spider-Man is Marvel's flagship character. It would feel dumb to not milk him for all he's worth.

Plus Ghost Rider would be Marvel Studios' first R rated feature film, Eternals would introduce a whole new side of the Marvel U and Thunderbolts would be Marvel's first supervillain movie about HYDRA's secret plot to save the world from Count Nefaria.

Phase 5 should be Dark Reign where Green Goblin is Director of SHIELD and we see the heroes hunted and the Thunderbolts replacing the Avengers. Phase 5 films would include Spider-Man: The Night Gwen Stay Died, Iron Man: World's Most Wanted, Black Panther: Enemy of the State, Captain Marvel: War of the Marvels, Captain America: Red Zone and Hulk: Code Red.

Last edited:
If Marvel gets DOOM back then all bets are off...Doom becomes the Thanos of the next few phases...the threat he should be ultimately culminating with Secret Wars.

proper Defenders. Hopefully MS gets the right back to the Silver Surfer and then we can build up to a Defenders movie consisting of Strange, Norrin Radd, Hulk instead of this Defenders in name only that are actually just the Heroes for Hire and their avocado

Phase 4 hopes?

A proper Mandarin. I don't care if it's Iron Man 4, Iron Man in someone else's movie, or even if it's Avengers taking down the Ten Rings in the first 15 minutes of a movie, ala the Von Strucker raid, I just want to see an Iron Man vs Mandarin fight at some point.

Dr Doom being the big bad of the MCU.

Ant-Man 2
Doctor Strange 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Spider-Man 2
Fantastic Four
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
The Incredible Hulk 2
Avengers 4

X-men MCU
FF MCU
Blade MCU
Silver Surfer MCU
Star Jammers MCU
Annihilation MCU (Nova, GOTG, SS crossover)

My personal wishlist for the future of the MCU:

An MCU-based standalone villain origin movie entitled (Marvel's) Doom. To see Marvel portray their greatest villain in all his glory with a proper back story (Gypsies, Latveria, Mephisto and all) would be epic (not to mention finally putting to rest the MCU villain debate while people conveniently ignore what they were able to do with Kingpin.) Doom is not the fifth member of the Fantastic Four or some freak who "gets powers". He is Iron Man and Dr. Strange combined.

I'd also like to see a standalone Namor the Sub-Mariner film (make him a villain too at first). If they can figure a way to tie flashbacks into the 40's it would be epic to see him battle the original Human Torch.

I'd like to see an MCU Fantastic Four origin set in the 60's without Doom. As a television series perhaps.

I'd like to see an Ant-Man sequel (where two timelines are featured simultaneously like Godfather Part II) featuring
Hank Pym in his younger days adventuring with Janet during the Cold War while his older self and Hope venture into the Microverse to bring back Janet.
Have Reed Richards and co. cameo in this tale.

I'd like to see an Incredible Hulk sequel - preferably on Earth leading to either Planet Hulk or
perhaps an adventure in the Microverse

(However, I'm having doubts that either Hulk or Ant-Man will get a sequel if Ant-Man doesn't do better at the box office)

Introduce Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Annihilus in a future installment of Guardians of the Galaxy leading into an adaptation of Annihilation.

Establish Norman Osborn leading up to Dark Reign and the Thunderbolts.

Have Thor save Asgard from Ragnarok by bringing it to Midgard setting up a Reigning/Seige hybrid storyline.

The real Mandarin, the Makluans and Fin Fang Foom.

Kang!

Red Skull returns and reclaims his role as head of Hydra.

Agent Carter introduces other Golden Age heroes like Jim Hammond the original Human Torch, the Angel, Miss America, etc.

A more vicious Ultron 2.0 returns with a vengeance against the Avengers.

Zemo assembles the "Masters of Evil".

Spider-Man/Daredevil cross over.

Introduce the Skrulls and bring us to the Kree/Skrull War! ... and eventually Secret Invasion.

proper Defenders. Hopefully MS gets the right back to the Silver Surfer and then we can build up to a Defenders movie consisting of Strange, Norrin Radd, Hulk instead of this Defenders in name only that are actually just the Heroes for Hire and their avocado

Even if the Netflix shows inexplicably bomb, Marvel isn't going to reuse the Defenders name for something else. Especially a movie that would have no good reason for existing.

Even if the Netflix shows inexplicably bomb, Marvel isn't going to reuse the Defenders name for something else. Especially a movie that would have no good reason for existing.
giving the history of the team and the quality of its members way more reason than a HfH Netflix show.

Marvel has F4 TV rights don't they? Do they?

That might be interesting. Obviously they wouldnt want to support the Fox franchise in anyway, but it might be a good idea.

Phase 4 (2020 - 2024)

Cable TV:
Inhumans (due to the info in the post below)
Lady Sif and the Warriors Three
(cancel Agents of SHIELD)

Netflix:
Daredevil S03 - 04
Heroes for Hire S01- 02 (combining Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist)
Punisher S01 - 02
Defenders S02

Cinema (Marvel/Disney):
Dr Strange 2
Widowmaker (starring Black Widow, Bucky and Hawkeye)
Black Panther 2
Hulk something (Planet Hulk or Hulk 2 or w/e)
Iron Man 4
Thor 4
Avengers 4 or West Coast Avengers

Last edited:
Marvel has F4 TV rights don't they? Do they?

That might be interesting. Obviously they wouldnt want to support the Fox franchise in anyway, but it might be a good idea.

