• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I am a big fan of discussing different things because you know full well this is being discussed behind closed doors.

Gunn in the past has made it clear that there shouldn't be multiple iterations of a character. I believe zaslav said there wouldn't be multiple batmen.

I just don't see a world where wbd is looking to establish a second batman live screen property that will have an actor that is the same age as Pattinson. Coupled with the media companies tightening the purse strings on budgets and spend, flash failing (contained multiple batman actors), zaslav being ruthless with actually shelving finished products and a successful batman movie already out in the public.

I just find it hard to believe that they haven't gone back to Matt Reeves again to see if he will integrate the character. A year ago the script for legacy wasn't even finished. I understand Reeves' hesitancy to do so based on just hearing plans, but if you delay the batman 2 you give an opportunity and some breathing room to see if superman is successful. If it is, you have the opportunity to build on 2 successes to create excitement for DC as a whole.

Everyone can dismiss this an have their personal preference but I do think this is what's going on behind the scenes, especially with studios turning their attention to costs.

Almost March and still nothin.

6924cf0ba783bf275ae3b7b3c761d347be9d1f0e.gif

I am a big fan of discussing different things because you know full well this is being discussed behind closed doors.

Gunn in the past has made it clear that there shouldn't be multiple iterations of a character. I believe zaslav said there wouldn't be multiple batmen.

I just don't see a world where wbd is looking to establish a second batman live screen property that will have an actor that is the same age as Pattinson. Coupled with the media companies tightening the purse strings on budgets and spend, flash failing (contained multiple batman actors), zaslav being ruthless with actually shelving finished products and a successful batman movie already out in the public.

I just find it hard to believe that they haven't gone back to Matt Reeves again to see if he will integrate the character. A year ago the script for legacy wasn't even finished. I understand Reeves' hesitancy to do so based on just hearing plans, but if you delay the batman 2 you give an opportunity and some breathing room to see if superman is successful. If it is, you have the opportunity to build on 2 successes to create excitement for DC as a whole.

Everyone can dismiss this an have their personal preference but I do think this is what's going on behind the scenes, especially with studios turning their attention to costs.
It’s also not just about Reeves, it’s about Pattinson who is not the kind of actor who is going to sign the kind of massive multipicture deal that someone like Corenswet presumably did. I’m extremely cynical about this franchises future and always have been but at the end of the day this movie has a far higher chance of being a success than their DCU launching Superman: Legacy which I suspect means something.

I’d rather Reeves walk than integrate, tbh. I don’t have any interest in the DCU and think it’s a colossal, doomed mistake so a genuinely great version of the character being awkwardly mixed into it sounds awful.

Lol this thread gets pretty funny when no news is dropping. Didn't all this more or less happen w the first one? Nothing has really changed in a year to suggest Pattinson will now be in the DCU or that the powers that be are trying to force Reeves' hand. If they wanted to streamline it, or boot the whole universe out the window, why green light Penguin or bring it back into production after a 100+ day long strike?

I wouldn't be surprised if the script was already turned in.

Well, we can easily say that somebody from Dune could enter in The Batman universe: that's a Warner production.

Actually, screw it. Let’s shoot for the stars.

Chalamet for Mad Hatter

Denis Villeneuve on DUNE 3:

"There is absolutely a desire to have a third one, but I don’t want to rush it. The danger in Hollywood is that people get excited and only think about release dates, not quality."

I believe in Matt Reeves.

Denis Villeneuve on DUNE 3:

"There is absolutely a desire to have a third one, but I don’t want to rush it. The danger in Hollywood is that people get excited and only think about release dates, not quality."

I believe in Matt Reeves.

I believe in Reeves, but not in WB or Gunn.. Also, my good man, pass that link to that Ferguson devilish gif set of your avie. I'm going in to take a nap followed by a smoke. When I wake, if the link is on the this thread, I'll know I have a friend. If it isn't, I'll know I don't.

There's a reliable scooper saying that we should expect news in March, he's also implying that he already knows something, but that his source won't let him reveal it yet. Maybe our time is coming, at least I hope so.

I believe in Reeves, but not in WB or Gunn.. Also, my good man, pass that link to that Ferguson devilish gif set of your avie. I'm going in to take a nap followed by a smoke. When I wake, if the link is on the this thread, I'll know I have a friend. If it isn't, I'll know I don't.
It’s a few pages back in the DUNE thread.

I agree but Penguin is 100% a previous regimes project.

Sure, but it still getting brought back to finish production amidst Zavlav’s ****ty behavior and a 100+ day strike tells me they aren’t trying to usher this whole venture out the window.

I just think they’re trying to keep things close to the chest.

It is March 2020. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is December 2020. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is January 2023. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is September 2023. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is March 2024. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

After watching DUNE 2, my biggest wish is that Fraser comes back and they cook with 70mm IMAX

It is March 2020. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is December 2020. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is January 2023. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is September 2023. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

It is March 2024. People on SHF are freaking out that a new Matt reeves Batman movie is cancelled

While you're not wrong, in defence of those who are concerned (myself included) all of those dates have tangible events tied to them (COVID, DC changes, etc). I do find it a bit weird that we haven't heard anything yet given that the movie is supposed to come out next year, but part of me wonders if we'll be getting an announcement this month along with a new date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"