Phase 4 Predictions

Honestly, I think the more interesting question should be what new properties will appear in phase 4? Obviously we know it's going to consist mainly of sequels.:thud:Not that that's a bad thing but less fun to postulate over (unless get into specifics what want see in it or whatever).

We know Mr. Feige said hopes focus on cosmic side of things moreso. Probably cause Gaurdians 3 only one studio committed to making the most at the moment but still wondering what this could possibly mean. Adam will be in Gaurdians 3. Perhaps Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch?

What other cosmic properties are there outside of FF related characters?

But we all know that we want the Fantastic Four in Phase 4 but honestly I don't think it will happen unless Marvel/Disney somehow get the rights back but even if they do it will most likely be too late unless Disney/Marvel do a deal with FOX similar to how they did one with Sony in order to get Spider Man into the Universe

Doctor Strange 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy vol 3
Black Panther 2
Ant-Man 3
Captain Marvel 2
Captain America 4 (Barnes or Wilson)

Xmen vs Avengers. Would shatter all records.

I doubt it. The X-Men franchise is much less popular right now than the GOTG franchise, and the Avengers are meeting the Guardians in next year's Infinity War.

For non-sequels;

If Marvel would stop killing off all of their villains (not named Loki), a Thunderbolts movie could be fun.

A Black Widow movie, with or without Hawkeye in a sidekick role, seems like a sure bet.

Similarly, a Winter Soldier / Falcon buddy-cop movie could be a neat change of pace (the two of them had some fun bickering banter in Civil War).

A WW2-set Invaders movie would rock my world, but will probably never happen.

All a Nextwave movie would need to work right off the page would be to have Tabitha never say the word 'mutant' (and to cheekily censor her flashback to helping Cable with his techno-organic prolapse), or, if that's a bridge too far, replace her with someone who isn't a mutant, but can fill that role.

Others, like Hellstrom or the Black Knight seem more Netflix-level than movie-level, IMO.

I doubt it. The X-Men franchise is much less popular right now than the GOTG franchise, and the Avengers are meeting the Guardians in next year's Infinity War.
Agreed. The X-Men roster of actors itself isn't too popular right now either.

Now, Brotherhood Vs Avengers...I'd love to see that. Magneto's powers would be so awesome to see against The Avengers (Iron Man's armor, Thor's hammer, Cap's shield etc.), then there's Juggernaur vs Hulk, and with alternate dimension aspect we could easily see both Fassbender and McKellen make an appearence. Throw in Old Man Logan and you could see two billion.

Xmen vs Avengers. Would shatter all records.

Not really. The X-men are an afterthought post-MCU. The two most popular teams right now are Guardians and Avengers and they are meeting up next year. Cinematic X-men have wasted the character's potential so much for so long the only two X-men the audience really cares about are Logan and Professor X.

And they are both dead!!!!

Either way characters who need to be brought into Phase 4 in their own solos definitely have to be Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four

I see:

- Spider-Man 2

- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Doctor Strange 2
- Black Widow

- Spider-Man 3
- Thor 4
- Ant-Man 3

- The Avengers 5
- Black Panther 2
- Captain Marvel 2

- Spider-Man 4
- Doctor Strange 3
- Rocket & Groot

- Captain America 4
- Black Panther 3
- Scarlet Witch & the Vision

- The Avengers 6
- Spider-Man 5
- Captain Marvel 3

- Guardians 3000
- Black Widow 2
- Nova

I can't see any of the new properties being Fantastic Four anytime soon, as much as I would like that to happen :(

Similarly, I'd like to Namor and Hulk get movies as well but I can't see that happening for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The new properties to fit your calendar I can definitely see them being Ghost Rider solo, Blade solo and Moon Knight solo

I see:

- Spider-Man 2

- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Doctor Strange 2
- Black Widow

- Spider-Man 3
- Thor 4
- Ant-Man 3

- The Avengers 5
- Black Panther 2
- Captain Marvel 2

- Spider-Man 4
- Doctor Strange 3
- Rocket & Groot

- Captain America 4
- Black Panther 3
- Scarlet Witch & the Vision

- The Avengers 6
- Spider-Man 5
- Captain Marvel 3

- Guardians 3000
- Black Widow 2
- Nova

I can't see any of the new properties being Fantastic Four anytime soon, as much as I would like that to happen :(

Similarly, I'd like to Namor and Hulk get movies as well but I can't see that happening for the foreseeable future.

Going all the way to 2026 and no IronMan 4? I see both Stark and Rogers getting their "Logan" finale.

Marvel's going to need some new IPs going into Phase Four. Those are a lot of sequels and not much else.

Going all the way to 2026 and no IronMan 4? I see both Stark and Rogers getting their "Logan" finale.
I think the Iron Man franchise is done. I think IM will either die in Infinity War or become the new Nick Fury, popping up in cameos in other franchises.

I think the Iron Man franchise is done. I think IM will either die in Infinity War or become the new Nick Fury, popping up in cameos in other franchises.

That's an easy bil and an easy way to send Star off. Also closing out the Mandarin arc. I'll be surprised if they don't do it. IIRC RDJ said he wanted to do it.

