Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never watched it because I don't like Levi. I watched the Community cameos on Youtube and liked those parts. :oldrazz:

Chuck is okay. Chuck himself is a ridiculously mediocre actor.

Chuck always felt like it tried to hard.. I never got into it at all

I was a Heroes Fan Myself :o

Never watched it. All I really know of Levi's work is actually his voice acting in Tangled.

I loved Chuck....so.....yeah. :D

I watched both Heroes and Chuck to their bitter, bitter ends, and I think all throughout, except maybe in the first seasons, Chuck was a far superior and FAR more consistent show. Neither one was the stuff of greatness, though, lol.

Anyway, Levi's fine, imo. The only reason I don't want him in this movie is because he's Fandral, and it seems way too early in the game to start recycling actors. Thankfully I don't know enough about Star Lord's character to actually be offended by the thought of him in the role. But I'm still hoping that report was indeed inaccurate and some of the previous candidates are still in the running, because when it comes to the leading men of quirky, geek-friendly TV shows from the 2007 pilot season...Lee Pace>>>>>>>>Zac Levi. ;)

Interesting thought. The Guardians of the Galaxy have such a low profile that if this movie bombs, it will probably also severely marginalize the characters in the comic books as well.

I only watched 'Chuck', on and off, because of Yvonne Strahovski.

Why you guys still going on about Zach Levi? Those reports were likely false.

Interesting thought. The Guardians of the Galaxy have such a low profile that if this movie bombs, it will probably also severely marginalize the characters in the comic books as well.

Hopefully that won't be the case.

I also want the movie to do well so it will shut up the people who say it will flop because GOTG isn't popular with the GA. If popularity is an issue, then by that logic, no original movie can be successful as no one knew or cared about the characters prior to learning about the movie.

Star Wars was a film featuring original characters. As was the Matrix, Indiana Jones, Avatar(which is the highest grossing movie ever) and any other movie/fracnchise based on an original idea. GOTG may not have a large built in audience. But unlike original films, it has some pre-existing fans.

I watched both Heroes and Chuck to their bitter, bitter ends, and I think all throughout, except maybe in the first seasons, Chuck was a far superior and FAR more consistent show. Neither one was the stuff of greatness, though, lol.

Anyway, Levi's fine, imo. The only reason I don't want him in this movie is because he's Fandral, and it seems way too early in the game to start recycling actors. Thankfully I don't know enough about Star Lord's character to actually be offended by the thought of him in the role. But I'm still hoping that report was indeed inaccurate and some of the previous candidates are still in the running, because when it comes to the leading men of quirky, geek-friendly TV shows from the 2007 pilot season...Lee Pace>>>>>>>>Zac Levi. ;)

:nono:

I'm not as concerned about that as I am that, if GOTG goes turkey up, what kind of damage will it do to future appearances of Thanos? If Thanos' actual big-screen debut --- you know, with lines and script and everything --- turns into a big purple turd, nobody's gonna be too keen on seeing him again in TA2.

For that matter, if GOTG goes belly up, it could make Marvel Studios more reluctant to explore other Cosmic Marvel characters/story arcs as well.

Why you guys still going on about Zach Levi? Those reports were likely false.

Hold the phone there.

A few days ago, James Gunn, IGN, and Variety got involved in a minor Tweet-roversy over the situation. Present status: Gunn removed his Tweet about the Variety article being "mostly false"; IGN had to contact, clarify, and retract their report that Gunn's Tweet had effectively said that Levi wasn't in the running; Variety's article writer Tweeted that Gunn was basically full of **** and not even on the same page as Marvel Studios casting; and Variety still stands by their story.

A few days ago, James Gunn, IGN, and Variety got involved in a minor Tweet-roversy over the situation. Present status: Gunn removed his Tweet about the Variety article being "mostly false"; IGN had to contact, clarify, and retract their report that Gunn's Tweet had effectively said that Levi wasn't in the running; Variety's article writer Tweeted that Gunn was basically full of **** and not even on the same page as Marvel Studios casting; and Variety still stands by their story.

