• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Along with the fact that even if more extended, you could probably get all of Alfred's scenes done in a few weeks or so total. Wasn't Collin basically done like halfway through filming I swear? And he was in the movie far more than Serkis

GNaAaDSXwAAZJhb.png

He also recommended the person asking who he's playing to watch Gotham, which suggests his character was there.

I dropped Gotham a couple seasons in, but the characters I remember appearing on it besides the big ones that have already been cast: Harvey Bullock, Harvey Dent (no way someone would reference Gotham and not TDK for this though lol), Roman Sionis’ dad who also had a mask fetish, Solomon Grundy, Sal Maroni, Mr. Freeze, Professor Pyg, Firefly, Bane, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange and Victor Zasz.

Edit: I forgot Clancy Brown’s already playing Sal Maroni, so it ain’t him.

As far as Gotham villains, the only one that springs to mind is Mr. Freeze.

I dropped Gotham a couple seasons in, but the characters I remember appearing on it besides the big ones that have already been cast: Harvey Bullock, Harvey Dent (no way someone would reference Gotham and not TDK for this though lol), Roman Sionis’ dad who also had a mask fetish, Solomon Grundy, Sal Maroni, Mr. Freeze, Professor Pyg, Firefly, Bane, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange and Victor Zasz.

Edit: I forgot Clancy Brown’s already playing Sal Maroni, so it ain’t him.
Harvey Bullock doesn't feel like the type of character they'd keep under wraps like this and plus Strong is just a bizarre choice for it, Roman Sionis I could see but it'd be weird to reference Gotham for that since it was just a one-off episode where Roman himself wasn't even featured, Grundy doesn't make sense. Bane really doesn't make sense. Jacked Scarecrow feels pretty random and Firefly was a woman in the show. Zsasz I could see but again, feels like a weird character to keep under wraps. So by process of elimination I'm going for he's either Hugo Strange or Mr. Freeze.

The "I'm sure you'll figure it out" makes me think it's a really obvious casting though, so maybe I'm leaning more towards Freeze, as I've seen him fancast a lot for it.

I was gonna say, I’m sure there were others on there I didn’t remember. Like Mad Hatter’s one I left off who was on there, but I doubt he’s him lol.

I genuinely hope he’s not Freeze. I’m guessing we can rule out Black Mask (even though I would still love that). Maybe he’s Hugo Strange, but I don’t want to jump to Mark being limited to bald characters. There’s not many characters that he necessarily has to be in shape for.

so
1) IMDB was right that he was cast few months ago.
2) IMDB was saying young Falcone
3) he is playing a physical character
4) maybe Scarecrow? although i think that's David H Holmes' role.
5) Clayface?

My first thought would be Rex Calabrese if they did flash backs, but that seems like a waste of an actor like him.

Hugo Strange seems too obvious of a choice but makes the most sense in the context of the show with Arkham being featured.

Mr. freeze would be a curve ball as I don't see how he fits the story of a mob war and penguins rise to power.

Either way it's nice to hear some scraps of rumours as it's been way to quiet since the sequel was pushed out until 2026. Hopefully the show premiers sometime in September/October.

I'm not crazy about Hugo Strange from the little I've heard compared to some of Batman's other rogues, nor am I particularly enthused about the idea of Mark Strong playing another big DC villain. But judging by the "Dr. Desotto" character in the casting list, the clues are hard to ignore.

If I had anything enthusiastic to say as of right now, it's that he's different and provides a nice, natural "In" for the obligatory Joker & Riddler scenes.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that no trades have picked up on this.

Actually, it seemed like we were getting more info on this universe in general before and during the strikes and now it's gone completely silent after they've been back to work for about 8 months.

I am so deeply confused by Andy Serkis being in the exact same scheduling situation he was during the first movie is causing the latest bout of insane The Batman, Part II paranoia. "Paranoid" really is the first word that comes to mind when I think of this fandom now (I am also totally guilty of it).

Did this movie get even a single mention today at WBD's Upfront?

I dunno, fam. I'm getting worried this one's heading to the chopping block.

Did this movie get even a single mention today at WBD's Upfront?

I dunno, fam. I'm getting worried this one's heading to the chopping block.
... Why would they mention it? Upfront is for advertising and this movie won't be making any money on advertising until like 3 years.

I dunno. They're already dating and talking about Supergirl and that's coming out around the same time. Just complete and total radio silence on this project however.

The Batman Part ll is dated too though. And Supergirl has had its script done since November. Matt took 2 years to write the script for the first film. Really don't understand the paranoia here at all, we all knew that he's a very slow writer. Even if Matt manages to cut down the number and it takes him 18 months to write this film, we'd still be like 4-6 months away from any news about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"