Taika Waititi directing after the sucess of Thor: Ragnarok

You had my attention at FF, now you have my interest. Fox ain't gonna give that up though.

That's an easy bil and an easy way to send Star off. Also closing out the Mandarin arc. I'll be surprised if they don't do it. IIRC RDJ said he wanted to do it.

You had my attention at FF, now you have my interest. Fox ain't gonna give that up though.

Hey if I'm wrong and we get an Iron Man 4 focusing on the Mandarin you won't see me complaining!

If Marvel would stop killing off all of their villains (not named Loki), a Thunderbolts movie could be fun.

I think there's still enough to throw a team together, There's Blonsky and Zemo (who could fill the Iron Patriot armour) both in prison, and Whiplash, though that's just a suit anyway, as is Yellowjacket .... so that's four for starters, then throw in Everett Ross as the MCUs Red Hulk and one more and you've a 6-man team, possibly with Thunderbolt Ross in a senior role.

A Black Widow movie, with or without Hawkeye in a sidekick role, seems like a sure bet.

Similarly, a Winter Soldier / Falcon buddy-cop movie could be a neat change of pace (the two of them had some fun bickering banter in Civil War).

I think the latter with the former incorporated into it would be more likely, either as a "Captain America" (Barnes or Wilson) movie, or as "Secret Avengers" with another couple of characters such as Nick Fury and Sharon Carter thrown in, somethng like the line-up we saw in CA:TWS

A WW2-set Invaders movie would rock my world, but will probably never happen..
[ ]
...Others, like Hellstrom or the Black Knight seem more Netflix-level than movie-level, IMO.

I really think they missed a trick with Agent Carter when it comes to heroes that could have worked in the late 40s/'early 50s .... Black Knight being one example, but also i think they could have used The Two-Gun Kid, giving something of a foreshadowing of Cap's later experience in the 21st century.

I like the idea of having the Thunderbolts star in a Captain America movie. This is how I would do it...

The movie opens with Zemo, Klaw and Abomination tasked by Thunderbolt Ross with apprehending Hulk. They do so successfully. Captain America, Falcon and Winter Soldier go on a mission to free Hulk and take out the Thunderbolts. Two small teams, one drastically more powerful than the other. And another Hulk team-up cameo to boot. Foolproof.

I really think they missed a trick with Agent Carter when it comes to heroes that could have worked in the late 40s/'early 50s .... Black Knight being one example, but also i think they could have used The Two-Gun Kid, giving something of a foreshadowing of Cap's later experience in the 21st century.

Starhawk from Gaurdians-if from another time period may as well have a younger actor play the future version of character and Stallone the present? That would flip the notion of past and present upside down.

Not really. The X-men are an afterthought post-MCU. The two most popular teams right now are Guardians and Avengers and they are meeting up next year. Cinematic X-men have wasted the character's potential so much for so long the only two X-men the audience really cares about are Logan and Professor X.

And they are both dead!!!!

Popularity doesn't,t matter. Guardians weren't popular when they blew up. Make a good movie and you get paid. Make an awesome movie and you get paid more. Make an unbelievable movie on a level never before seen, then you get paid the most. X-men give you more powers and abilities to work with than both avengers and Guardians combined. All it needs is Marvel to bring it to life and not fox. It will no doubt shatter records because on screen it would be amazing period.

Popularity doesn't,t matter. Guardians weren't popular when they blew up. Make a good movie and you get paid. Make an awesome movie and you get paid more. Make an unbelievable movie on a level never before seen, then you get paid the most. X-men give you more powers and abilities to work with than both avengers and Guardians combined. All it needs is Marvel to bring it to life and not fox. It will no doubt shatter records because on screen it would be amazing period.

Apart from all the legal reason why this will never be done popularity matters a lot!!!!

The Guardians blew up after their first movie, instantly. The X-men are in the spotlight for two decades and they are not even close to the level of relevance and impact that the MCU Teams are. That's because the public largely doesn;t care about them as a team. They care about some individual characters. Also "introducing more powers" isn;t really that much of an incentive. Marvel can easily introduce Inhumans and have more powers in the films.

And beofre anyone says that they are getting a tv show, if you think that this will stop Feige if he wants to put Inhumans in the MCU, you are mistaken.

Apart from all the legal reason why this will never be done popularity matters a lot!!!!

The Guardians blew up after their first movie, instantly. The X-men are in the spotlight for two decades and they are not even close to the level of relevance and impact that the MCU Teams are. That's because the public largely doesn;t care about them as a team. They care about some individual characters. Also "introducing more powers" isn;t really that much of an incentive. Marvel can easily introduce Inhumans and have more powers in the films.

And beofre anyone says that they are getting a tv show, if you think that this will stop Feige if he wants to put Inhumans in the MCU, you are mistaken.

The only reason they aren't popular is because mcu doesn't have them. As soon as the mcu gets the rights or agreement to do a movie, I guarantee you, it will out due the first guardians movie quite easily.

The only reason they aren't popular is because mcu doesn't have them. As soon as the mcu gets the rights or agreement to do a movie, I guarantee you, it will out due the first guardians movie quite easily.

I don' disagree with that but it's not going to happen anytime soon anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"