Still think it's a done deal. Just waiting for the official announcement.:hehe:

OR ign ran a hit ****ing headline that attributed to Gunn something very specific that he never specifically stated, Gunn asked that it be changed, and then the Variety writer got his panties in a bunch

Who's to say, really :yay:

Alls I know is I want some real casting news soon, so this Chuck nonsense can become a distant memory. And this merry-go-round of "analysis" about the same two sentences can be put out of its misery :o

Variety writes false crud all the time. Doesn't mean its true.

I don't mind if they recast actors already in the MCU... That way Idris Elba is still eligible to play Luke Cage, which he would well and truly NAIL. I had him flagged for Cage years ago, back when I saw the first season of The Wire.

Zachary Levi is the John Krasinski of GotG. They even look alike. :angry: Hopefully they'll have similar fates.

I'm not as concerned about that as I am that, if GOTG goes turkey up, what kind of damage will it do to future appearances of Thanos? If Thanos' actual big-screen debut --- you know, with lines and script and everything --- turns into a big purple turd, nobody's gonna be too keen on seeing him again in TA2.

For that matter, if GOTG goes belly up, it could make Marvel Studios more reluctant to explore other Cosmic Marvel characters/story arcs as well.

I guess I'm really the only person who's looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy to see the team in a film, not just to see it used as a springboard for A2.

I guess I'm really the only person who's looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy to see the team in a film, not just to see it used as a springboard for A2.

I'm definitely excited about seeing GOTG, and seeing GOTG turn into a full-fledged genuine franchise with a GOTG2 announced soon after a phenomenal run at the box office....

...but I'm just saying that if this film goes John Carter or Green Lantern, it's going to severely hurt the chances of Cosmic Marvel in the MCU in general. I'm most concerned, in particular, about the way they portray Thanos....this could seriously **** things up for him in future movies. Wish I could be more optimistic about it, but Marvel Studios doesn't have a great track record yet when it comes to villains --- Loki is the only one who's been positively received by fans, critics and general audiences alike. Hopefully they'll get some better writing for the villains in Phase II.

"Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joins The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Race"

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/joseph-gordon-levitt-joins-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-race/

EXCLUSIVE: The derby to land the lead role of Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy has gotten even more interesting. Marvel Studios has added Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the list of actors they are considering for what is seen as its next major franchise launch.

Deadline reported that Marvel had made test deals with Zero Dark Thirty‘s Joel Edgerton, Boardwalk Empire‘s Jack Huston, Cloud Atlas‘ Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace (who has roles in both Lincoln and The Hobbit), and Eddie Redmayne from Les Miserables. More recently, Zachary Levi was identified as a candidate.

I’m not sure if Gordon-Levitt has been offered the role and nobody would comment, but he’s in the mix. He is just coming out of the superhero movie The Dark Knight Rises, which left him in an intriguing position as Chris Nolan’s film trilogy concluded.

James Gunn is directing the film, and Quill is the Guardians leader who is the offspring of a human mother and an alien father. Guardians Of The Galaxy first appeared in Marvel Comics way back in 1969 but didn’t get its own series until the 1990s. Quill leads a group of alien superheros who team to protect the solar system from an evil alien race. The good guys are from the future, and another dimension. In the comics, the Guardians worked with The Avengers, so there should be opportunities to use Marvel’s big franchises to help launch the new one. That gives Disney a deep space companion to its plans to resuscitate Star Wars.

There has also been mention of interest in Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden (he already played Cyclops in X-Men, but then again Chris Evans played Fantastic Four‘s Human Torch before landing Captain America) and Edgerton’s Animal Kingdom co-star Sullivan Stapleton.

Oh hell yes :up:

Hopefully that means no Blake in Justice League, too

Now let us never speak of Chuck again :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member