Phase 4 (2020 - 2024)

Cable TV:
Fantastic Four
Lady Sif and the Warriors Three
(cancel Agents of SHIELD)

Netflix:
Daredevil S03 - 04
Heroes for Hire S01- 02 (combining Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist)
Punisher S01 - 02
Defenders S02

Cinema (Marvel/Disney):
Dr Strange 2
Widowmaker (starring Black Widow, Bucky and Hawkeye)
Black Panther 2
Hulk something (Planet Hulk or Hulk 2 or w/e)
Iron Man 4
Thor 4
Avengers 4 or West Coast Avengers

Marvel do not have the live action rights to the Fantastic Four or X-Men. They tried with Mutant X and wound up with a lawsuit. They can do a Fantastic Four animated series but considering how Marvel's recent Spider-Man and Avengers series have fared when compared to their predecessors, it's not something anyone is hoping for.

The FF are over with the X-Men and when you consider that Bryan Singer has recently confirmed a crossover with the FF and X-Men, Fox have been given the green light by Marvel.

There's hope that Marvel may be looking to do a crossover with the Fox owned characters, but that's presumably a long way away.

I would like to see Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and maybe even the FF get introduced in the MCU. Otherwise, more Captain America, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man would be cool. Hopefully Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel do well enough to warrant sequels. I want to see the real Mandarin show up somewhere, so I'd approve of an Iron Man 4 for this reason alone. I don't care what happens to Thor after his third movie. If he gets a fourth, that's dandy, but I'd rather have another Hulk solo film or an actual Mandarin Iron Man movie instead of a fourth Thor.

Perhaps I should wait and see how the Netflix series' are going to play out, but I'd really like to see something with Heroes for Hire that's Iron Fist, Cage and Misty and Colleen.

I think a solo Hulk movie that introduces She-Hulk could lead to something awesome--either a series or film. I think Shulkie is a much more interesting character than her cousin and I'd love to see her on the screen.

An Ant-Man prequel with Hank and Jan back in the 60's or 70's.

And, this one is more of a wet dream than something I really think would ever happen (especially since the Netflix shows) but I wanted to see a double feature of a solo Luke Cage movie done as a total Blaxploitation homage and a solo Iron Fist movie done as an homage to the old Golden Harvest kung fu movies. The movies would play together kind of like Planet Terror and Death Proof did in Grindhouse, since, well, blaxploitation and kung fu films actually were shown in grindhouse theaters.

My personal wishlist for the future of the MCU:

An MCU-based standalone villain origin movie entitled (Marvel's) Doom. To see Marvel portray their greatest villain in all his glory with a proper back story (Gypsies, Latveria, Mephisto and all) would be epic (not to mention finally putting to rest the MCU villain debate while people conveniently ignore what they were able to do with Kingpin.) Doom is not the fifth member of the Fantastic Four or some freak who "gets powers". He is Iron Man and Dr. Strange combined.

I'd also like to see a standalone Namor the Sub-Mariner film (make him a villain too at first). If they can figure a way to tie flashbacks into the 40's it would be epic to see him battle the original Human Torch.

I'd like to see an MCU Fantastic Four origin set in the 60's without Doom. As a television series perhaps.

I'd like to see an Ant-Man sequel (where two timelines are featured simultaneously like Godfather Part II) featuring
Hank Pym in his younger days adventuring with Janet during the Cold War while his older self and Hope venture into the Microverse to bring back Janet.
Have Reed Richards and co. cameo in this tale.

I'd like to see an Incredible Hulk sequel - preferably on Earth leading to either Planet Hulk or
perhaps an adventure in the Microverse

(However, I'm having doubts that either Hulk or Ant-Man will get a sequel if Ant-Man doesn't do better at the box office)

Introduce Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Annihilus in a future installment of Guardians of the Galaxy leading into an adaptation of Annihilation.

Establish Norman Osborn leading up to Dark Reign and the Thunderbolts.

Have Thor save Asgard from Ragnarok by bringing it to Midgard setting up a Reigning/Seige hybrid storyline.

The real Mandarin, the Makluans and Fin Fang Foom.

Kang!

Red Skull returns and reclaims his role as head of Hydra.

Agent Carter introduces other Golden Age heroes like Jim Hammond the original Human Torch, the Angel, Miss America, etc.

A more vicious Ultron 2.0 returns with a vengeance against the Avengers.

Zemo assembles the "Masters of Evil".

Spider-Man/Daredevil cross over.

Introduce the Skrulls and bring us to the Kree/Skrull War! ... and eventually Secret Invasion.
Yes! To all of this! :up: Especially the doom movie, that'd be so sweet if handled correctly. And an ant-man sequel is my most anticipated sequel.

What I would be concerned about is that as the movies begin heading into their second decade, a lot of the actors engaged with the project right now in major character roles are going to certainly be leaving. There is only so long an actor will want to play the same character...
As a result, the A-list characters are going to begin phasing out and dying off and then they'll need to bring in the B-list and C-list characters to replace them. And once you start scrapping the bottom of that barrel, audiences are going to disengage.
It will be interesting to see just how far Marvel is able to push things.

As far as new properties are concerned, the one I want to see the most is an MCU FF films if Marvel can get the rights back soon. A Namor film would be cool as well. I like the idea of perhaps they could kill two birds with one stone and have them both in the same film.

Beyond that, I'd love to see a second Hulk film, IM4, CA4, and Ant-Man 2. Others I'd expect to see, but still excited about, are GOTG3 and MCU Spider-Man 2.

I hope Thor and Cap get a break, there will be more than enough properties to fill the void IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"