• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Force Awakens In the days before The Force Awakens...

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Just like what I did back in 2012 with The Dark Knight Rises, where I rewatched the previous two films back to back; I will be rewatching the Star Wars films back to back before the release of The Force Awakens. I wonder if all of you guys will be doing the same thing, which leads to a question I have about this idea that perhaps you guys have or haven't decided yet...

The original trilogy a no brainer, but what about the prequels?

My gf and I have been doing a saga re-watch leading up to TFA. Yes, my gf kindly agreed to watch the prequels too. She's a good sport. :yay:

We've already watched I and II, and will soon watch III but then things get pretty busy for us for a while. So I'm thinking a proper back-to-back OT marathon to finish it off shortly before TFA comes out.

I'll be watching the OT hours before TFA's release. I'm in the UK and managed to get a ticket for the midnight showing on the 16th/17th.

I'll be going on my own tho, which is a bit of a bummer.

I'll be watching the OT hours before TFA's release. I'm in the UK and managed to get a ticket for the midnight showing on the 16th/17th.

I'll be going on my own tho, which is a bit of a bummer.

So no to the prequels then?

i'm doing the marathon on the 17th so i'll definitely be re-watching all the films

I'm doing this marathon starting Friday or Saturday, if I include all 6, before the 17th. Because I know the first showings will be on Thursday night than Friday.

I think I will go do a marathon of the "De-Specialized" original trilogy before we watch it. While my brother and I stand in line for seats for 12 hours we will watch the Star Wars Holiday Special (Rifftrax).

I think I will go do a marathon of the "De-Specialized" original trilogy before we watch it. While my brother and I stand in line for seats for 12 hours we will watch the Star Wars Holiday Special (Rifftrax).

Damn, no reserved seating where you are? I'm not the biggest fan of it for later screenings but it's a lifesaver for this kind of thing.

Damn, no reserved seating where you are? I'm not the biggest fan of it for later screenings but it's a lifesaver for this kind of thing.

Sadly no. So my brother and I will be in line for 12 hours or so. But between two Ipad's and many films on it we will make it a fun time.

Solidus is going old school! I like it. :up:

Yep! I will have my Life Day shirt on as well.

Rewatched "The Phantom Menace" this past week.

"Attack of the Clones" is up next. Basically I've timed it out so it's an Episode per week up to and including "The Force Awakens."

Not that I need to necessarily. I marathoned both trilogies twice over the summer.

I chalk it up to the electricity that's been in the air ever since the film was announced. It's an incredible feeling.

I've never been to a theater that has reserved seating. I've been to AMC, Carmike, and Marquee cinemas and they've all been first come first serve seating.

These are the versions I'll be watching:

goutboxes.jpg

December 14th: Star Wars

December 15th: The Empire Strikes Back

December 16th: Return of the Jedi

December 17th: The Force Awakens

December 18th:

YnHG3gu.gif

They've played all six of the previous movies on TV (revent bluray versions) and I watched bits and pieces of all of them (RotJ was a couple of nights ago).

But, I'll probably at least give the Original Trilogy another watch closer to release. Undecided on the PT. Not because of hate, just because I don't know if I'll have the inclination or time to watch that many.

I'll watch all 6 movies before I go to see TFA. Some friends and I have been discussing all the past films, our favorite moments and the characters over the past year. We'll be going to see it on the 19th.

I know for a fact that I'm going to get chills when I see...

I don't think I could push the cheesiness of the PT, but i've already started watching the OT with my girlfriend (it's her first time, so it's pretty special) and it's been so long that i've forgotten alot of scenes. It's alot different than I remember actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"