In Brightest day.. The Official Hal Jordan Thread

Whoever it is should have good comedic timing. If they're using Lethal Weapon as a template, John and Hal need to have good chemistry.

I hope it's more Men in Black than Lethal Weapon. If Hal is supposed to be the veteran GL, I can totally see him in an Agent K-type role.

I would prefer LW to MIB just because I'd rather they be equals in "heroic stature" rather than just being the mentor, trainee thing. It should be there for sure if Jon is the new inductee but I would find it TOO similar to MIB.

On the other hand... That's a tried and true method of getting the audience on board with the world of your film. Jon is the entry point character, an Earth man called into the service of the GLC and he's shown the ropes by Hal, the done it all and seen it all vet. I get the appeal and the utility of it.

I too would prefer Lethal Weapon in Space over any MiB-esque dynamic.

I too would prefer Lethal Weapon in Space over any MiB-esque dynamic.

To be fair... An amalgam of both is probably the best route. It kinda literally writes itself if you take that path.

Kilowog: "Hey Poozer... Heard things been heating up your sector. Your home planet to be precise."

Hal: "Nothing I can't handle Kil."

Kilowog: "You're handling your sector fine but you weren't even at home when Earth had it's first big interplanetary dust up..."

Hal: "That Kryptonian thing...?

Kilowog: "...AND you were off world for that second big interplanetary dust up... An APOKALIPTIAN dust up I might add. Your home looks like it's inna cross hairs of the baddest of the bad recently. I gotta tell ya Jordan... I think the Guardians are gonna assign you a partner to help ya out."

Hal: "Partner AGAIN?"

Dear SHH, stop trying to make Armie Hammer happen, it's not gonna happen.

After watching suits, Gabriel Macht is my new candidate for Hal. He would be perfect for the role

Ha, he was my pick for Cap all those many years ago. I could definitely see him as Hal.

Only if Megan Markle plays Carol Ferris.

Gabriel Macht is not as well known which is what DC should go; go after lesser known actors

Seeing the latest shortlist for Hal Jordan there's:

Gabriel Macht
James Marsden
John Krasinski
Taylor Kitsch
Jensen Ackles
Jamie Dornan
Nathan Fillion
Josh Duhamel
Zac Efron of all people is even on the list

I'm probably gonna get ridiculed when I had this in mind so....Jason Sudeikis.

jason-sudeikis.jpg

I know this may seem a crazy idea, but we've seen a lot of success over the years with comedic actors playing superheroes (Michael Keaton, Chris Pratt, Paul Rudd).

I'm probably gonna get ridiculed when I had this in mind so....Jason Sudeikis.

jason-sudeikis.jpg

I know this may seem a crazy idea, but we've seen a lot of success over the years with comedic actors playing superheroes (Michael Keaton, Chris Pratt, Paul Rudd).

Not at all. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen his name come up, so you definitely got yourself an out-of-the-box pick. After Colossal, I'm on board for whatever moderately more dramatic thing he gets cast in.

I'm gonna get tossed outta the room for this one, but whatever, I promise I've given it actual thought, lol. You know who's been looking a bit Hal-like recently that's got me thinking?

chemshal3pgbxa_Y1rdxalvo2_12801.jpg chemshal2r6_NLU1usexcfo1_12801.jpg

Just sayin', he's got surprisingly strong comedic chops that would work well in a "buddy cop" scenario, works best as part of an ensemble, his ego's not so big that he demands to be the star, still has that "leading man" essence, is a current and relevant "name" that wouldn't cost as much as a Tom Cruise, and Hal is different enough a character from Thor that it wouldn't feel like type-casting at all. His time with Marvel is possibly already done, and unlike his other fellow Avengers actors, he seems eager to stay in the franchise game for as long as he can (he's got a few kids to put through college after all, lol).

Yeah, I know we fans hate it when superhero actors double-dip, but I mean, we're the only ones who actually care about that. Hems needs a post-Thor career, and he sure as hell won't find it as any kind of dramatic leading man. Franchises that he doesn't have to carry entirely on his shoulders are his ticket to remaining relevant, imo, and I think he knows it.

Last edited:
I would probably go Liam Hemsworth for a younger Hal but older Hal I would go Bradley Cooper

I'm gonna get tossed outta the room for this one, but whatever, I promise I've given it actual thought, lol. You know who's been looking a bit Hal-like recently that's got me thinking?

View attachment 9689 View attachment 9691

Just sayin', he's got surprisingly strong comedic chops that would work well in a "buddy cop" scenario, works best as part of an ensemble, his ego's not so big that he demands to be the star, still has that "leading man" essence, is a current and relevant "name" that wouldn't cost as much as a Tom Cruise, and Hal is different enough a character from Thor that it wouldn't feel like type-casting at all. His time with Marvel is possibly already done, and unlike his other fellow Avengers actors, he seems eager to stay in the franchise game for as long as he can (he's got a few kids to put through college after all, lol).

Yeah, I know we fans hate it when superhero actors double-dip, but I mean, we're the only ones who actually care about that. Hems needs a post-Thor career, and he sure as hell won't find it as any kind of dramatic leading man. Franchises that he doesn't have to carry entirely on his shoulders are his ticket to remaining relevant, imo, and I think he knows it.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't be opposed to this.

I wouldn't go with Chris but rather one of his brothers either Luke Hemsworth or Liam Hemsworth as Hal Jordan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"