Phase 4 Predictions

The_Manhunter

Zack Snyder & MCU Fan
Reaction score
So far, Spider-Man: Homecoming 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and Doctor Strange 2 are the only confirmed Phase 4 films. What other films do you think Marvel has in store for us?

July 2019: Spider-Man Homecoming 2
May 2020: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
August 2020: Untitled
November 2020: Untitled

With James Gunn's statement that GOTG 3 will set up the next 10 years of Marvel movies, and that he is essentially doing the role in Phase 4 that Joss Whedon did in Phase 2 and the Russo brothers are doing in Phase 3, my guess is we are going to go heavy on cosmic films. Kevin Feige also stated that Adam Warlock will be essential to Phase 4. I could see:

- Captain Marvel 2 (her character makes sense for a cosmic focus)
- Rocket & Groot (Gunn has apparently wanted to do a Rocket solo film)
- Doctor Strange 2 (likely coming in July 2020)
- Thor 4 (Waititi looks like he has crushed it on Ragnarok and Hemsworth has said he wants to do more)

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Fantastic Four
Namor

Pretty please.

Fantastic 4, Nova, silver surfer.

Netflix: blade, ghost rider, moonknight,

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is absolutly not interested to the Fantastic 4?
And I cant imagine Marvel is willing to take that medial war from the critics.

Predictions,... or what I'd like?

What I'd like would be Fantastic Four, Nova, Namor, & The Squadron Supreme (Supreme Power arc). i'm just not sure how the last would fit in the MCU.

Predictions,... or what I'd like?

What I'd like would be Fantastic Four, Nova, Namor, & The Squadron Supreme (Supreme Power arc). i'm just not sure how the last would fit in the MCU.

There may be legal issues with WB/DC regarding a Squadron movie given that they were created as an analog to the JL.

Doctor Strange 2
Fantastic Four reboot

Character predictions (by 2020):
  • Nick Fury and Hawkeye will either retire or die.
  • Vision and Scarlet Witch will decide to keep the Infinity Stones safe and thus "ascend" out of the regular series.
  • Disney will retain access to Spider-Man. He will go from mostly agreeing with Stark to mostly agreeing with Rogers.
  • Disney will gain access to the Fantastic Four through a deal similar to the one with Sony.
Movie predictions
  • May 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3
  • Aug 2020 - Doctor Strange 2
  • Nov 2020 - Thor 4
  • Mar 2021 - Black Panther 2
  • May 2021 - Avengers 5
  • July 2021 - Spider-Man 3
  • Nov 2021 - Fantastic Four
  • May 2022 - Avengers 6
  • Aug 2022 - Nova
  • Nov 2022 - Captain Marvel 2
This will establish a rhythm whereby Sony releases a Spider-Man film in July of every odd-numbered year and Fox releases a Fantastic Four film in July of every even-numbered year. Thus Disney is able to produce four Marvel films a year without cluttering their own release schedule starting in 2023 and 2024.

Last edited:
Do you realize that Marvel doesn't own the F4? That;s like saying November 2021: MCU's Batman.

Why do you pick properties that Marvel doesn't own?

He is not the only one. I don'tt want another F4 solo either. And if i judge from Marvel's reddit where many people have said they are only interested in the ancilary characters like Silver Surfer or Doom i'm not alone either...

Do you realize that Marvel doesn't own the F4? That;s like saying November 2021: MCU's Batman.

Because we like to think that by a certain time we will have the rights back from fox OR that a deal has already been reached and it a just a matter of time...i would certainly add F4 to Phase 4....also a GOOD F4 film series is a must....so yes I want to see them shine

Do you realize that Marvel does indeed own the F4 (and the X-Men and Spider-man as well), and licensed the film rights to FOX in an agreement that requires the studio to put a new film into production within an approximate seven year time period or lose the film rights?

And do you realize that the disastrous response to the last FF film, along with the high cost required to put the franchise onscreen, means that the film rights will be reverting to THE OWNER within the next five years at the absolute latest?

It's a educated prediction. The Fantastic Four have no future at Fox but Disney could work wonders with them. Sale/deal/expiration whatever, it's very likely to happen.

It wasn't all that long ago that Marvel didn't have Daredevil, Spider-Man or Ego, but now we've seen all of them in Marvel productions.

Phase Four will take long enough and Fox's license will expire soon enough that it's very reasonable to expect FF could be part of Phase Four.

Am I the only one who is absolutly not interested to the Fantastic 4?
And I cant imagine Marvel is willing to take that medial war from the critics.

The rights are bigger than just the F4. With that we get Galactus, Doom, Annihilus, and Kang. And I'd love to see a Silver Surfer movie.

2019/2020: Spidey2, Gotg vol. 3, Doctor Stranger, Black Panthers, new property
2021: Captain Marvel Part II, Ant-Man and Goliath, new property
2022: New property, Avenger5

I have no idea if they would make insert name movie #4 for the big three. And I don't think they are gonna do two Avengers movie in two consecutive years in 1 MCU phase again. Though I won't be surprised if there are more team up movies like Civil War and Ragnarok. Third Spidey movie should come after Avenger5. As for the new properties/series, maybe Fantastic Four? I want Marvel to surprise me with solo movies for Namor, She Hulk and Spider-Woman. But given the rights issue, I think it would be someone else. Maybe Nova? I don't really see Warlock or any of the Gotg getting their spin off film well at least not in this phase.

Writing this, it looks like they are kinda running out of big new heroes especially we are getting / already got movies for the likes of Ds/Am/Cm/Sm and Bp in phase three. I would be surprised if the likes of Moon, Rider, Chi and Blade go to the movies and get their own feature film. They had their chance for another new ensemble movie with the Inhumans, but looks like they dropped the ball quickly.

Last edited:

One: Marvel *does* own FF. Fox merely holds a license to make movies out of them.

Two: Because there's a nontrivial possibility that the rights will revert in time to do something in Phase 4. . . or have, in fact, already reverted.

All the heavy hitters are with FF. Unless they keep trading for characters until the rights revert. Thats the biggest benefit to getting them sooner.

I predict that FF will be with Marvel come phase 4, and I hope we get a FF solo film, but maybe throw them in elsewhere too. Also, didn't Namor revert also? If so, there is another likely solo happening

I'm guessing Phase 4 will comprise 9-12 films, depending on whether we get Avengers 5 in 2022 or 2023 (I could see them going for the latter as we'll be getting Infinity War and A4 within a year of each other obviously ), and they'll likely continue the new pattern of three films a year.

I also think the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel will serve as an epilogue for Phase 3 the way Ant-Man did for Phase 2, as that will still technically be a Sony film and Marvel will certainly want one of their own films to be the starting point for Phase 4.

That being said, I think the following ones are near-certainties:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Dr. Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Ant-Man 3
Captain Marvel 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3
Avengers 5

So that would leave 2-5 open slots.

Guardians Vol 3
Dr Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Ant Man 3
Captain Marvel 2
Spider Man 2

These are definitely certainties but Fantastic Four I don't see how it makes Phase 4 especially if Disney/Marvel do not get the rights back in time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"