Iron Fist now has a director!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=410652

Steve Carr Waits In Marvel Queue for "Iron Fist" Production

Posted by Jen Yamato on Thursday, Mar. 29, 2007, 08:21 AM

Ftopel writes: "Steve Carr has been announced as the director for the Marvel Comics film "Iron Fist," but he is planning to make other projects first. It's not that he's not excited about it, it's just that Marvel is kind of busy.

"When I have the opportunity, we'll figure it out but there's a long line of comic books getting made into films and he's kind of like a smaller star of that galaxy," said Carr. "So I don't know when it's going to happen honestly."

Given his druthers, Carr knows how he'd go with "Iron Fist." "I'd love it to be kind of dark and almost kind of chop-socky kind of vibe, but it feels like there's a lot of comic book heroes they want to make first."

Marvel has started a trend of using comedy directors to make their superhero movies. Carr would follow Tim Story. "Yeah, Tim Story's a friend of mine. We came up and he's a video guy. He's a really great guy. I think it would be a really interesting opportunity and I'm hoping that it starts to happen a little bit quicker."

Perhaps "Fist" would get going if Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" wasn't stealing all its thunder. "See, I don't have enough Iron in my title. He has 'Iron Man,' I only have a fist. I should have Hot Iron Body. That would get me done first, or Steel Something."

I changed the title because I forgot he was attached it's been so long and as early as 2003 he was rumored off the project.

Awesome! Now that this is happening, I hope we get more news on the film. With Iron Fist's new ongoing, the title of the film should be like the title of his ongoing series. The Immortal Iron Fist

Awesome news!

If you read the bottom of my first post I had forgotten he's been attached for quite some time. I'm glad he's still wanting to do it and he's ready when Marvel's ready to go. That's all good news. I forgot if Iron Fist was party of the Marvel Facility or not. I need to review the 12 films again. If not they could still add it with approval from Merril. Marvel's films are not small. They're going all out on each release and they're only putting out 2 Marvel Studios films out per year. 2008 and 2009 are tied up. I see 2010 being tied up as well. Probably 2011/2012 at the earliest around the time they restructure the whole financing deal. By then they could probably fund the film themselves. LOL

Fantastic to hear. I agree with The Iron Fist, Iron Fist's series has been a great read. I hope the idea of the film will be half based off the story being told in his series.

Yay Steve Carr is still directing. :sarcasticeyerollingwhilepukingsmilie:

So LFG is no longer making this? If the rights have gone back to Marvel I don't see this being made anytime soon.

Yeah the rights are at Marvel unless they feel like selling them out...which would make no sense. I think what Marvel might be waiting for is the Luke Cage rights back from Sony. Sony's dragging their feet worse than New Line on Iron Man. I don't think Sony has much time left unless they negotiated an extension via the lawsuit settlement with Marvel in return forfeiting more $$$ back to Marvel for Spidey. Probably.

I would love to see this movie made! He's not the most popular character, but niether was Blade. I would like to see a "real" martial artist in the role of Iron Fist. Is Ray Park still up for the role?

Fantastic to hear. I agree with The Iron Fist, Iron Fist's series has been a great read. I hope the idea of the film will be half based off the story being told in his series.

Thanks man. :up:

And yeah, I think there are some things from his ongoing that can be used in the movie. Like how he can learn new tricks with his Iron Fist and how he runs his business Rand Corp. Showing his playboy, millionaire and hero acts into one would be awesome.

I would love to see this movie made! He's not the most popular character, but niether was Blade. I would like to see a "real" martial artist in the role of Iron Fist. Is Ray Park still up for the role?

No one knows if Ray Park is still going to be Iron Fist. But imo I think a recast might happen. :ninja:

Who could be the villain of the movie?

Who could be the villain of the movie?

I'd say Steel Serpent should be the villain. He is one of Iron Fist's villains and they fought from time to time. He's back in Iron Fist's new ongoing series.

412994uh4.jpg

412995eu6.jpg

So yeah, I say Steel Serpent!

So who would you guys like to see as Iron Fist? I know ray Park was considered for the role, but I think once this move gets back on track, a recast might happen.

Me I'd go with Ryan Gosling. Marvel is kind of going with Oscar winners/nominated actors to play rols in Marvel movie projects. He was awesome in "Fracture" and I think he has the chops to play a young Danny Rand/ Iron Fist.

What do you guys think?

Mr Gosling Might Work As The Fist And He Has Done A Superhero Role Of Sorts Starring As Young Hercules

Mr Gosling Might Work As The Fist And He Has Done A Superhero Role Of Sorts Starring As Young Hercules

My thoughts exactly! When I saw Frature, there were a few scenes where I could see him as Danny. Remember in Immortal Iron Fist #1, when Danny and Jeryn are talking with Xao? There was a pic of Gosling from Fracture, and he looked close to how Danny was in that page.

So with Gosling being Oscar nominated, I think he'd make a good candidate for Danny Rand/Iron Fist.

Sorry if I scoop up an old thread but I had a revelation that Jason Statham should be Danny Rand aka Iron Fist.

He said he likes being in a comic movies but Namor is not a good fit for him. He's one of the more known action actors now with Jet Li (maybe Marvel should invite him as Shang Chi). Give him a blond wig and we're set to go.

edit just wow

I don't who's directing or who's starring, all I want in an Iron Fist movie is the choreography of Yuen Woo-ping. :woot:

Yes, we know the alternative is Ray Park. Ray Park isn't a bad choice but I kind of doubt he can carry the movie through acting & dialogues.

Awesome! Now that this is happening, I hope we get more news on the film. With Iron Fist's new ongoing, the title of the film should be like the title of his ongoing series. The Immortal Iron Fist

Awesome news!

It should have The Immortal Iron Fist tournament arc too.

Steve Carr is a god awful choice though

William Hill, I agree...a real martial artist should be Iron Fist. I also hope Luke Cage, Misty Knight, and Collen Wing are in the film as well. If Steel Serpent is the Villain then the city of K'un Lun should be included as well, since The Steel Serpent is the son of Lei Kung The Thunderer the Martial Arts master of K'un Lun.

I would cast Wu Jing from SPL as Danny Rand. Yes I realize the race of Daniel Rand would be changed...but Wu Jin was so good in SPL that I would like to see him get a starring role in the USA. My other casting choices are...
Yu-Ti Ruler of K'un Lun= Cary Tagawa
Steel Serpent= Donnie Yen
Lei Kung The Thunderer= Sonny Chiba
Luke Cage= Tyrese Gibson
Misty Knight= Aunjanue Ellis (Undercover Brother
Colleen Wing= Wei Tang (Ang Lee's Lust Caution)

Nope, Iron Fist should be Caucasian or else there would be outrage. Shang Chi should be Asian. Jet Li is a perfect choice for Shang Chi.

Chiefchirpa, Ok...What caucasian martial artist would you hire as Iron Fist? Please do not say Ray Park, as he will be busy starring as Snake Eyes in a trilogy of G.I. Joe films, if Stephen Sommers G.I. Joe is a good film as well as a box office hit.

Wu Jing would be my choice for Shang Chi as well. You should see SPL (woefully named Killzone in the US) with Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and Wu Jing to see why Wu Jing should have a role in either Iron Fist or Shang Chi.

Why does he need to be a martial artist? How about someone with acting ability

Sorry if I scoop up an old thread but I had a revelation that Jason Statham should be Danny Rand aka Iron Fist.

He said he likes being in a comic movies but Namor is not a good fit for him. He's one of the more known action actors now with Jet Li (maybe Marvel should invite him as Shang Chi). Give him a blond wig and we're set to go.

Also; de-age him about 15 years. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"